Thread: Front Range Trail Run Reports

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Front Range Trail Run Reports

I don't if anyone else has noticed this, but Front Range trail run reports are some of the better reports out there. We have the most pictures and the biggest response of any of the other sites I can find.

Whenever someone is talking about running this trail or that trail, I usually get on the internet and start looking for current conditions or trail reports. Colorado 4x4 has some decent ones most of the time, but a lot of the time no one bothers to do anything more than organize a run and there are no after run reports or pictures.

I have been visiting the COTTORA site on and off, especially to see if anyone posted pictures or reports from this last weekend's Yankee Hill run. Nada....nor do they even have a 'trail run report' section that I can find. This happens to be the case on quite a few other forums, too...a section to organize a run, but nowhere is there a section to report what the run was like.

This is one of the reasons I like this forum. The people here really enjoy the outdoors and the wheeling and are very enthusiastic about the sport. It shows. What is also noticable here is the number of people who volunteer to help someone with a project or offer parts or the loan of tools...whether they know the other person or not...

A good group of folks here, for sure.

Default Re: Front Range Trail Run Reports

I agree. This reminded me to get registered on CO 4x4 so I can check out their reports and such.

Seems I can't register for a free account because I have a free email account (gmail). So much for that!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

You don't have to register on there to view the reports, only if you want to post something. This is true for most of the forums, including ours.

On Colorado 4x4 just go right to the 'Trail Talk' section, then 'Trail Reports'.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

Yeah CO4x4 is lame like that.

I still need to find a way to get a filter on the front of my video camera because I would like to mount it outside. On the fender or roof or something cool for a different angle.

Oh thanks guys. Just assumed I'd have to register in order to see photos and to search. nope!

I love it here even though I don't have a true 4x4 (usually doesn't stop me anyways ). I agree with how many pics and videos our reports contain, especially if we have a larger group out. Good stuff!

Last Online
    July 25th, 2013
    4x4
    1989 Toyota Pick-up
    User Name
    CR
    Real Name
    C.R. Athey
    Thanks Given

Brody previously posted:
    "A good group of folks here, for sure"

Amen!

Last Online
    June 4th, 2014
    4x4
    1994 f150
    User Name
    brian pleasant
    Real Name
    brian pleasant
    Thanks Given

good stuff!! even thought i missed out with yall and i still enjoy looking at photos and videos and remind me now much i missed doing the wheeling lol

Thanks for this Pete! This is definitely the best forum I've ever been on. Best group of people I've never met, with a few exceptions :-D

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Hey...thank Chris, not me. I am just another dude on the forum, he put the whole thing together....

Brody previously posted:
    "Hey...thank Chris, not me. I am just another dude on the forum, he put the whole thing together...."

You acknowledged it though. THANKS CHRIS!!!!!!!!

Last Online
    February 29th, 2016
    4x4
    1985 4Runner
    User Name
    4Runninfun
    Real Name
    Jon
    Thanks Given

SubaCool previously posted:
    " I love it here even though I don't have a true 4x4 (usually doesn't stop me anyways ). I agree with how many pics and videos our reports contain, especially if we have a larger group out. Good stuff! "

Shhh don't tell your roo that!

I hadn't noticed that we were doing that much better in the trip reports, but thats great. I know for me, a trip report without pics is point less after all what do people really wanna see? combine that with my interest in photography. also another thing i REALLY hate about other forums trip reports are the ones that make you click on a link for every single picture. that gets so old that i don't even bother with those anymore.

Just another reason i will continue to be active with this forum after i move.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Yeah, our trip reports are among some of the best, simply because we actually report them, have a lot of pictures and have 2-3 people who actually know enough about English to write a decent report. Sometimes two or three people add to the initial report too, which gives someone looking for information on that trail a pretty good idea what they are going to run into. Another thing that is really good is that we have a wide array of different rigs, so it isn't like going onto a Jeep (or traildamage, for instance) site where you just see the exact same make of rigs doing the same obstacle. Anyone who goes through our trail reports sees many different rigs with varying degrees of modifications doing obstacles.

Not to diss traildamage too much, but one does get a little tired of wading through 30 shots of Jeeps airing down before you can get to the real pictures. We usually only have a couple and these are more to show who and how many people showed up. They also don't do a lot of runs in the winter time, so getting an idea of what trail conditions are like on a trail in winter conditions is a bit hard. On the plus side for traildamage, they are also one of the first group of folks out on trails when they open, so the dates when the trails have been run are a very good indicator of when the trails open.