4x4
    '13 JK "Linus"
    User Name
    Heather
    Real Name
    DRT GRL
    Thanks Given

Popsgarage previously posted:
    "So, Heather, exactly how did you run over Matt's toe???? We all want to know."

I have no idea. I was rolling along, and he's there at my window, and said "Ouch, that's my toe" and I said "Sorry?" (I think) and probably laughed because I was positive he was joking. I mean, really, who puts their toe in the way of a Jeep? Or, more likely, I just ran up/over to him when I was picking my line, and ran it over. It was possibly unfortunately incorporated in my line. Matt? How did it happen? Regardless, I was and am profusely sorry! Now, I'll bet no one will come within a 6 foot radius of me ever again. I'm the toe killer.

Last Online
    December 15th, 2022
    4x4
    '13 JK "Linus"
    User Name
    Heather
    Real Name
    DRT GRL
    Thanks Given

Kory previously posted:
    "If Chris still has free I believe we will be towing it over there tomorrow. Night I would assume?"

He's on the couch, computerless. He said yep, he'll call you. SO glad it's in a familial driveway, and safe.

Last Online
    March 1st, 2014
    4x4
    '87 Chevy V20
    User Name
    Popsgarage
    Real Name
    Jonathan E Epp
    Thanks Given

Amen to that, sister. Tell him no more dancing on icy patches of ground. My son, Robby, thought it'd be funny to stand in front of the Astro van we used to have. I told him I was comin' forward and I guess he didn't believe me and sure enough, I ran over his foot. Couldn't believe it when I felt the van bump up and over it. I felt bad for about a minute before I remembered I told him I was parking the damn thing. It only hurt for about a week. He moves out of the way for me every time now.

loll I was just standing aroud making sure everyone got through and when you came by, it looked like you were going to your left so I didn't move but then you went around a rock and over my foot. Good thing the wrangler doesnt weigh all that much lol

don't feel bad though, like i said, it was my fault for not moving out of your way

and yes Robyn, it's pretty funny haha

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Sorry to hear you broke Warlord. That trail has changed a fair bit since I was there last. Thanks for the pics!

Last Online
    January 21st, 2018
    4x4
    97 Dodge Ram 1500
    User Name
    KnuckleHead
    Real Name
    Happy
    Thanks Given

Looks like it was a good day for wheeling, weather wise at least. Thanks for the report and the pix

note ; when needing a little extra traction aim for a toe , got it , what do you aim for if needing lots of traction ? .. lol .. sorry bout injury

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Got to add my own 'Thanks' in there to you, Bill! My heap got a little ride on your trailer, too. Would have been a bit different scenario had you not been kind enough to loan it to Chris.

Sorry to hear about the breakage and craziness.

Wasn't a thang, Jeff, wasn't a thang...Just part of wheeling...No broken bones, no blood spurting and everyone made it home on the same day they left..

And speaking of badges and stuff, Looks like Heather is going to be first in this group to get the coveted 'pedestrian' badge for the side of her heap. It goes right under the window sill on the driver's door and passenger door, much like the WWII pilots did their plane kills. Congratulations! Sorry that it was a friend.

Last Online
    August 21st, 2020
    4x4
    2011 4dr Rubicon
    User Name
    glacierpaul
    Real Name
    Paul
    Thanks Given

"pedestrian" badge....

Last Online
    August 31st, 2019
    4x4
    1978 Bronco
    User Name
    Cr33p3r
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

Great pics and videos thanks for posting them up!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Here is Heather's 'badged' Jeep. It is almost a shame that there is so much free space as it is going to have everyone wondering if they are going to be the next 'addition'. I am going to be on my 'toes', so to speak....

Last Online
    December 15th, 2022
    4x4
    '13 JK "Linus"
    User Name
    Heather
    Real Name
    DRT GRL
    Thanks Given

(Sorry Matt!!)

Last Online
    August 31st, 2019
    4x4
    1978 Bronco
    User Name
    Cr33p3r
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

How come no one tried the line where Chris was standing in that hole? Looks like a good challenge.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

When I had my 69 Bronco, another 'Mad Max' looking thing, I had painted a whole little group of 'kills' on both sides of the hood (no door panels to work with): little pedestrian figures, little animal figures, bicyclists, birds...it was great for when I had to park somewhere in Boulder or Estes Park...

"Oh that is just disgusting painting that stuff on your truck!"

"Yeah, lady, but you should have seen the damn mess they made....."

1freaky1 previously posted:
    "How come no one tried the line where Chris was standing in that hole? Looks like a good challenge."

I was wondering that too. That's the line we took on the way down and up. Not to bad, but it definitely feels tippy. No pics of going down, but here's one of up. (not this trip) Note- the DS Rear tire is not yet all the way in the hole. Definitely high pucker factor.

Looks like a fun time!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Quote Originally Posted by 1freaky1 View Post
    How come no one tried the line where Chris was standing in that hole? Looks like a good challenge

That is the same line that LaDawn and I didn't do the last time on the trail, but going the other way. I looked at it, then got out and walked it, Decided that the holes were in the wrong spot for my wheelbase, and drove around it. Two weeks later, Haku decided he was going to do the same line in his rig with the same wheelbase, didn't walk it, and flopped his rig on the side when both wheels went into the two perfectly placed holes at the same time. I am not going to make a comment on his decision as there isn't too damn much to say.

Just about the same thing happens on the way down, except that you flop harder as all the weight is on the front rather than the rear of your rig. Driver's side rear wheel comes WAY up in the air. Even with the flex I have, my driver's side rear comes about 1-2' off the ground....and that was all before the hole got about 1 1/2' deeper.

There was a reason that obstacle got avoided, especially going downhill. It is also a lot more off camber than the pictures would make you think it is.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Sticker source. I hand painted mine on the Bronco. Seems other slightly twisted folks found some humor in these, too, as you can simply order what you need now. There are other twisted stickers on this site, too, some quite funny.:

http://stickthisgraphics.com/Pedestr...ker-DRVS41.htm

Avoided the obstacle because I like being on all 4 wheels on the ground. I came close to the edge and from what Heather and Cassie were saying, my rear passenger came off the ground which has never happened before. Got hit in the head with a flying cooler.. and that's just cutting it close to the drop. I wasn't gonna go in it. I think everyone else thought at least something close to that.

Hey Pete, do you have a pic of your mad max bronco?

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Ha...I wish. I have a couple somewhere and have been looking for them for a few years. They are probably on 35mm slides.

Flat black, full cage, overbored 400 with trick cam and head work, ported and polished, hi rise, 4 barrel something, tilt hood, tuned up C6, 38x15.50 Cepeks (later detuned to 35"), winch, custom bumpers front and rear, dual shocks all the way around (80s chic ****), lockers front and rear.

Part of the problem is I seldom took any pictures of any of the crap I built up to drive....just a truck/rig, you know. This sight has more pictures of my heap than I took of anything else I ever owned and most of those were taken by someone else except for my insurance pictures.. I think I took some pictures of the Ford F150 I built up whose parts the 69 bronco inherited, but the only pictures I have found of that was when it was rolled over and trashed. I may have taken some pictures of the 74 Cherokee, too, but again, these were on 35mm slides. The slides pretty much got destroyed by water and the salvageable ones got left by the wayside because it was such a goddamn pain to set up a screen and projector to see them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast