Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get some more discounts going on!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Let's get some more discounts going on!

We have a lot of Jeeps and we have a lot of Toyotas granted, but we also have a good number of both Ford and Chevys.

I think, judging by my experience with Stevinson Toyota, where I managed to get the FR members a wholesale price plus tax cost on parts, that we should be able to get the same thing for Jeeps, for sure, and very possibly with both Fords and Chevys. This is where the members rig poll comes in handy..IF PEOPLE USE IT...Ditto with the vehicle information in your settings. I had a very hard time trying to figure out who actually owned Toyotas as I had to supply first and last names to go on the Stevinson discount list...I am still waiting for the other members to respond who didn't supply this to add them on.

What I did in the case of Stevinson, was to talk to the head of Fleet Sales and explain who I was, who I was involved with (Front Range 4x4) and simply ask them to consider giving our Toyota owning Front Range members a discount. I supplied them with Chris Stafford's name, and the link to Front Range 4x4. A day later we were getting wholesale pricing from Stevinson and Stevinson is now showing up in the Friends of Front Range 4x4...another selling point.

I think it took all of 15 minutes. The hardest part (and most time consuming part) was digging up information on who actually drove Toyotas, part of why the Members Rigs Poll is more than just a cute item...it is a tool as it shows who actually posted with their rigs. That makes the job of listing members much easier.

What Chris and I would like to see is people step up who want to take the time and do the FR members a favor and talk to people at a Ford, Chevy, and Jeep places to see if the same thing can be arranged for these members. Mention that Stevinson is doing for the Yota guys...also mention that the Yota guys are going to first to Stevinson and talk Stevinson up because of this. These dealers aren't dumb, and they realize that word of mouth is an extremely good and cheap form of advertising.

The reason that I only mention the models listed is that we have the most of these brands and stand a better chance of getting a deal worked out. It is a little hard to go into a Dodge dealership, for instance, and say "Please work a deal with us on parts. Out of 200 members, we have three Dodges." Simply won't fly. On the other hand, doing the same with a Chrysler/Jeep place and saying" We have 50 Jeeps in our club. How bout working something out" goes over a bit better.

While you are at it, explain about the Anniversary run and the donations/gift certificates we have received so far. See if they want to kick in something....and make sure you ask for all of the promotional items that they want to send with you. After all, this is just part of their marketing budget...

It helps having some Front Range 4x4 cards. I have some I can get to you if you want to do this. So please just PM me with your address and I'll get some in the mail ASAP.

What Chris and I would like to see is someone volunteer to do this for Jeeps, someone for Chevy, and someone for Ford. If you have been into or frequent a particular dealer (especially if the service and parts people know you by name...) that is the place you want to go.

How about it? Step up and help make FR an even better group....with some perks...Oh...and don't volunteer if you think this is a good idea but aren't going to follow through...that doesn't fly...volunteer only if you can follow through and talk with these people.

Default Re: Let's get some more discounts going on!

We can get a club discount through 4 wheel parts it just takes for Chris to go in and talk with the managers with the club info.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Doesn't have to be me, I'm just the site admin. There are no leaders, officers, etc.

Remember, we are all owners of this, I just admin the site.

I know but you have all the important info for it I think.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

I have no idea what info they need. :o

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

1freaky1 previously posted:
    "We can get a club discount through 4 wheel parts it just takes for Chris to go in and talk with the managers with the club info."

As Chris said, there isn't really any club information. I was asked for the same thing at Stevinson and simply told them that we were just a group of 4 wheelers. Front Range 4x4 is the name of the group, no we do not have a brick and mortar 'clubhouse', yes we do have a lot of members, ...and here is the card with the website on it.

There really isn't much more than that Sean. That is why I offered to send anyone who wanted to pursue getting us some other discounts (notice how people are simply jumping out of the wood work to help out, too...) Front Range 4x4 business cards. I used my home address which anyone else can also use if Chris doesn't want to offer his (Peter Brody 6139 Reed Way, Arvada, CO 80003) because they asked for an address to use. I simply told the people who I have been talking to that I was an active member of the forum who happened to be in the area. I also mentioned that the site was started by Chris.

Someone wants to break the ice and get the initial contact stuff going on, either Chris or I can do the rest, so send the people our way. Both Chris and I have our hands a bit full at the moment, so am trying to get some response from other people.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

I'll add that both Pete and I have a bunch of business cards that we're more than happy to share with anyone who would like some.

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

I think it helps that you have made everyone aware that we can ask vendors for discounts. I have used this principle to encourage charitable donations. If you put the idea in someone's head, that idea will present itself when the appropriate situation arises.
    Even if someone does not 'step up' on this thread, he or she will remember it next time they are at the parts counter or dealership or whatever.

