Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: fender trimming..again

Default fender trimming..again

Well since i trimmed my fenders(the 1st time) and recently been wheeling to my rigs limits, I found that a bit more trimming was in order..Tires were catching very front on full stuff w/wheels cranked either way..been having to pull my fenders out with my hand after each trip lately...heres how she came out!..nice and clean if ya ask me! Fender trim is edge capping i had in garage..cleaned it up nicely.
    (sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in..but "general" looked about right for sharing "what i did to my rig today"

Default Re: fender trimming..again

Last Online
    6 Days Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Looks good, I'll find out tomorrow if I need to do some trimming myself.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Looks nice and clean.

Nice looking rig, too, BTW.

Say, would you mind posting some shots of your both your bumpers and your rock rails for karolinakid? And also if they are custom or where you got them. He could use some good ideas for his XJ and these look clean, simple, stout and effective. Thanks!

Turned out good, where did you get the trimming?

1freaky1 previously posted:
    "Turned out good, where did you get the trimming?"

was just a bag of lawn edge capping...was in garden section outside at home depot

Brody previously posted:
    "Looks nice and clean.

Nice looking rig, too, BTW.

Say, would you mind posting some shots of your both your bumpers and your rock rails for karolinakid? And also if they are custom or where you got them. He could use some good ideas for his XJ and these look clean, simple, stout and effective. Thanks!"

Not a problem...Font bumper is Stage 3 and rear bumper is Stage 2 from JCROFFROAD.COM ..Rock sSliders are from Ohan Fab (local guy in Thornton builds them outa' his garage...Basically JCR stage 2 sliders replicas http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJS All 3 have yet to fail me..and they have been used very well!

I like the look but I am suprised that you don't go with the aftermarket fenders that I have seen on a jeep in manitou springs. they are kind of like the toyota racing fenders and are much taller and wider...... What you did is great though.

scoutfam previously posted:
    "I like the look but I am suprised that you don't go with the aftermarket fenders that I have seen on a jeep in manitou springs. they are kind of like the toyota racing fenders and are much taller and wider...... What you did is great though."

Think you may be talking about Bushwacker flares?..They do look awesome but I cant see spending 400$ on them when I have 99% chance of smash'n them on rocks or trees....I did think about it though..Just better for appearance then standing up for a hard days wheeln..

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Yep... I have a little trimming yet to do.. you bored? LOL.. Lines look clean, good job

The303Hooligan previously posted:
    "Think you may be talking about Bushwacker flares?..They do look awesome but I cant see spending 400$ on them when I have 99% chance of smash'n them on rocks or trees....I did think about it though..Just better for appearance then standing up for a hard days wheeln.."

I am frequently motivated by the same mind set. My father used to call it an Italian affliction called "mafundsalow"

My dilemma exactly. I'll be putting my $400 towards new t-case gears or a selectable locker

"Think you may be talking about Bushwacker flares?..They do look awesome but I cant see spending 400$ on them when I have 99% chance of smash'n them on rocks or trees....I did think about it though..Just better for appearance then standing up for a hard days wheeln.."

Funrover previously posted:
    "Yep... I have a little trimming yet to do.. you bored? LOL.. Lines look clean, good job"

Im always looking for reasons to pick up the angle grinder :clap: ..so if you want help, lemme know!

I have Rustys flare fenders. Lots of clearance.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

For my Yota, I was considering Bushwacker flares until I priced the fiberglass replacements. I ended up spending $425 for front flared fenders AND hood and about the same for the rear side panels. NO CONTEST there...Igot mine from Hannemann Fiberglass, whom I will never ever deal with again, nor will I ever suggest anyone else deal with them. Their customer service is horrible and I only ended getting information on my order when I threatened to cancell my credit card $$ and to call my lawyer, both in the same sentence. Bunch of jerks..

Instead, try Glassworks Unlimited, who sells fiberglass fenders, etc for damn near anything that has wheels.

Here is that link:

http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/