4x4
    90 Jeep cherokee, 04 Chevy Silverado 1500
    User Name
    thorsbeans
    Real Name
    Tyler
    Thanks Given

Default 04 chevy silverado questions

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 6 inch Pro Comp lift with 35's. All I have done is put an AEM cold air intake, and a straight pipe exhaust (I don’t have a muffler). I have some questions to improve on my truck.

1. My front right tire rubs only when I am backing up and when I have the wheel completely turned to the right. It doesn’t rub any other way. I have the torsion bars cranked as far as they can go, and I am out of options left.

2. My leaf springs in the rear are sagging with the add-a-leaf that came with the lift. I have the stock leafs with the add-a-leaf, and I have a 4 inch block underneath. I am wanting to put 2500 leaf springs to prevent the sag. Is this feasible, or should I look into a different option?

3. I am wanting to get my truck back to stock, so I want to put 4:10 gears in it. This is my daily driver, so I do not want to put the 4:56’s in with highway driving. Will 4.10 get me where I want it?

4. I am looking into performance tuning, and I don’t know where to look. What is the best tune for my truck, without putting my truck in a position that would destroy it.

What should I do in these four cases??? Thanks

Last Online
    July 16th, 2016
    4x4
    1988 K5 1999 MX5
    User Name
    Robert B
    Real Name
    Robert
    Thanks Given

Default Re: 04 chevy silverado questions

1-- have you checked the height at each corner ??? sometimes it will lean one way just enough to cause the rub 2-- atm im not sure you have to see how much arch and weight they are rated for and the best is just to try em if you can find a junkyard set for cheap ideally 3-- my truck on 35S (really 34 inches tall >< ) with 4.10 and a 27% OD does fine on the highway I just need more HP personally but it will do 95 at about 3000 rpm (ive been there) 4-- depends what you want to tune it for exactly and then I don't know too much to help there anyway

Last Online
    October 5th, 2013
    4x4
    90 Jeep cherokee, 04 Chevy Silverado 1500
    User Name
    thorsbeans
    Real Name
    Tyler
    Thanks Given

The height is all the same on each corner, so I will have to dive deeper into the problem.

I am considering getting a 5 inch block for the leaf issue or try to get new 1500 leaf springs, or try the 2500 leafs. I'm not sure which would be the best option to keep a comfortable daily driver.

And for the tune I am wanting more overall horsepower and torque.

Last Online
    December 3rd, 2023
    4x4
    1990 Cherokee
    User Name
    Hypoid
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

Blocks are the DEVIL!!!

Last Online
    September 12th, 2018
    4x4
    Suburban
    User Name
    southpaws3
    Real Name
    Big ED
    Thanks Given

Like big rob said double check the turning w/ the truck in the air w/ the weight on jack stands (frame) left to right , then on the tires same same check the alignment bolts top control arms . as for the gears 4.56 w/ a 4l60e tranny w/ 35s are good it will keep the tranny from working harder -4l60e are pricey- put a larger tranny cooler on that tranny KEEP IT AS COOL AS POSSIBLE.. as for springs call big rob or bill Englewood drive shaft he has (or used to )a old set of 3/4 springs of mine 3037810554....7192166383 don't forget you can do a shackle flip w/ 3/4 springs and get rid of the block ...good luck

Last Online
    April 14th, 2016
    User Name
    gm4x4lover
    Real Name
    Nicholas Boisvert
    Thanks Given

1. What does the tire rub on? You may have bushing play or need to trim alittle bit. Also I belive those trucks have an adjustable steering stopper on the knuckle.

2. I would either replace the springs with aftermarket lift springs or build a ******* pack with a 2500 second leaf.

3. I would do 4.56's. 4.10's on stock tires felt right. Again if you are running against your converter a lot its gonna build a lot of heat. And that will ruin the transmission in no time.

4. Efi live, superchips cortex are 2 good tuners that come to mind.