Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss

Default Weight Loss

Who is in? I have been the fat guy as long as i can remember. Im done. it is time to change. so this is my pledge post.

starting weight(glasses, tank, boxers, socks, shoes)

9/11/11278# an all time high! Im 28, 29 in a week.
    9/18/11-274#only worked out the one time, some management of intake. time to do better.

my plan as of now is to get in 20 mins of calisthenics, and at least a mile of 5.0 or higher running. not continuous just yet, but total.

End Plan! 200#

Goals:

Christmas 2011 250# a realistic pound per week.

April 31st 2011 220# a realistic 1.5# per week

Sept 20, 2012 200# an achievable pound per week

i have at disposal:
    -treadmill, old but operational
    -recumbent cycle machine
    -20# dumbells
    -freetime

plan to obtain an olympic curl bar and weights up to 45# plates. this will give me all the upper body work i need besides a pull down. looks like ill be designing a pull down in the tree outside!

ITS TIME, CAUSE THIS IS BULLSHIT

Last Online
    March 1st, 2014
    4x4
    '87 Chevy V20
    User Name
    Popsgarage
    Real Name
    Jonathan E Epp
    Thanks Given

DO IT BRADDAH! I'll join ya by cuttin' myself off from the Dew and late night meals. 217 now. Need to be about 190. 44 Jan 21st.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Kudos to you!

I don't know how many people see picture like that of themselves and don't think anything of it....and don't do anything about it. Steve, SCRubicon, has lost an incredible amount of weight since he started working out, as a case in point. I gave him a line coat a number of years ago that some big dude left on a construction project. He was over at my house getting some work done and didn't have one when the weather turned, size XXXL. It fit at the time. He said that he can use it for a tent now. He managed to do this by watching his diet, a lot of CV work (bike riding) and weights.

Do it! your ticker will be a lot happier and you will have all that energy that you used to have!

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago
    4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

I'm with you Joe. I went from damn near 300 to about 230 a few years ago. I hover around 235 these days but should be much closer to 200.

Lets do it!

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Last Online
    February 28th, 2018
    4x4
    95' Bronco
    User Name
    Fordguy77
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Thanks Given

I'm In, I'm at 240 and realistically should be down around 200-205.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Last Online
    December 18th, 2015
    4x4
    Rigless...
    User Name
    Beefy
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

Good luck with it! It's a wonder feeling losing weight. I'm still a big guy, but I've lost over 100 pounds in the last 6 years or so. I used to weigh 335lbs.

I'm glad my getting stuck on Spring Creek could help you out.

Last Online
    February 25th, 2018
    4x4
    08 Grand Cherokee Overland
    User Name
    otisdog
    Real Name
    Jim D.
    Thanks Given

I was 257. I got a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes last spring and that got me started. Down to 207.
    Some changes in eating and lots of walking has worked for me.
    Jim

Last Online
    August 31st, 2019
    4x4
    1978 Bronco
    User Name
    Cr33p3r
    Real Name
    Sean
    Thanks Given

Congrats on your decision to do this for your self, you will be happy you did in the long run. And to the rest of that has done it or are still working on Great job, keep it up. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, I went in to basic training weighing a whole 115#s by the end of the two and half months I was at a healthy 155#s of muscle (wow where did it go). I bounced around that number for quite a few years then when I was diagnosed w/ Hypoglycemia I shot up to 185#s. The bad side of it is it all in the middle (spare tire) and it leads to a lot of health issues.

Jim that is one of the best things you can do for yourself being a diabetic is to lose weight and eat healthy foods. Our grocery shopping generally takes about two hours because I read every label to watch for Fats, Carbs, Sugars, and Proteins.
    So to me it great to see you guys working your butts off to achieve a healthier body.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

As an old guy I can say now's the time to do it. Like Jim I was diagnosed as diabetic a year or so ago and that's something nobody wants to hear. I'm not svelte these days but not back where I was either. What I found for me was the late night can of pop and snack was very bad. Shopping the outside of the grocery store is good - produce, meat, vegetables. Stay away from the center with all the processed and prepared foods. Eat lots of fish (never fried) and veggies.

My wife and kids made me stop losing weight after losing too much weight, I have to learn some middle ground approach.

thanx guys!

ive always, well since 7 yrs old, had a "gut". but ive always been active. i played football up to high school. and even through high school, not playing sports, i kept the weight at a constant. always a gut, but nothing major. i was 230 leaving high school and quite muscular from weights training. I should have wrestled! But, i think that this has always been my problem. "yeah im a little heavy, but im still fairly fit". i catch myself saying it. even just now. hell, last night i ran a 1/2 @ 5.0, then typed this thread, and proceeded to run another mile @ 5.0 afterward. but, obviously im not fit! its so time for a change!

anyone wanting to do the same, post up! lets keep track right here. maybe you could ask aaron to put yours in the top couple posts to keep it at the top, and just update the original post with numbers. i plan to weigh @ 8pm every sunday, and my total 78 pound goal has a year and a week to be achieved! lets make this happen! in about 3 weeks, if i stay on course, ill be street running a mile twice a week. im just waiting to get my ankles in line first! and i really need to get another bike!

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago
    4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

Let's tag team the original post updates. People can post their updates on the thread. Whichever of us catches it first can update the original post.

Oh, and I need a new scale

A passing thought; a few of you are out here in Arvada, and there's the park along the creek where maybe you could post your schedules or post selected days to meet at a designated time before dinner, after dinner, with kids, without kids but like every week for example Mon, Weds, and Fri, you meet at 7:30 for a half an hour walk, talk, swing with the kids but something to encourage each other start your disciplines, routines, habits, and if only one shows up walk if 5 show up walk but something that everyone in the area knows that at that time there may be someone with common interests (health and 4wheeling etc...) Maybe some of you already go to the park or a track where others could just join you but like some of my friends every night around 5 are at the same bar, same time, and the group varies but always someone I know - ideas are easy organization is impossible sometimes

I like this thread and I been really wanting to get back in shape. In high school I weighed 172 pounds all muscle and could run a mile in 7.6 minutes. After I graduated my dad died and I just let myself go I'm currently at 235 pounds and can do a mile in like 11 minutes. It's been little over two years now And I'm done with being like this I want to change as well and have been working on it lately. Lucky a lot of you guys up in Arvada, I got my girlfriend running with me and working out with me. Hopefully though I'll get to meet a few of you guys at the run on the 25th. Talked to you guys on forum wanna meet you guys

Last Online
    March 14th, 2020
    4x4
    2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    User Name
    Mr6dwg
    Real Name
    Bill Gardner
    Thanks Given

Don't think for one moment that I take you wanting to lose weight lightly. I have the opposite problem. Ever since around 16, I weighed 120 pounds. I am 53 today and I weight 150 pounds. It is a struggle for me to keep weight on. I do wish you luck. Some people are just meant to be bigger. Just like me, I was never meant to be "big". I will always be a thin person. God just made us all different.

well, edit your post and include your current weight today. and update it every sunday! it will show you if your achieving or not. seeing a not will help motivate to do better the following week. a pound a week is totally achievable. its typically not reccomended to lose more than 2 per week. for you to hit 180, is 55 pounds. so next september, hit 180!

good luck, and post all your struggles and triumphs!

I hit the wall at 325 pounds - that's within the weight range of an adult male gorilla... I joined Planet Fitness in Lakewood ($10 a month with no contract) and rode the hell out of my bike. Carved off 95 pounds. I've been lazy this summer and gained back too much beer/bad food weight. (gaining any back at my weight is never good) Time to relight the focus fire under my a$$. There will be people who support you on your journey and some who will line up to see you fail. (F’ the negative Nellies) My only advice - get into the mindset that exercise and healthy diet are a way of life and you’ll do fine.

post it on here steve! we"ll all keep ya lit!

Last Online
    June 13th, 2018
    4x4
    05 Land Rover LR3, 01 Discovery
    User Name
    Brad
    Real Name
    Brad
    Thanks Given

I am down! I see pics of myself and think the same thing. My ideal weight is around 190. I am at 240 +/- as I have not had a good scale.
    I have been spouting the "I need to lose weight and work out" phrase for too damn long. Time to put my words into action.

First- Buy a good digital scale.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

The biggest thing you need to do is COUNT CALORIES and CUT OUT CALORIES!

Exercise about 20-30 minutes at least 5 times a week - treadmill, biking, whatever. We bought an elliptical.

I was 280 in January of 2010. In June 2011 I was 198. I'm now trying to tone more rather than just lose weight.

You can do it!

One of the biggest things that we did was to use smaller plates - it makes it look like you have more food.

You will probably drop more weight when you first start - I averaged about 2lbs a week for the first 4 months. It will vary. Make sure to weigh yourself weekly, on the same day, at the same time of day. As you lose more, you will be more like 1lb or less per week.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

I am going to stay out of this thread (I hear sighs of relief...) other than to say more power to all of you guys or gals that want to loose weight. Having known quite a few friends who have made the considerable effort involved, it has always impressed me.

Reason I am staying out is because I have been buying the same size pants for 44 years. The crotch still fits exactly where it did 44 years ago and isn't down around my knees...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast