Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Prices Cramping Your Style?

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

it more like mortgage, utilities,student loans for my daughter,etc....................................th an wheelin

X2. Pretty much where we are, sans kids. Probably will be doing doing more rock climbing than wheeling for that reason this year, too. Cheaper car to drive to the climbing areas, share gas with the other guys or gals climbing, bigger bang for the buck, and little or no mechanical damage to try to figure out where to get $$ to fix. Will probably just pick and choose what trails we really want to run or can afford to run...Sucks, but it's life....

Last Online
    August 31st, 2019
    4x4
    1978 Bronco
    User Name
    Cr33p3r
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

Well the new Fusion gets a bit less MPGs than the Focus did but not by much and I have been filling her up whenever it hits 1/2 a tank and now it is getting close to $40 for that I am not sure what it would cost for the truck now w/ all the mods and 35s(scary thoughts for sure). The one thing I really like on the Fusion is it tells me average MPGs and how far to EMPTY! This makes me a little more conservative on my driving habits, especially on a car with such a touchy gas pedal. We will see what happens to the wheeling part but if the prices go above $4/gl I will be watching from the office chair again.

$4 a gallon? I've been filling up for 4.09 for jeep (midgrade) and 4.28 for the bmw.. 56 bucks gets me half a tank in the car.. I don't even know about the jeep.. haven't fileld it up in a while

Last Online
    July 17th, 2015
    4x4
    04 Jeep Rubicon with 5.5 inch long arm kit
    User Name
    Colin
    Real Name
    Colin
    Thanks Given

mattzj98 previously posted:
    "4.28 for the bmw.."

I have been finding 91 octane for the rover at around 3.70 a gallon, the king soopers deal really helps

Last Online
    May 1st, 2014
    4x4
    00 TJ
    User Name
    Kory
    Real Name
    Kory
    Thanks Given

Me and my bright ideas to buy a Jeep with a stroker motor. I get 12mpg in the city and have to put 91 octane in it. So yes my style is cramped.

Hatz_33 previously posted:
    "I have been finding 91 octane for the rover at around 3.70 a gallon, the king soopers deal really helps"

O_o its 3.89 to 3.99 for regular unleaded.. Idk if im comfortable putting ks gas in.. Try to stick to shell

Last Online
    October 29th, 2013
    4x4
    1984 FJ 60
    User Name
    EldoradoFJ60
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Thanks Given

I drove my 13 mpg FJ60 for an entire year. Tracked all of my gas fill-ups on Fuelly. The Accord that gets 30mpg will basically pay for itself in gas savings.

Now that I am not a slave to the Landcruiser I plan on taking a little break compared to last year. Now I can work on it at my leisure instead of having to finish weekend repairs to make it to work on Monday. After my summer road trip to the Pacific NW I'll get back to work on Bjorn. Swap the alternator, replace the fuel pump, side cover and oil pan gaskets, etc.

I'll still be staying close to home though. Weekend trips to the Idaho Springs/I-70 area work for me. If I'm gonna drive that far I prefer to camp out, explore and fish instead of just wheeling and coming home.

I didn't want to get burned out and end up selling out of frustration.

Last Online
    15 Minutes Ago
    4x4
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    User Name
    Max
    Real Name
    Max
    Thanks Given

Last Online
    May 13th, 2015
    4x4
    1990 K5 Blazer
    User Name
    ShutUpHippie
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

I think mostly my new truck payment is cramping my style

The extra $$/gallon sucks, but does it really matter if I'm putting $70 vs. $80 in my truck? Not really. I'll ride my bike if I don't like gas prices.. + the added benefit of actually being in shape

Last Online
    October 5th, 2015
    4x4
    96 Bronco, 2005 Ranger
    User Name
    96blkbeauty
    Real Name
    James
    Thanks Given

I remember back in college when I had to scrounge up every last dime I had just to put 5-10 bucks of gas in my truck. It was also so bad that I literally couldn't afford it at times, and had to ride my bike or walk everywhere I went. I was definitely in better shape then.

Now, I use a little more then a full tank of gas in my Ranger every week. I have to run 91 due to my tune. I've noticed it a bit, but it hasn't effected me all that much. My job has unlimited OT at the moment, so if I spend a little more that week on stuff, I just make it a point to go work on Sunday.

I have to say though, i'm glad i'm not DDing the Bronco considering it gets 10 MPG. The Ranger now pulls 20 with the tune.

Last Online
    February 28th, 2018
    4x4
    95' Bronco
    User Name
    Fordguy77
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Thanks Given

"$4 a gallon? I've been filling up for 4.09 for jeep (midgrade) and 4.28 for the bmw.. 56 bucks gets me half a tank in the car.. I don't even know about the jeep.. haven't fileld it up in a while"

Where i was just at in Cali it was at $4.78 from premium, just ate a little less so i could more But now that im back in the big cities, its closer to what your paying.

Last Online
    February 28th, 2018
    4x4
    95' Bronco
    User Name
    Fordguy77
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Thanks Given

"O_o its 3.89 to 3.99 for regular unleaded.. Idk if im comfortable putting ks gas in.. Try to stick to shell"

Ive actually noticed when i fill up there, the quality seems to be a little better, i get 29 vs 27 in the exact same driving conditions for an entire tank. Could just be one of them things.

Last Online
    March 25th, 2019
    4x4
    2006 Toyota 4Runner
    User Name
    foxtrot
    Real Name
    Brad Tencer
    Thanks Given

If I was back in CO, the gas prices wouldn't stop me or put a damper on my wheelin'. my wife and I see it as, if we work so much to earn this money, we are going to go out and have a good time so we don't go crazy haha. it also helps that we get paid decently in the Air Force, but even when I had my old job, having fun always came before other things, except bills of coarse. it costs me 65 bucks to fill up my 4runner and I get about 350 miles to a tank. could I have bought a Prius for the same price? sure, but I enjoy having power and something to go driving offroad in.

Last Online
    July 19th, 2015
    4x4
    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    User Name
    Gossamer
    Real Name
    Juno & Lisa and Nikko
    Thanks Given

LETS HAVE A BIKINI CAR WASH FOR GAS !!! AND NO SCRAT U CANT WEAR YOUR 2 PIECE !!! HA HA HA ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12