User Name
    Bob
    Real Name
    Bob
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Rivian R1T

Paul previously posted:
    "I think the gas cars I have now will be the last ones I every buy."

That’s my assumption as well. My ICE vehicles should easily last long enough for the prices of decent range EVs to come down because of competition and volume, hopefully by 2026 - 2030. ( And I’m sick of doing oil changes and all the other routine maintenance for ICE engines.). However I don’t expect the slow charge time problem to be resolved by then, so will keep the newer ICE vehicle for long road trips.

A similar situation exists with gas powered lawn equipment. I’m just keeping the old tools running until they can be replaced economically by electric units with similar endurance and power.

Last Online
    December 23rd, 2023
    4x4
    2006 Jeep LJ
    User Name
    Java
    Real Name
    Paul
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,261 Posts

Default Re: Rivian R1T

Tech moves so quickly. As a teenager I learned DOS on a TRS80 in an afterschool class, noone knew anything about computers then. I played the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy game and got away with putting HHGG Completion on my resume for a couple of years. About 10 years later I "invested" a few thousand dollars in a top of the line Gateway Pentium computer for my first business. I was a project manager at a major telecom that ran the Relay Service (phone access for deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired people), we employed about 400 people at our call center. Now you just talk into the phone or send a text, you can use sign language on zoom. I briefly worked for a company that installed cat5 cable and setting up home networks on NT 4.0 in new construction and at that time my phone was better than the computers that sent the first man to the moon. I drive an electric car now. Tech is awesome and moves so fast that I wouldn't be surprised if we're all driving solar powered cars that suck carbon out of the atmosphere by the time I hit Post Your Reply on this thread.

It better move fast, if we go up 34 Fahrenheit we're all dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12