Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: NU B from Louisville

Default NU B from Louisville

Hi, my friends know me as KB (Ken Beach). I am yet another Sammy owner. Seems like a few of my buds have recently signed up.
    I used to build Bicycles for many years and still have the shop and will dabble every now and then. Before my bike building days I built VW based rails, buggy's, Baja Bugs and drag cars, now I have come full circle and am building my Sammy and selling some aftermarket parts for them too.

My main forums are Zuk based Zukikrawler and Zuwharrie.

List of upgrades can be found in my signiture and website on Geckocycles.com

Until the last month or so I was wheeling about 20 hr/wk on the trail plus DD this rig too. Been doing lots of upgrades to the Sammy.

I bought this about a year and a half ago for $2000. It was a retired folks tow vehicle with few miles on it.

Then I started putting mods on.

Now it rarely gets a bath and is getting banged up.

Favorite trails are Chinaman Gulch, Holly Cross, Left Hand and Firemans. Used to be Boulder Carnage until they closed it.

Default Re: NU B from Louisville

You actually met a few of us on Boulder Carnage awhile back.

Welcome!

Here is a Zuk M&G we had at China Wall. Pretty easy trail but a good place for a large group.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Nice intro KB! It looks like Sammy's are catching up to the Jeeps, Rovers and Yotas here. The more I see them the more I like them, looking forward to wheeling with some of you before too long. I'm driving a truck better than twice your weight

Pardon my letting this slip but nice to have another 'mature' guy here - we're not alone Pete!

:welcome:

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Gecko Cycles previously posted:
    "Here is a Zuk M&G we had at China Wall. Pretty easy trail but a good place for a large group."

Should have mentioned we have our 1st Anniversary Run on China Wall this Saturday. Chose it for the reason you mention as well as the ability for stockers to run it.

Hope you can join us!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Holy Zukis! We have someone else past the half century mark! Hot damn...am I excited...Now we just have to get someone older than Chris so that Chis doesn't have to bear the brunt of the 'old guy' stuff!

Anyway...pardon me getting carried away there...welcome to the site! Those Sammis make for some sweet wheelers. Good to have another one on the site and we hope to meet up with you soon.

Please feel free to add to the Zuki section as far as links to information sites and anything else Zuki related. You may also feel free to take a dig at me for my spelling for this link...you won't be the first and Chris has never fixed it. I think he gets a laugh whenever someone goes'Hey Brody, you spelled Suzuki wrong'...

Chris previously posted:
    "Should have mentioned we have our 1st Anniversary Run on China Wall this Saturday. Chose it for the reason you mention as well as the ability for stockers to run it.

Hope you can join us! "

I know Haku is building for that trip. I told him he will be fine as it is. I saw a Honda Civic up there and did the loop. Had to get a tow up one hill climb spot but he made it.

I may go but not sure at this point. I may go and hit Chinaman Gulch Sun. I have a friend who lives up in Fariplay that I can stay with.

Jimmy previously posted:
    "You actually met a few of us on Boulder Carnage awhile back.

Welcome!"

I'm sure I did. Were you with that group of about 6 RR when it was all iced up?
    That was a fun day.

"I'm sure I did. Were you with that group of about 6 RR when it was all iced up?
    That was a fun day."

:lol: Yep, that was an icy day indeed! Didn't have that many Land Rovers in our group (just 2, and a bunch of Toyotas - had to refresh my memory using this thread: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=116504) - sounds from your trip description there was another group full of Rovers there that day.

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Welcome!

welcome to the site . i drive the complete opposite of a sammy but always wanted to wheel along side one and see the different lines we would take. nice rig you have and looking forward to wheel with yu one day.

Ken Who?

billsbar previously posted:
    "Ken Who?"

Well on your way to the padders union.

cowboyjarman previously posted:
    "welcome to the site . i drive the complete opposite of a sammy but always wanted to wheel along side one and see the different lines we would take. nice rig you have and looking forward to wheel with yu one day."

I know my line doesn't involve a line at the pump! :lol:

"I know my line doesn't involve a line at the pump! :lol:"

hahahahaha i have no come back

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.