PDA

View Full Version : Lots of closed trails

Rob
June 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Are trails opening later than usual this year? I just did a quick review of last year, and I was on Johnny Park Road on May 24 and Pole Hill Road on June 7. Both of those are still closed. I saw that Pole Hill was damaged by some knuckleheads who cut the lock of the gate, then got stuck. But JPR, Pierson Park Road, Moody Hill, Kelly Flats (also apparently damaged), Crystal Mountain, Storm Mountain are all closed. In fact, just about everything in the Canyon Lakes District is closed.

On the bright side, the club up here in Longmont is scheduled to fix the bog on MSV the weekend of June 26-27, so MSV and Coney could open that weekend.

AccordRanger
June 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I cant wait for Pole Hill to open gonna do it all the way through this year.

Andrew
June 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Late snow will do that.

SubaCool
June 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I cant wait for Pole Hill to open gonna do it all the way through this year.
I'm gonna have to find a way to convince Lisa to go again this year :rolleyes: Pierson and Johny Park are on my to-do list also ;)

Mr6dwg
June 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I have a friend who has some private property on the Pole Hill Road. I thought I understood him to say that you cannot drive that road from start to finish. I have been on both sides of that road and have driven it to the gates. "They" (the nimby's) apparently are trying to get that road closed to 4WD enthusiasts. A NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard.

Andrew
June 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Pole Hill is basically a loop. Technically, that road continues to Pine Lake, then Flatiron Reservoir and Carter Lake area. But I don't think you can get all the way through.

Jackie
June 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna have to find a way to convince Lisa to go again this year :rolleyes: Pierson and Johny Park are on my to-do list also ;)

Pole Hill, Johnny and Pierson are some of my favorite trails so far. I have run all three of them 3 times so far but will gladly do them again! Can't wait for them to open.