'76 Bronco
    User Name
    Woodscaper
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

Default Slaughterhouse 7-13

Tuesday July 13th,
    We met up at the trail head/parking lot at 10:30 am. The parking lot/ trail head is much improved with new parking lanes and a more defined parking/staging area. It’s been many years since I’ve run this trail and I was real surprised as to how much the area has changed since the last time I was up here.

TJ Mike and I ran the trail in the counter clockwise direction, making the trail more of a challenge, from what I remember it being. However the long steep downhill creep was more rutted than I’ve ever seen it, not to say it was difficult, just not as I remember it to be (a slow cobblestone downhill decent). Once down the hill I expected some big gnarly mud pits and rutts but all the recent rain didn’t seem to affect the trail much as it was real mellow going.
    It was a really pretty drive as we cruised through the Aspen groves and made our way to the uphill section.
    I kept the trail as conservative as I could up to this point as I was concerned about my “antique tires”, they are the original Goodyear MTR’s and I had no spare. TJMike was a bit more adventurous when the opportunity arose and I was happy to wait for him to shake down his rig. (I really like his tires and may post up asking opinions about new tires soon).
    Mike has a real nicely build going with his TJ and it performed flawlessly, he can elaborate more on that but from my perspective, it was more than capable.
    So on the climb out of the back side of the loop there is 3 lines, I took the middle easiest line, nothing to write about. Mike took the left line which appeared to be the most difficult line, he and his jeep made it look easy with not so much as a wheel spin. We continued to climb out of the back half of the trail when the skies opened up and began to dump rain and small sleet/hail onto us. It as about 12:00-12:30ish at this point and we were getting lightning reports (Thunder) within a couple seconds. We both were running bikini tops so I figured it was best to lead us onward so did not get caught in the trees and stricken down by the powers that be!
    We made it back to the access road and started heading back to the parking area. It didn’t take long for the sun to come out and make the trail ride a very pleasurable Tuesday morning sneak out.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thanks to Woodscaper For This Post:

goSlo (July 16th, 2021),Steve-O (July 18th, 2021),TjMike (July 19th, 2021)

Last Online
    April 24th, 2022
    4x4
    '76 Bronco
    User Name
    Woodscaper
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Slaughterhouse 7-13

A pic, I think!

4. The Following Member Says Thanks to Woodscaper For This Post:

The StRanger (July 19th, 2021)

Last Online
    April 24th, 2022
    4x4
    '76 Bronco
    User Name
    Woodscaper
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

A pic

6. The Following Member Says Thanks to Woodscaper For This Post:

The StRanger (July 19th, 2021)

Last Online
    April 24th, 2022
    4x4
    '76 Bronco
    User Name
    Woodscaper
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

Photos continue to be a PITA!

8. The Following Member Says Thanks to Woodscaper For This Post:

speedkills (July 16th, 2021)

Last Online
    20 Minutes Ago
    4x4
    02 Jeep TJ
    User Name
    TjMike
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

First off I want to thank Justin for going along on the this run and posting this report! I apologize for my laziness in posting.
    As Justin mentioned, we had a great day exploring the area and trying different lines/routes. This was essentially a shake down run for my Jeep and I was excited to see how it would preform. All in all was really happy with the build with just some minor things to adjust once back at the garage. The 4wheel drive linkage needed adjustment as low range kept slipping out of gear and I need to re-bump stop the rear suspension due the upper control arms hit the under side of the tub during full compression.

I know Justin was worried about his tires during the trip but his bronco worked very well. Was fun to watch him lead the way. Even with all the rain and turning the Jeep into a bathtub, was a great trip and look forward to running another trail with Justin. We just need to convince him to dust off his Bronco more often

Last Online
    April 24th, 2022
    4x4
    '76 Bronco
    User Name
    Woodscaper
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

Don’t worry Mike, I’ll be out and about more frequently this season, I’m highly motivated to get out and make some tracks.
    I want to “poll” the group on tire selection but have a few items to do on the rig first. BTW, I like the NITTO’s mike is running, just not sure I want to jump up to 17” rims to run them.
    Once I get off the fence about tire and wheel selection, I’m gonna be playing with all you “Jeep Guys”. 😉