4x4
    07 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    BLUE THUNDER
    Real Name
    Joe
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Stockers w/o Lockers

Hey, I think I pass some of you guys going up 285. I went and did Wheeler lake and Mosquito pass

BLUE THUNDER previously posted:
    "Hey, I think I pass some of you guys going up 285. I went and did Wheeler lake and Mosquito pass"

Yeah, we definetly saw you and another FJ go by. Thought you might have been coming on our trip, but saw you drive past so figured you had your own plans. Have a good time?

JH

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

BlackRubi previously posted:
    "Seriously - how the heck did you catch us?"

Nice to meet Ashley & Hanna, Kyle. I was really surprised to see you guys on I-70 as we approached home. How's your body feeling today, you did an awful lot of pushing and rock moving and thanks are in line for all of that!

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Despite the time this run took I had a great time myself. I'd never done Red Cone and loved it and will be going back soon and taking Barb next time. This is exactly the kind of trail she loves. Not particularly challenging but with fantastic views.

It was nice meeting some new people and connecting faces to usernames. Of course the late return home wasn't expected and I hope nobody thinks this was in any way a "typical" run. It does exemplify the "expect the unexpected" aspect of any run.

Thanks to everyone for a good time and I hope to see you on another, less eventful, run!

BLUE THUNDER previously posted:
    "Hey, I think I pass some of you guys going up 285. I went and did Wheeler lake and Mosquito pass"

yep you passed all of us and i waved at you, i have the green topper on my rig now, did ya have fun?

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

We need pics! I didn't get much but here's my vanity shot.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

I have some video. Too many clouds when we got to the top for any good photos from the top. And I figured I should leave my camera and tripod in the truck with the lightning that we were seeing.

it was fun yesterdayminus the fire in my truck (sorry if i got little emotianable). i was i running tailgunner all day. and when i put the new tranny mount in they looked identacle but i guesse its off by 1/4 inch in height and made my front drive shaft knukle was rubbing on my crossmember. thanks for the hand everyone in the qiuk fix. my truck did really good and made it around the tight switch backs in 1 and 2 points turns. the one points i was really side ways. i was nice meeting new people and seeing old friends. we got home and fixed his patroit. we put the body panel back on and straighted his exhausts back out. ill let yall know if he comes to work tonight(if not dead) here are some pics

more pics. ireally could not get more of the others cause i was in back. the second pic shows armondo being pulled up the hill by randy.

Agreed......lets let the dead horse lie or what not....

Now onto more fun stuff. I got the few pictures I took doctored up and am here to share them with you.

The spot where I turned around to come see what people were up to down the trail...

Part way up Red Cone, after getting up above treeline.

Looking down at the bottom half of the group. We were in contact with the rest of the group via CB at this point, and Randy finally found a place to put a hook on Armando's Patriot. Wanted to get the first half up the trail, so that the group getting the Patriot up the steep hill below wouldn't have to stop at all.

Lots of pics looking up at the first downhill come down Red Cone

JH

Last Online
    December 3rd, 2023
    4x4
    1990 Cherokee
    User Name
    Hypoid
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

Nice pics, keep-em coming!

A few more Red Cone pics..

This one kind of looks like a "stock" Jeep Photo you would see in a magazine....

Brutus, after Randy scared everyone at the bottom of the hill, after just letting his clutch go at the steepest part...

Proof that the Patriot made it down the steep hill in one piece. We are pretty sure its the only Patriot to ever be up there, and that Armando should send these pics into Jeep to get a "trail rate" decal for it.

My favorite pick of the day, contrasting colors, ominous looking clouds, a cool rover coming down, what more could you ask for?

Another cool shot, with Roland having made it down safely, Chris on his way down, and everyone talking about how scary but cool it was (except for Roland, who played it cool and said "that was fun 10 years ago".

Despite the drama, I think pretty much everyone had a good time, and had a good attitude. Learned some lessons, had an adventure, a few scary moments, but overall had a good day.

JH

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

A few pics

Brody previously posted:
    "It would be like taking a Subbi Outback up and over the pass...street tires, no low range, maybe a bigger engine...but the same scenario..."

What are you implying here?

I guess I'm kinda glad that we didn't join you guys, since you've only done Red Cone. I've never been there but I wasn't planning on doing Red Cone anyways, just because of the trail ratings (although, to be 'cocky', I think if a Patriot was able to do it we wouldn't had as many/any problems :lol. I was hoping to do Webster and Georgia, since those looked more suitable for "Stockers without Lockers" Maybe we can do a "SwL" 2.5 soon? We would really like to get together and meet you guys/gals

We went up to Loch Lomond on Friday - what a beautiful area up there. We had no problems, I'll post a separate report with pics soon.

So, did Smash get his "cherry popped"? I haven't heard from him yet - is he too busy cleaning his undies?

Btw, just saw the pics - so where are the hard parts?

Haku previously posted:
    "A few more Red Cone pics..

This one kind of looks like a "stock" Jeep Photo you would see in a magazine....

Brutus, after Randy scared everyone at the bottom of the hill, after just letting his clutch go at the steepest part...

Proof that the Patriot made it down the steep hill in one piece. We are pretty sure its the only Patriot to ever be up there, and that Armando should send these pics into Jeep to get a "trail rate" decal for it.

My favorite pick of the day, contrasting colors, ominous looking clouds, a cool rover coming down, what more could you ask for?
    who played it cool and said "that was fun 10 years ago".

Despite the drama, I think pretty much everyone had a good time, and had a good attitude. Learned some lessons, had an adventure, a few scary moments, but overall had a good day.

JH"

last time i did it was in a Cj5 with the ruts now all smoothed out it was really really really fun. the low gearing in my truck i never touched my brakes coming down. BIG difference between my burb and that old jeep.
    i wanna do it again .

SubaCool previously posted:
    "What are you implying here?

I guess I'm kinda glad that we didn't join you guys, since you've only done Red Cone. I've never been there but I wasn't planning on doing Red Cone anyways, just because of the trail ratings (although, to be 'cocky', I think if a Patriot was able to do it we wouldn't had as many/any problems :lol. I was hoping to do Webster and Georgia, since those looked more suitable for "Stockers without Lockers" Maybe we can do a "SwL" 2.5 soon? We would really like to get together and meet you guys/gals

We went up to Loch Lomond on Friday - what a beautiful area up there. We had no problems, I'll post a separate report with pics soon.

So, did Smash get his "cherry popped"? I haven't heard from him yet - is he too busy cleaning his undies?

Btw, just saw the pics - so where are the hard parts?"

they rode in tha back of my burb for a while and we were side ways and they could almost touch the ground . Smash and Karla had a blast

here is one pano. it is ok but when i get a tripod it will be better.

if anynone wants a copy let me know ill mail it to ya.

DEEZLPWR previously posted:
    "here is one pano. it is ok but when i get a tripod it will be better.

if anynone wants a copy let me know ill mail it to ya."

Send me the pics you used to create it and I'll see if I can make the colors look a bit more uniform for ya. Cool pic though, complete with Steve looking cold.

JH

Last Online
    December 3rd, 2023
    4x4
    1990 Cherokee
    User Name
    Hypoid
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

cowboyjarman previously posted:
    "Proof that the Patriot made it down the steep hill in one piece. We are pretty sure its the only Patriot to ever be up there, and that Armando should send these pics into Jeep to get a "trail rate" decal for it.
    "

BAHH!!! He needs to get one of these stickers:

Available here: http://www.luvmyjp.com/trail-driven-sticker/

i know someone has a pic or vid of me coming down redcone not at the bottom i would like to see what freaked people out...lol i was in complete control....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast