4x4
    94 Ranger 4x4
    User Name
    Warrlord
    Real Name
    Larry
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Hayman Fire area upda

Thanks for that link Pete. I miss the Hackett/Longwater trails. I signed up two years ago help out but was never notified. I'd sure like to help out on the cleanup & trail prep. I better sign up again.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: Hayman Fire area

LaDawn and I have been on the list for the last 3-4 years and despite numerous calls, emails, letters, and resigning up every year, we have never been notified in any way, shape or form that anyone is interested in adding a couple more ready and willing volunteers to the trail work force. They have had every form of contact information that we could provide them, too.

All I can assume from this is that they have plenty of people to work and could really give a rat's ass about having any more. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you as you will also never be contacted.

There is also supposed to be a sign up sheet posted at many shops including High Country Performance. High Country has said that, although people have registered to work on the 'required' sign up sheet, no one has ever contacted High Country about picking it up to get the volunteer information. No one has ever reponded to High Country's calls to Predator4x4 and I know my calls to Predator 4x4 were never answered.

We are very unimpressed with this response from Predator 4x to tell you the truth...Pretty worthless bunch of clowns in my book...without asking me, surprise, surprise...

Last Online
    November 12th, 2012
    4x4
    94 Ranger 4x4
    User Name
    Warrlord
    Real Name
    Larry
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Hayman Fire area

Brody previously posted:
    "We are very unimpressed with this response from Predator 4x to tell you the truth"

That's the impression I'm getting about it. I thought it was just me feeling that way. I used to run those trails alot & if reopened, I'd run 'em again so I'd like to be involved in some way if I'm going to benefit from using that trail system again.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Same with us. I used to use those trails to approach a lot of the rock climbs on that side of the river, so repairing the trails is double ended for me. I have actually been registered to volunteer longer than I thought, as I registered as soon as repair work was being talked about as early as 2003.

Again...never any calls or contacts and, like I said, even the guys at High Country who get behind this kind of thing, are disappointed in the response from Predator.

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Not meaning to be mean..... seems like if you are not part of their clique you can't get in IMO

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Too, too bad, I guess. I have never been or wanted to be part of anyone's 'cliche'...ever... They can just KMA if ya know what I mean....

If you don't have a JEEP don't even ask and if you aren't one of the chosen ones don't even try. I have been dealing with these guys over 10 yrs. and they are difficult at best. When I built my brother in laws CJ-7 a few years ago I called them first and gave them a run down of what I wanted. They hemmed and hawed and said that would be pretty expensive and my reply was cost was NOT a consideration but the final product was and I was on a short timeline and needed to get it done, their response was to try and talk me out of it. Needless to say I was stunned since I was going to drop some major coin and I did not have time to get it all done myself so I was willing to pay someone else to get it handled. Long story short I took it to 4wheel parts in the Springs cause I know some of the guys that work there. Spent over 12 grand and they got it done on time with no problems. Guess predator didn't like the color of my cash so the big chain store got my business.

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

mattscout previously posted:
    "If you don't have a JEEP don't even ask and if you aren't one of the chosen ones don't even try. I have been dealing with these guys over 10 yrs. and they are difficult at best. When I built my brother in laws CJ-7 a few years ago I called them first and gave them a run down of what I wanted. They hemmed and hawed and said that would be pretty expensive and my reply was cost was NOT a consideration but the final product was and I was on a short timeline and needed to get it done, their response was to try and talk me out of it. Needless to say I was stunned since I was going to drop some major coin and I did not have time to get it all done myself so I was willing to pay someone else to get it handled. Long story short I took it to 4wheel parts in the Springs cause I know some of the guys that work there. Spent over 12 grand and they got it done on time with no problems. Guess predator didn't like the color of my cash so the big chain store got my business."

Sadly true, every time I mention what I drive they turn their heads or look down their nose at me like I am some annoyance they have to deal with. There is only one guy there I will even talk to now because of the disrespect shown by so many others.