Chris and I had a nice run from Alice to hwy191 going up Yankee Hill, coming out the east side via Miners Gulch, and then went up and over and down Pickle Gulch. Beautiful day and only a few people out - mostly near Pickle. Miners Gulch is still the most challenging spot in the Yankee Hill area - we went back up the top section of it, but didn't try going back up the creek section. I think it would be fun to go up - but it could get a bit slick going up the rocks as its pretty wet.
For official trail keeping - using the MVUM:
1) started up from Alice on 175.1 (the main through going Yankee Hill trail).
2) Before getting to the top, we ventured to the north and did the loop that goes over the actual top of Yankee Hill. Up 175.4A and down 175.3H
3) Continued west on 175.1 over the 'pass' and then down to the '4-way' intersection
4) after looping around abit, we heading north on 175.3C. We drove past the old entrance to Broomfield Gulch - which I understood to be closed now - but the heavy gate had been pulled down and apart.
5) Did the tight switchback to the right/north on 709.1 - this is the Miners Gulch section that gets more difficult.
6) Got to 705.1 (Mosquito Gulch?) and headed east out to Apex Rd.
7) Went north and then headed up the 719.1 switchbacks and then continued to the top via 716.1 (this is usually the very top of a Pickle Gulch run where you can see down both sides of the drainage).
8) We came down the 'legal' - but less travelled route past the silver creek mine (and the tree that Jim sawed up last week) via 714.1F and 713.1B and 707.1. This takes to you to the first 4-way as you go up Pickle Gulch.
9) We took the right/east and headed down 718.1 which is the main Pickle Gulch trail.
Great Day - will post some pics below: