Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

Default Re: OHV Troubles

Paul previously posted:
    "In your first rant you used the words "immature and foolish", making you the only person using insulting language on this thread so far."

I would like to clarify that I was not referring to anyone with my statement but just the whole culture in general. I am not offended, even as a target of intended banning, just disappointed. I am used to this group taking the high road.

Cesare Pavese

Last Online
    February 7th, 2024
    4x4
    97 TJ
    User Name
    Schmitty
    Real Name
    Schmitty
    Thanks Given

Default Re: OHV Troubles

Paul previously posted:
    "Bunce is so trashed and torn up from the rentals that it's not much fun to run those"

I was up there about a month ago when I still had the 4runner and came upon one of the land owners grading his section of the upper portion for drainage reasons, we chatted for a bit about the land-use. He shared with me some important information about the property lines and the legal use of motorized vehicles up there. The SXS is classified as an ATV basically and is illegal to operate on county roads, some sections of Bunce are technically county roads, to which he and several other land owners up there have reported to the Sheriff. Given that particular SXS operation seems to have grown over a few years I'm willing to suggest they're making enough money to bribe their way into that spot.

I'm all for the locals riding their SXS up on trails but, to use Bunce as an example because I also go shooting up there, the questionably legitimate business those fellas are running on national forest land is increasing in impact. I took the new TJ up there for a little shakedown run and it looks more like a SXS track with some loops into the woods (that shouldn't be there) with clear signs of blatant disregard for the natural resource.

I see this as a good example of how to NOT be a member of the off-road community as they (the SXS business) are not only of questionable legitimacy but they're making a bad name for SXS riders.

Paul previously posted:
    "a new bill being signed by Colorado Governor Jared Polis on May 7, 2021. According to the bill, off-highway vehicles are banned on all public streets"

We need to be careful about these bills, there are environmental groups trying to shut down motorized access to most (if not all) trails.

3. The Following 2 Members Say Thanks to Schmitty For This Post:

Java (June 30th, 2021),Tom (June 30th, 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12