4x4
    Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Let’s update this website a little

First off I would like to thank you for caring enough to bring up the subject and try to instill change. You are one of the most active members and I enjoy your trail reports. This latest statement almost feels like you are trying to say I should have no say. Seems interesting that you would try to now silence my voice because I haven't been active on the trail lately. Could it be because I have a different voice and you want to silence opposition? I have been a member here a long time and I used to be the one like you out every single weekend. I have contributed financially, helping people with their rigs and advice on general wheeling stuff. I would say I agree with you on most of what you are proposing. The issue I have is limiting people to what they can have for their albums. Can header at top be adjusted to allow people to have other types of pictures in their albums? Could we have a dedicated name for albums we want to allow on the header? Would that allow the header to only display those while allowing people freedom to have non wheeling albums also? I think we have both been pretty clear about what we would like to see for change so I am done but I am more curious how others feel. This is a large group and the decisions should be by what the majority wants. I would like to hear from others to help Jim decide a path forward.

Cesare Pavese

Last Online
    37 Minutes Ago
    4x4
    1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
    User Name
    Jim
    Real Name
    Jim Williamson
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,038 Times in 2,019 Posts

Rotating photos: I believe James hit several items. Essentially the photos gallery is stagnant. Folks should upload pictures to the system to have a wider pool of photos to be pulled from.

Undesired photos: This would be a discussion. Matt wishes to keep it current 4x4 related while Cliff's perspective is wider with spice-of-life membership variety.

Limiting to current photos: A maintenance item beyond what I'm interested in tending. As-is, if that were put into effect with the current photo set, we might just turn the function off as scant few photos are current (rough seat of the pants thoughts). This gets back to the first item in the post - getting fresh photos posted. I hold this as second place to, in general, getting members involved. We have many new sign-ups but they don't (often) log in and participate. Getting activity for runs is more important.

Matt - I'm looking at a mod account that will allow you to tend what you're considering. There'd be discussion as to what would be acted upon.

3. The Following Member Says Thanks to Jim For This Post:

xaza (June 26th, 2022)

Last Online
    3 Days Ago
    4x4
    90 Wrangler
    User Name
    ForumAdmin
    Real Name
    Jim
    Thanks Given

This has come up a couple times in the thread.

I wish to reinforce - financial donations to the forum have ZERO influence of one member to another with the group. We are equal with each other as members.
    Administrator
    Front Range 4x4
    www.FrontRange4x4.com

5. The Following 2 Members Say Thanks to ForumAdmin For This Post:

JGRubicon (June 29th, 2022),xaza (June 26th, 2022)

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago
    4x4
    Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

I just went through the process of setting up an album as I have not done that in quite a while. There is a drop down setting for category while setting up album. There are 5 choices. uncategorized, member trucks, trail photos, scenic photos and misc photos. Perhaps this would allow the header at the top to only show "member trucks" category?

Cesare Pavese

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago
    4x4
    '12 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5" lift, 33s, winch
    User Name
    Tom
    Real Name
    Tom
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 939 Posts

i see what Cliff is saying. The same list exists under the Gallery folder.

Jim, I am assuming there is a script that pulls from these folders for the header pics being discussed. I would be willing to look at the script to see how difficult it might be to only pull from trucks, trail photos, and perhaps scenic. We could make the decision which folders once I see the difficulty and if I can make the changes.

Former software engineer but have not done a lot of script related work.

xaza previously posted:
    "I just went through the process of setting up an album as I have not done that in quite a while. There is a drop down setting for category while setting up album. There are 5 choices. uncategorized, member trucks, trail photos, scenic photos and misc photos. Perhaps this header would allow the header at the top to only show "member trucks" category?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12