Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: 2010 Anniversary Run Giveaway Thread

scout man previously posted:
    "they are pretty much universal rob. All it does is mount on the axle somewhere with one end, then there is a bracket that clamps to the tie rod wherever in need to go. These are made to be universal. I dont have many of the actual brackets, if any, but if you already have a stabilizer chances are you can just switch in one of my cylinders and you will be good to go. If you dont win one on the anniversary run, I have more for sale as well."

Easy enough to build the brackets you need and I think I have the ones from the stabilizer I took off mine that you are welcome to. I'll see if I can find them. It consists of one weld on frame/axle bracket and one that clamps to the tie rod. I'll PM you if I find them. I know I didn't toss them as I hardly throw anything steel out...and, as Steve mentioned, they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock.

Khal (A Trac) just dropped off a couple of 2" lift shock spacers that will fit on an FJ (or probably any newer 4Runner/Land Cruiser) front end plus a slightly used Coleman electric cooler for the giveaway....Thanks Khal!

I may need someone with some room to help me get stuff to the giveaway........

Last Online
    February 28th, 2018
    4x4
    95' Bronco
    User Name
    Fordguy77
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Thanks Given

Brody previously posted:
    "they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock."

Yeah, its important to set it up so you can turn lock to lock, haha the guy i bought the 77 from installed one( wrong, and you could barely turn left at all) and told me that it messed up the steering linkage, so i used it as a haggling point and fixed that day when i got home!

Last Online
    December 19th, 2020
    4x4
    2008 FJ Cruiser/1982 FJ40
    User Name
    Rob
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

scout man previously posted:
    "they are pretty much universal rob. All it does is mount on the axle somewhere with one end, then there is a bracket that clamps to the tie rod wherever in need to go. These are made to be universal. I dont have many of the actual brackets, if any, but if you already have a stabilizer chances are you can just switch in one of my cylinders and you will be good to go. If you dont win one on the anniversary run, I have more for sale as well."

The 40 does have one already. It's just in really sad shape. And I figure it's something I can do before I replace the tie rod, relay rod and drag link. That's getting into some bucks.

Brody previously posted:
    " Easy enough to build the brackets you need and I think I have the ones from the stabilizer I took off mine that you are welcome to. I'll see if I can find them. It consists of one weld on frame/axle bracket and one that clamps to the tie rod. I'll PM you if I find them. I know I didn't toss them as I hardly throw anything steel out...and, as Steve mentioned, they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock.

I may need someone with some room to help me get stuff to the giveaway........"

Thanks, Pete. You'd know better than I whether I can buy a stabilizer (or win one [go me!]) from Steve and just bolt it on or whether I'd need those brackets of yours.

And I can swing by your house on the way to the run and haul a few things down.

Last Online
    3 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Brody previously posted:
    "I may need someone with some room to help me get stuff to the giveaway........"

I can help too Pete, just let me know.

Last Online
    January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    1988 Toyota Landcruiser (FJ62)
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Probably gonna get a tent to throw in for this raffle.

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

I don't have much in my garage like some here but I have stock FJC rear springs...is there another application for those springs where maybe someone would want them?

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Pathrat previously posted:
    "I don't have much in my garage like some here but I have stock FJC rear springs...is there another application for those springs where maybe someone would want them?"

Hey Stephanie

Someone has figured something out what to do with the stock FJ springs. I now have a set sitting at my house, too, so if you want to add yours to that to get it out of the garage, please do so. I wouldn't necessarily bring them to the giveaway. I am in the process of trying to find out what people are using these for...Khal dropped his off the other day as I am working on building a rear stroage compartment for him. He had a bunch of stuff he didn't know what to do with, so I said I would get it to a good home.....

Last Online
    3 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123