4x4
    2014 Rubicon
    User Name
    flashboiler
    Real Name
    Andy
    Thanks Given

Default Edellbrock eforce supercharger

Wondering if anyone runs an Edelbrock eforce supercharger in an emmissions county successfully?

I bought a 2014 JKU with the 3.6 and Edelbrock supercharger installed, 37"tires with 5:13 gears. I've never driven a stock 3.6 Jeep to compare but it runs really strong.

My concern is emissions, I've never had to emission the jeep, I bought it from a friend and it was to new to need emissions. But I'm fairly sure this year will require emissions (I live in Boulder CO)

The jeep has a custom tune from Lundstedt automotive in Fort Collins. I've had the jeep 2 years now, early on it threw a CEL, so I took it to Lundstedt and they couldn't get it to pass emissions readiness monitors, put "O2 foolers" on the O2 sensors and said hopefully in time it would pass the emissions readiness monitors. I drove it for quite a while with no CEL until 3 weeks ago, went up Johnny Park and it threw a CEL (P0174 system too lean). I cleared the code and it came right back. Drove off the trail into Estes Park, cleared the code and it hasn't been back.

The jeep has had a permanent code P0125 (insufficient coolant temp for closed loop fuel control) since I've owned it (and yet the ECU clearly sees the correct warmed up temp when running)

I have a choice. Remove the supercharger and go back to stock, or try to get the supercharger to pass all codes (I would 1st put Edelbrock code on the ECU and try to work thru all the codes and readiness monitors)

I'm old, don't really care about the performance from the supercharger (which is pretty awesome) but I hate worrying about emissions. I'm leaning toward pulling the supercharger... I also don't like the electric fan noise on the trail and that it requires premium fuel at about 80 cents more a gallon...

To help me decide, does anyone have a positive experience with the Eforce and emissions?

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago
    4x4
    2014 Rubicon
    User Name
    flashboiler
    Real Name
    Andy
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Edellbrock eforce supercharger

update:
    I got my registration with emissions required. Took it in to Longmont Aircare and it passed. They hooked to the OBDii and didn't dyno it. 37" tires weren't an issue...

So relieved!

3. The Following Member Says Thanks to flashboiler For This Post:

Tom (December 3rd, 2021)

Last Online
    24 Minutes Ago
    4x4
    1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
    User Name
    Jim
    Real Name
    Jim Williamson
    Thanks Given