Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default TECH SECTION...please use it.

Hey people

Instead of simply posting up questions about how do I do this or that and have other members answer the same questions over and over and over again, how about referencing the huge amount of information and links that have already been posted in the specific Make and Model thread for specific vehicles?

I have spent a huge amount of time compiling information and adding it into these sections and a lot of other people have also added to the information I have put together.

Please reference these information sources FIRST, and if you simply cannot find the specific information you need there, then ask your question.

There have been repeated requests for:

Tire reviews-there are links on this forum for unbiased tire reviews and have been for a couple of years
    Toyota information- every Toyota question that has been posted lately can be answered by going to the Toyota Make and Model link and either finding the specific post or going to the huge Pirate 4x4 Toyota FAQ
    Locker information-every question that has been asked about lockers is in information that has been on the site for a couple of years...in, surprisingly, a thread titled "locker information"
    Toyota front end rebuild- there are probably six or more links posted with VERY detailed front end rebuild articles. Again, very surprisingly, in the Toyota Make and Model Links under the thread 'Toyota Front End Rebuilding' and again under "Toyota Front End Maintenance"
    Winches-again, there is a huge amount of information posted about reviews for almost all the brands of winches on the market today, rebuilding of the same, etc.
    Recovery-a huge mess of information is posted under about three different threads about recovery, what you need to have, techniques, what works, what doesn't, links to videos, etc, etc.

So, please take a little time in the future to simply use the Front Range 'search function', go to the Make and Model link for your brand of vehicle, or go to the Tech Section to see if the information is already there BEFORE asking a question that has been answered a hundred times before.

This is the reason I spent so much time putting the Tech Section together and keeping it free of useless chatter. It is a viable information resource for your use so that you can find the answers to questions you have. ( I really didn't spend so much time putting all this together simply because I was bored as p*** and had nothing better to do. I put it together as a service to the people on this forum. It would be nice to see people actually using it for a change instead of simply blurting out a question.....subtle, ain't I?)

It seems like for 90% questions asked in the last month or I have simply copied and pasted the already existing link on the site that has the answer on it.
    I don't know if this is from not knowing that the information is there or simply not bothering to look for information on the site, but please start using this information resource. If you find some good information resources for information that isn't listed or referenced, then please add them to the existing thread where they need to go.

Last Online
    June 9th, 2023
    4x4
    14 gmc sierra
    User Name
    Rick
    Real Name
    Rick and Lorraine(Rain)
    Thanks Given

Default Re: TECH SECTION...please use it.

Bump!!!