4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

Default Yankee Hill and Miners Gulch - Sept 12 2020

Fun day with Shawn and Mark today. We all took our time in the lead and tested our rigs some...

Mark has had his RHD Jimny for about a week and did a great job on the trails with no power steering and probably a level up or so on what he wanted to run but he and the Jimny did great! Shawn is fearless and rocked the trail in his JKUR.

We started on the west side of Yankee Hill trail and headed toward Central City. We did go up the hill but Mark decided to ride up with me on this one...

After the hill we drove down Yankee till Miners Gulch. After some chat we decided to go for it and just turn around if we weren’t up for that challenge. And a pretty good challenge it was. The further down in the gulch we got, the rougher it got. Shawn and I drove over most of it and Mark, with his maneuvering was able to get around most of the big stuff.

Man, there was a huge smile on Shawn and Marks face at the end of this run. I have been on an organized run in quite some time and seeing them smile made it awesome.

And of course, many of you know, my wife always goes with me. She struggles with anxiety and that’s much of the reason we left this hobby for a while. She said at the end, we need to do more of these and that was fun! That added one smile to the group!

Some pics. I was out front most of the time so hopefully Shawn and Mark got more...

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thanks to Aaron For This Post:

Brian (September 13th, 2020),coleman07 (September 13th, 2020),goSlo (September 14th, 2020),Mad Maxx (September 13th, 2020),Rocrawlr (September 13th, 2020)

Last Online
    December 17th, 2023
    4x4
    '95 Ford Explorer, '91 Suzuki Jimny
    User Name
    Mad Maxx
    Real Name
    Mark
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Yankee Hill and Miners Gulch - Sept 12 2020

Aaron previously posted:
    "Some pics. I was out front most of the time so hopefully Shawn and Mark got more..."

Whoops. All I got were attempted beauty shots of my new rig. I was a bit excited to have it & be wheeling in it finally

https://imgur.com/a/wsMjtKZ

Thanks again Aaron for the spotting going through Miner's Gulch, and thanks again Sean for posting it. It was great to be up there - very good time.

4. The Following Member Says Thanks to Mad Maxx For This Post:

coleman07 (September 13th, 2020)

Last Online
    December 18th, 2023
    4x4
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    User Name
    coleman07
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

Thanks to Aaron for posting a recap of the trip. Miners Gulch is really a fun way to add some excitement to Yankee Hill. Information about the trail can be found on the TrailsOffroad Website. You can watch a bit of the trail here:

We got fortunate, being the end of the summer, that we didn't have to deal with a creek while plotting our lines through the tougher portions of the trail. Before turning off of Yankee Hill, we got some excellent views of the peaks with the fresh dusting of snow from the recent snow storm. There were patches of snow on the ground at higher altitude but none on the trail.

I am so glad that everyone had a fun time on the trail. This was my first time out for the summer due to COVID and issues I thought I had with the Jeep's transmission. Turned out the Jeep performed well for me in all aspects including another issue with the Sway bar mechanism which seems to have resolved itself and hope that might be $2k I don't have to spend this winter when I lift the Jeep. Looking forward to a few more trips before mid October when I put the Jeep into the garage, remove it's insurance and go to sleep for the long winter.

6. The Following Member Says Thanks to coleman07 For This Post:

Brian (September 13th, 2020)

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago
    4x4
    1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
    User Name
    Jim
    Real Name
    Jim Williamson
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 2,005 Posts

Fun seeing a Jimny!!!

`good to hear y'all enjoyed the day.

Last Online
    December 18th, 2023
    4x4
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    User Name
    coleman07
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

The Jimmy really had the advantage in some of the tricky spots because he didn't have to go over the rock, he just fits between them. He did an awesome job on that trail. As they say, don't read a book by it's cover. I was behind him most of the trip and his maneuvers were fantastic on the trail.