Hey everyone, I am starting to gain momentum on contracting out my SAS project and am looking for some feedback regarding the steering system.

I have pretty much made up my mind and mapped out my plans for all other parts of the build when it comes to axles, gears, lockers, suspension, etc. The one thing I am a little uncertain on is what steering system I want to go with, I'm looking at a steering gearbox vs a hydraulic steering system. The guy I'm working with kind of walked me through the pros and cons of each and described the hydraulic steering as being the best option for off road use but a bit "sketchy" when it comes to highway driving.

Now my truck is not a daily driver and for the most part the only time I drive it is to the different trails or a little around town. To get to the trails I need to be able to drive on the freeway but other than that I would prefer it be more durable and better performing for crawling. I am wondering how many of you guys have hydraulic steering systems in your rig and exactly how "sketchy" it is driving on the freeway. The was he described it was you can't "feel" the road and how you are aligned with what way your tires are pointing etc. Is this just something that takes some adjusting to?

appreciate any and all feedback and welcome any additional questions