Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: Nothing runs like a Deere

Default Nothing runs like a Deere

Sure, I'll give you that one... But, nothing takes a neglectful beating like a Cub Cadet!!! I cleaned my mower for the first time in 3.5 years. (not just a rinse) It bogged out and died in the tall grass. (maybe it had something to do with the hail storm over head, maybe not) It flooded a little too. Sumb*tch, pi$$ me off. Never happened before. I pulled off what I thought was the air filter, but all I found was a brick of dirt with a orange sponge gasket around the edges. Bounced it off of the driveway and poof there was an air cleaner plus a pre filter. With that taken care of I flipped the ol' beast over and commenced to scrape off a couple inches of caked on grass clippings. It was thick enough that the blade had just enough clearance to spin. The blade edges are good and round too. Now, I didn't bother to check the oil because I didn't want to get too crazy with it. I figure it gets enough lube from the 85 octane can with the 2-cycle mix in it. At any rate, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow's showing. COME ON NEW OWNERS, NO WHAMMYS!!!!!!

Last Online
    April 6th, 2019
    4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

You are selling your place? We are looking to buy... Got any details?

Patrolman previously posted:
    "You are selling your place? We are looking to buy... Got any details?"

http://www.remax.com/property/903898...wood-CO-80227/

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

Your house photos turned out really well. Amazing what you see in house ads sometimes...

Last Online
    August 20th, 2014
    4x4
    2011 Ram 1500
    User Name
    RockyMtnHigh
    Real Name
    Jock
    Thanks Given

Noticed the picture with the piano, before we moved here I got rid of an upright like that except ours had some scroll work on the front cover. We bought it at an antique store for $50. It was given to the shop owner by a local Catholic church and she could not sell it for over a year.

Meant to try and clean it up a bit and have it tuned, but never got around to it and I wasn't about to haul it out here to the new house so I gave it away, took 6 guys to get it up on the trailer to bring it home from the store. Moving out here there were only 2 of us.

Not a single marking on it, no serial, model or even the manufacturer, all the shop owner knew about it was it was acquired by the church back during the depression. Found out after searching on-line that pianos had a habit of falling off the back of trucks during the depression era and the mob would remove all the markings and sell them.

Pathrat previously posted:
    "Your house photos turned out really well. Amazing what you see in house ads sometimes... "

Or, what you don't see. If you take a good look - there's no mailbox at the end of the driveway in the outside pic. It's like my photography Prof. always said, "The camera faithfully records everything it sees."

RockyMtnHigh previously posted:
    "Noticed the picture with the piano, before we moved here I got rid of an upright like that except ours had some scroll work on the front cover. We bought it at an antique store for $50. It was given to the shop owner by a local Catholic church and she could not sell it for over a year. [/B]"

That's my wife's 100+ year old Francis Bacon. Ribbon mahogany cabinet. A real good player too. Heavy as all get out... I'm hiring movers again because I want no part of it.

Last Online
    August 20th, 2014
    4x4
    2011 Ram 1500
    User Name
    RockyMtnHigh
    Real Name
    Jock
    Thanks Given

SCRubicon previously posted:
    "Heavy as all get out... I'm hiring movers again because I want no part of it"

Yep, I believe you!

Here's the one we had:

It was my wife's too, when we finally got here with the moving trucks, we unloaded one with the exception of this cherry dresser that was bigger than the piano. I had no idea how we were going to get it up the stairs, then about that time I noticed an appliance delivery across the street at one of the neighbors, the kids were using what looked like a tow strap, two of them on each side of the appliance, the strap over one shoulder a piece and under whatever they were carrying. I went over there and asked how much they would charge me to move the dresser, $30 it was off the truck, up the stairs and in place in less than 5 minutes.

There were 3 of them and they had just moved here from Russia, they looked at me and asked if I needed anything else, I pointed at the other truck which was mostly my wood shop stuff. 24 foot U-haul, unloaded down to the basement in little over an hour. I handed them $100 a piece after they were done.

After they left, my wife looked at me and said, "see we could have brought the piano!"

That's a nice looking box full of elephant teeth you had there.

Last Online
    April 6th, 2019
    4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

Nice place, but won't fit our needs. Thanks for the link though and hope it moves soon for you!