Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: A Good Laugh

Thumbs up A Good Laugh

A wealthy old gentleman decides to go on a hunting safari in Africa, taking his faithful, elderly German Shepherd along for the trip.

One day the old German Shepherd starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he’s lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old German Shepherd thinks, “Oh, oh! I’m in a mess now!” Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old German Shepherd exclaims loudly, “Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?”

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. “Whew!” says the leopard, “That was close! That old German Shepherd nearly had me!”

Meanwhile a monkey, who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes, but the old German Shepherd sees him heading after the leopard with great speed and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, “Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what’s going to happen to that conniving canine!”

Now, the old German Shepherd sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, “What am I going to do now?”, but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn’t seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old German Shepherd says…
    “Where’s that monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!”

Moral of this story

Don’t mess with the old dogs… age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience.

Of course, I am in no way insinuating that any of you are old, some are just more ‘youthfully challenged.’

You did notice the size of the print?

Default Re: A Good Laugh

:lol:
    Great post!!!!

Hahaha, Thats a fantastic post my friend!

Haha very funny.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

1freaky1 previously posted:
    "Don’t mess with the old dogs… age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience.

Of course, I am in no way insinuating that any of you are old, some are just more ‘youthfully challenged.’"

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I'll take "youthfully challenged" over youth any day. I wouldn't want to relive all the mistakes inherent with being young & foolish.

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

The print size was too small!!! :lol:

Good post!

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

HAHAHAHA Great one!

I am with you on that Chris I defintely don't want to relive any of those mistakes at all!

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

The girl at Target had to ask me my age when buying a six pack of light 3.2 Saturday afternoon beer and informed me we shared the same birthdate, although she was born 21 years before me! Then she asked if I would relive those days (after I told her, 'so, I had just graduated high school when you were born'). I told her NOPE. There are some things I just don't want to do again. Do over differently maybe, but otherwise, no way.