Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: This is a HUGE Thank You to ALL of you :)

Last Online
    December 9th, 2016
    4x4
    1999 XJ AND 2010, Dodge, Cummins, 4x4, 1-ton
    User Name
    RockyMtnGal67
    Real Name
    Kyle
    Thanks Given

Default This is a HUGE Thank You to ALL of you :)

Good morning everyone -

Here is to hoping that you had a great holiday weekend and that maybe you took a brief moment (at least) to give thanks to those who sacrificed for our freedom on this and every weekend. God bless all of you and all of them! Thank you Dad for what you did for me and for all of us.

As most of you know this is my "get the heck out of Dodge" Jeep. Not so much to crawl over the actual rocks but to allow me to escape the burdens and boulders of "life" from time to time. My job right now is pretty weighty and I gotta check out to remain sane! LOL

This weekend was Harriet's maiden voyage and we just went for it. With a lot of guidance from you all we opted to NOT flat tow and to buy a flatbed trailer to haul on. (Oooo have a lead on very affordable trailers for anyone who needs one). The haul was a long one from Elbert County to Hayden, Colorado. We opted to not do Rabbit Ears and took 131 out of Wolcott instead. It was an EASY haul with one of our Dodge trucks hauling the RV which was then hauling the Jeep. We were about 68 feet long.

With the sort of last minute change to the flat bed I found myself without ramps to load it and was scrambling to figure out how to get Harriet ON the trailer. Well I remembered that I bought some handy-dandy, oil change, ramp thingies at Goodwill a while back and thought -- hmmm, maybe? The gap between the top of the ramp thingy and the trailer bed was substantial -- but she climbed right on up. Yay!

Put over 200 miles on her in 2 days -- about 40 of that dirt. She was a champ! She needs tunes, the passenger window doesn't roll down (yet) and the dogs LOVED it. I got to get out in the Sand Wash and watch "my" horses for hours and hours. They were scattered all over the basin and they have 156K acres to roam on so the Jeep was a must. I am sooooooo pleased and even more energized to continue working on her. Of course now whenever I see one for sale -- I gotta go look! Found a beauty in Craig but they wanted too much and I am not ready for a second "build" as I am just getting started on Harriet!

Here is why I needed to get out to the Basin and you all helped make this possible!! Thank you!

2. The Following Member Says Thanks to RockyMtnGal67 For This Post:

Jim (May 31st, 2016)

Last Online
    July 7th, 2023
    4x4
    2017 JKUR Recon
    User Name
    dieseldoc
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Thanks Given

Default Re: This is a HUGE Thank You to ALL of you :)

Good to hear the trail was a good buy.
    Glad,your trip was a good one as well.
    Sounds like you got the bug now!