4x4
    1989 GMC K5 Jimmy 1977 Chevy Luv
    User Name
    Red Rhino
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Thanks Given

Default Englewood Driveshaft Rocks ! - Carnage Fix

I had my first carnage because of heavy use of the right foot with the new motor. I snapped a 1 ton U-Joint on the rear drive shaft connected to my 14 bolt rear end when I was hammering a rock ledge. I made it up, but right as I was going to the next ledge my foot got heavy again and it snapped. I need to fab up a traction bar because the 14 bolt is wrapping the leaf springs.

Bill at Englewood Driveshaft not only had the new parts in stock, but he fixed it in a half day!!! Wow one day service on a custom 1 Ton setup and it is better than before. Almost too nice to bash up on the rocks… but I will.

Pics of the Hill.
    The broken joint. I did not get a pic of the broke drive shaft end, only the axle.
    The last pics are the Fixed Drive Shaft

I drove home on the front Driveshaft.

Yeah they are awesome. I was getting my driveshafts done there I needed double cardan cvs for my new sye. Well we didn't get them back untill the day of our trip and I guess I measured wrong so it was an inch too long. I gave hcp a call and they called bill. The shop re opened just for me and they re did my driveshaft in half an hour! I still made the trip thanks to them

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Bill rocks!

I gotta agree with ya on that. I erringly thought my drive shaft would still work after shortening my wheelbase 4" and had an "oh crap" moment 12 hours before I was due to leave for Moab in March. I called Bill in a panic, and asked if he could do it in a short amount of time. I think I took it over there between 1-2pm and he had it ready to go by 4:30pm all shiny and new and fully greased. Still only charged me the Front Range rate too.

Bryan definitely could have chosen a better place to break his rig. He managed to get up the first ledge in the Quarry on Moody Hill, but the ujoint blew up just above it. We ended up getting him pulled out through the "escape road" so he didn't have to try and do the crux move with only front wheel drive. Luckily its almost entirely downhill from the Quarry, so he didn't need a strap the whole rest of the day. Having only Front Wheel Drive with a Detroit locker does not make it the most stable vehicle driving on the paved roads. Bryan was ducking and diving all over the place every time he went from off to on throttle. I think it would have been alright if he was spooled or if he wasn't pulling a the ATV trailer, but with all the weight on the back of the rig and the Detroit locker locking and unlocking, it was rather unpredictable. It got even worse when he unlocked one hub and went to one wheel drive. He made it home and everything, but I'm guessing that a few cars got scared when they saw him suddenly fly towards them.

I haven't posted a Moody Hill trail report since I didn't have my camera (batteries weren't charged and my inverter died) but I am looking forward to some of the pictures that Bryan's wife Sara took of us running the Quarry and such. Post those suckers up Mr. Rhino.

Wait so FR gets different pricing?

mattzj98 previously posted:
    "Wait so FR gets different pricing?"

I thought so. I believe Bill gives a bit of a discount for FR members.

Last Online
    October 4th, 2013
    4x4
    User Name
    Red Rhino
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Thanks Given

Haku previously posted:
    "I haven't posted a Moody Hill trail report since I didn't have my camera (batteries weren't charged and my inverter died) but I am looking forward to some of the pictures that Bryan's wife Sara took of us running the Quarry and such. Post those suckers up Mr. Rhino."

I will start a Trip report tonight.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

mattzj98 previously posted:
    "Wait so FR gets different pricing?"

Always mention FR!

Chris previously posted:
    "Always mention FR! "

wish i would have known lol does that work through high country too or just at englewood ds?

I think HCP4x4 gives a 10-15% discount if you mention you are a member. There are a few other places around too, like Stevinson Toyota that give really decent discounts for us too.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Englewood Drive Shaft and Stevinson Toyota West....so far...and I believe High Country 4x4. Like 4Wheel Parts, I think I set up something with them, too. We are SUPPOSED to get a club discount at 4WheelParts off I70 and Peoria, but you may have to talk to Steve Maderias, the manager. I think I set up something with him last year, but am not sure. If there is a "discount", it may not be much.

And yes, Englewood Drive shaft does ROCK!

and they make great drive shafts!

Last Online
    October 4th, 2013
    4x4
    User Name
    Red Rhino
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Thanks Given

jesse05lj previously posted:
    "and they make great drive shafts!"

Yes, but they play Jimmy Hendrix and Led Zeppelin while they make great drive shafts!

Last Online
    November 13th, 2015
    4x4
    Suburban 454,dana60 14bolt,locked .coiloverfront,
    User Name
    tonkatoy
    Real Name
    Bill ENGLEWOOD DRIVESHAFT LLC
    Thanks Given

THANK YOU! I really do appreciate all your business and the friendships that I have gained. And yes I do give a 10% discount to all the Frontrange 4X4 members. Thank you again.

Hey Bill I think I'm out for Blazer Bash :frown

good to know that we get a discount!