Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello everybody! I'm not what you'd call a 4x4 owner, but I do take our family AWD Outback to places normal people wouldn't I don't let our 'handicap' slow us down. Subarus are capable and willing, it just takes a while My family likes to spend time together, and we have a great time driving through the country, whether it is on or off the pavement. Lots of people don't realize, but the Outbacks have almost 10inch clearance to the diffs, so they clear quite well over the rough stuff. Ours is mostly stock, but it has a few mild modifications. It sports 3/16in skidplates from Primitive Racing (front and rear), and Yokohama Geolandar ATS' tires, and a rear swaybar delete. Planned upgrades are either a 1" or 2" lift (as soon as I can talk my wife into it, it's her DD). I'm also on few other forums, but am a big fan of www.offroadsubarus.com I'm farely new to offroading, but as all the other motor-activities, it's highly addictive. Especially here in Colorado; it's such a beautiful state to explore!
    Btw, check out http://www.youtube.com/SubaCoolAWD for our most recent outings (Pole Hill on 6-21-09, Central City area two days ago).
    Next time you're at a trail and you see us, stop and say hi

Default Re: Hello

Welcome

welcome man!

welcome i think you just might be the first and only subaru but i have seen them in some interesting places with some very talented drivers you can do just as much as the other factory 4x4s

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Welcome to Front Range SubaCool, you'll have to come on a run and show us what you can do. IIRC there are a few people here that can share some interesting Subaru trail stories.

:welcome:

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

Very cool, I would like to see you out wheeling in that.

:welcome:

I got nothing....

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

SCRubicon previously posted:
    "I got nothing...."

I call BS.....:lol:

Welcome, I have respect for the suby. but I have been out wheeling withthem before

hello cool vid

Funrover previously posted:
    "I call BS.....:lol:

Welcome, I have respect for the suby. but I have been out wheeling withthem before"

I'm buying that moped. Then, I'm going to join the H.arley O.wners G.roup...

"I'm buying that moped. Then, I'm going to join the H.arley O.wners G.roup..."

We do with what we got. I know we can't go over everything you guys can, and I'm not looking into extreme offroading, but to get to a remote camping spot, to get us in and out of trouble, or to just have plain old fun, our Outback is more than enough.
    This website's banner says "All Makes and Models | All Levels of Experience" and according to the main page, everybody is welcome. Laugh all you want, but we're just having fun!

And thanks everybody for your welcomes. I just wanted to show what we do, since we see lots of folks on trails giving us weird looks. So, if you see us on a trail, we're not lost If anybody ever feels like doing some easy to mild trails, let me know, we just might bring some friends and make it a fun day!

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Nobody's laughing, "All Makes and Models | All Levels of Experience" is not just a catch phrase. Check out the Tourareg's here, some folks thought they were mall cruisers until they showed their stuff on a few runs.

There are plenty of trucks here that can do extreme stuff and plenty that can do much more than I can but that's not an issue. We're all just here to have fun and wheel regardless of our capabilities or trail interests.

Last Online
    April 5th, 2024
    4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

Welcome to the group suba. Not sure what has gotten under some of these guys but you should be very welcome here. We do trails for all levels and there are plenty of folks here who just want to get off the beaten path...

If you don't see a trail scheduled that you can do, schedule one. You'll have people go with you. I have a Jeep but like to do easy trails as well as my family goes with me every time. I can't be scaring them every week

Again, welcome and I'm sure you will have fun with this group!

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

"I got nothing...."

Funrover previously posted:
    "I call BS.....:lol:

Welcome, I have respect for the suby. but I have been out wheeling withthem before"

SCRubicon & Funrover; Did you get lost?

You're on Front Range, not CO4x4. :tsk:

I absolutely love my Subaru WRX and know the feeling that Subaru's give you for sure. Back when I had a Cherokee (a 1990 model year) I remember getting to the top of a trail where i had a few issues with clearance stuff, only to find a Subaru Outback there already. They are more capable then people give them credit for.

I've taken my Rex on a few offroad trails. The main one was the Shrine Pass trail, from the top of Vail Pass down into Redcliff. It did really well, but thats a very tame trail. Its making me get tempted to bring it on the "stockers without lockers" trail run for sure. Might have to put my old springs back on though, as there are lowering ones on now. We'll see though. Good to have you here and we'll definitely see you out the on trails.

JH

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Chris previously posted:
    "SCRubicon & Funrover; Did you get lost?

You're on Front Range, not CO4x4. :tsk:"

I was calling BS on Steve.. not the Suby..LOL... Goes back to when Jon and I took his Suby out wheeling!

This was such a fun day on China Wall ----> http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=91612

I race with the SCCA and am all about pushing my cars to the limit. I don't want to break them though. Whenever we go on a trail we always say "there's always a way back out". Ultimately, my wife is the one that "holds me back" from going nuts (I know the Subie can do a lot more, but it's her DD ). Eventualy, I'll be buying a dedicated 4x4 for the crazy stuff, but for now, I love the fact that our Subaru allows us to explore off of the easy stuff. And living in Colorado makes for some great exploring. We don't usually plan very far ahead so putting stuff on the calendar might not be early enough, but I can try

Last Online
    May 13th, 2015
    4x4
    1990 K5 Blazer
    User Name
    ShutUpHippie
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

Welcome! Nice to see a Subaru make it to the board. Hope to see you on a trail sometime. :drive:

Last Online
    December 31st, 2023
    4x4
    Tacoma
    User Name
    dr350jja
    Real Name
    Jim
    Thanks Given

Thumbs up Re: Hello

Welcome to you. That's a nice vid you posted. Looks like the Outback can handle the terrain OK.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.