4x4
    Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

Default Autonation Jeep in Littleton

My wife recently took her Ram into Autonation Jeep in Littleton for the 30K service. She came home with a $750+ bill for services. When comparing the owners manual, their website and the bill there were multiple additional services added on. The transfer case was flushed at 27K miles while the owners manual states it should be done at 120K. They charged almost $300 for a fuel injection system cleaning. Service manager stated $195 labor was because the throttle body hat has to be removed to clean throttle body. When I changed air filter later same day there were no marks to show the air hat had been touched. I went in to speak to the service manager when he refused to return my phone call. He lied to me about recommended services and told me the manufacturer is wrong. He negotiated how much extra services I payed for rather than fixing the issue. I will never allow my wife to take her vehicle back here again and would suggest that this place be avoided by anyone.

Cesare Pavese

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thanks to xaza For This Post:

Bob (March 3rd, 2019),Tom (March 3rd, 2019)

Last Online
    July 17th, 2020
    4x4
    2013 Jeep Rubicon JKU
    User Name
    Mobyjeep
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Autonation Jeep in Littleton

My wife and I had similar issue with autonation Jeep DENVER west off of Colfax. STAY AWAY!

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    91 Jeep Cherokee
    User Name
    JandDGreens
    Real Name
    David
    Thanks Given

People like this is why I am always skeptical of any mechanic these days. Sucks the dishonesty of some! It really ruins it for guys who are tryin to make an honest living in this field.

Last Online
    December 6th, 2023
    4x4
    '14 Grand Cherokee, '01 F350
    User Name
    Bob
    Real Name
    Bob
    Thanks Given

I had very good luck with Prestige Jeep in Longmont a year ago, for what it's worth, but wasn't there for a XX miles service.

When we had a Honda minivan, we serviced it the entire time at Frontier in Longmont. They never ever tried to up-sell, did only what what was in the manual schedule (that I didn't want to do myself), and when I was concerned about the mileage on the struts they even recommended going for another 30K miles before replacement. On top of that their rate was reasonable. Not many dealers like that.

Problem is that this can quickly change with the management or ownership so it could be different the next month.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago
    4x4
    2008 Jeep Rubicon
    User Name
    Jackie
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Thanks Given

I haven't had anything major go bad on my Jeep yet, but I have had work done on my 2000 Honda Odyssey. I take both vehicles to a little shop down the road from me (Tim's Garage in Evergreen). He is the most honest mechanic I have ever met. (My husband agrees). He is considerably less expensive than any of the big shops, He'll admit to what he can't or won't work on and gives solid advice about things I should prepare for replacing as a matter of course. (My axles have a slight leak that he's not worried about yet but I'll have him check again on my next oil change. He also said there is a hairline crack in my exhaust system and said once it gets big enough for him to see it, he might be able to weld it. He talked us out of selling the Oddy because it only has 170K miles on it and other than possibly needing a new tranny, everything else is minor. He does not do transmission work. This guy is great and I highly recommend him.

Last Online
    December 23rd, 2023
    4x4
    2006 Jeep LJ
    User Name
    Java
    Real Name
    Paul
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,261 Posts

Autonation Nissan 104 sucks. In this thread http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...p?23868-Xterra we bought a certified preowned Xterra from Autonation and traded in our Forester. In one of the pics you can see the for sale sticker on our forester while its still where we parked it, Im taking our jackets out. At the time I didn;t realize that that is about all the attention they will give it. Our Xterra was certified after being washed and nothing else- it had been in a front end collision and had wiring that had been improperly repaired, a cracked radiator, and some of the support structure for the radiator, headlights and fender were still bent and surface rusted. I found that stuff myself in my garage, there is no way a real tech could have missed it aside from just not looking. Fortunately they had certified it so we took the warranty to Empire Nissan on Colfax and they got it straight. They had some opinions of Autonation there, ofcourse...