Last Online
    December 31st, 2023
    4x4
    Tacoma
    User Name
    dr350jja
    Real Name
    Jim
    Thanks Given

Chris previously posted:
    "I'll add that both Pete and I have a bunch of business cards that we're more than happy to share with anyone who would like some."

Hey Chris, if you or Pete can send me a few business cards, I have a few dealers I can approach to see if they will offer a discount for everyone. Being a parts mgr at a body shop, I talk with dealers every day.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Sweet! Shoot me your address in a PM and I'll send some to you. You are on the Stevinson list, BTW...

Last Online
    December 31st, 2023
    4x4
    Tacoma
    User Name
    dr350jja
    Real Name
    Jim
    Thanks Given

Brody previously posted:
    "Sweet! Shoot me your address in a PM and I'll send some to you. You are on the Stevinson list, BTW..."

PM sent. I get a good discount from Stevinson Toyota East (my side of town). lol

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

I went to Altitude today, and mentioned FR 4x4... saved me $40!!! Discounts are great!!!

at altitude it is $.75 for a normal, but the FR rate is $.50 per pound. That is HUGE. You are basically getting it %33 off. I bough 159 lbs of steel for $80.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

There are quite a few of us working on getting discounts going on from a variety of people. Consensus so far is to get people's names, first and last, that want to be added to the discount lists at these manufacturers and dealers. This can be done discretely through PMs or emails to either Chris or myself, and then presented to the individual dealers. If you do not want to participate and get some discounts, then simply do not send us your names when this is set up. Most dealers are going to require a list of people to refer to before giving any discounts.

We will post this up when it is starting to take shape. Many of the existing vendors already do discounts to FR people if you mention Front range 4x4 or my name. Some of these are : Arvada Auto Tech, Englewood Driveshaft, Altitude Steel, AA Performance Muffler and Brake, Yoda Jims, Perry and Terry Auto Body, Dave'z Off Road and Performance (in Cali) and Stevinson's Toyota West. Currently we are working to get FR discounts at General Air Service and Supply, 4Wheel Parts and quite a few other places.

You cooperation is appreciated, too, so if you have a dealer or after market parts shop that you frequent, take a minute and talk to the shop manager . Explain what FR is about, the number of member, the variety of rigs, etc. See if they would be willing to cut a deal for the FR members. If they are, get their information to either Chris or myself and we will handle the rest.

Last Online
    December 31st, 2023
    4x4
    Tacoma
    User Name
    dr350jja
    Real Name
    Jim
    Thanks Given

Two more dealers will be offering parts discounts to FR4x4 members. I spoke with Dan Roberts in O’meara Ford parts and he set up a 20% off list discount for members. Bob at Stevinson Toyota EAST will give us 15% off of Trade List (which should be pretty good). Just need to tell the dealer you are with the FR4x4 club.

Hope this helps. I will keep trying with some other metro area dealers.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    2008 Jeep Rubicon
    User Name
    Jackie
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Thanks Given

I'll be bringing my Jeep in to the Pro Chrysler Jeep dealer on 104th in Westminster very soon for an oil change and will be glad to strike up a conversation about discounts. Do you think I'll need a FR business card for that? If so, I'l PM you my address or arrange to pick a couple up from someone who lives in Westminster.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

That would be great Jackie! Pete has a bunch so you could pick some up from him via Sean. I'm waiting to hear but I may be over there soon too.

Jim, thanks!

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    2008 Jeep Rubicon
    User Name
    Jackie
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Thanks Given

OK. I'll wait to hear from Sean and plan on picking up a couple from him. (He just lives a few blocks from me although we have never met yet).

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Jackie previously posted:
    "I'll be bringing my Jeep in to the Pro Chrysler Jeep dealer on 104th in Westminster very soon for an oil change and will be glad to strike up a conversation about discounts. Do you think I'll need a FR business card for that? If so, I'l PM you my address or arrange to pick a couple up from someone who lives in Westminster."

He may not have any, though I think I dropped some off with him. We are off of 62nd and Wadsworth, so it wouldn't be too hard to hook up. Also, Sean and I are going to be installing Chris' FJ 60 front fender tubing sometime within the next couple of days, possibly over at Sean's, which is another option.

PM me as to what you want to do. I just grabbed a bunch when I wa at Chris' the other day. And yes, it is nice to start out with a card.

Thanks!

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Jackie lives a few blocks from Sean so we can make this easy Pete. Any word on when Sean wants to do the tube? Barb's talking about heading out for a bit before going back to work.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    2008 Jeep Rubicon
    User Name
    Jackie
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Thanks Given

My oil change isn't due for another 900 miles or so, so I'm not in a rush to get them, but next time you're planning to be at Seans, let me know and I'll stop by there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast