PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to have a Stripper

Aaron
June 3rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Here's a JK that I'd probably actually buy new. The J7 Stripper. Its a JK (wide track, longer wheelbase, you can fit your stuff) that you can get lockers, electric disconnects, 44 axles, etc. The key here is that you don't need the Rubicon package which sticks you with 20 speaker stereo systems, vibrating heated snake skin seats, wheels made of hypertensionating gold infused alloy and, worst of all, carpet.

Give me steel wheels, half doors, bedliner interior and all the aforementioned drivetrain components and sell it to me for 8-10K less than the Rubicon and I might jump on it. Chrysler/Fiat! Great job building a concept with less whis-bangs. Now sell it!

Aaron
June 3rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
http://www.4-the-love-of-jeeps.com/j7-stripper-is-jeep-starting-to-pay-attention.html

Smash
June 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hmmmm, I can't imagine Jeep would actually sell it. Would take a HUGE amount of sales away from the Rubicon I'm betting.

That being said, I LIKE IT.

MelloYello
June 3rd, 2010, 08:21 AM
That is perfect! I wish they would sell stripped down versions or at least give you the option to order them from the factory.

Aaron
June 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Tough to say. If you think about the fact that most people who have a Rubicon never touch a dirt road with it, the point of having a Rubicon for them is to say "I live in Colorado and I have status". They would lose the sales of the people who buy a Rubicon to do trails because it is one of the most trail worthy rigs out there but I think that is a minority.

My guess is that they would get more folks like me to buy new Jeeps. I'm not going to buy a 35,000 dollar vehicle and take it on a trail and be afraid of every ding and scratch I will get on it and have to worry about getting mud on the fancy schmancy interior.

Case in point, I bought a new 2007 Chevy Silverado (in 2007). I got the work truck version without carpet or any other fancy stuff except the big 6 litre engine. I paid something like 20 grand less than the top of the line Silverado but my truck pulls just as nice as others (diesel excluded winky). Why not do the same thing for the JK?

All Rubicon folks on this forum excluded however.

SCRubicon
June 3rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
My guess is that they would get more folks like me to buy new Jeeps. I'm not going to buy a 35,000 dollar vehicle and take it on a trail and be afraid of every ding and scratch I will get on it and have to worry about getting mud on the fancy schmancy interior.

All Rubicon folks on this forum excluded however.

Ha ha ha, I was going to say, I bought my not quite $35,000 Rubi only for 4-wheeling. The wife hated the punishing ride of my CJ5, (it got to my back a little on longer trips too) so I decided on a 37 year bump up in equipment. She still doesn't go wheeling. I guess Herbie scared her off :lmao:

That said, there was a time when you could buy a JK Sport model, do a D44 axle swap and still be way-way under the $30k mark. Too bad Jeep won't put this concept into reality. They are too busy selling their new "Mountain" edition sticker package Sport S models with Rubicon wheels. :rolleyes:

SubaCool
June 3rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
I thought this was about strippers... and lap dances... :erm: :rolleyes:

Chris
June 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
I can't believe it made it through 6 posts before some said what I thought. Saw the title and was readying the delete button. ;)

Aaron
June 3rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
I can't believe it made it through 6 posts before some said what I thought. Saw the title and was readying the delete button. ;)

Keeping you on your toes Chris.

BlackRubi
June 3rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'd drop my Rubicon for it. The wife asked why I didn't buy an Unlimited JK the other day. I proceeded to list things about the TJ Rubicon that made it preferable to me. She didn't pick up on everything I said, so I then replied with "Because you (my wife) didn't like it when we looked at it". This rig would alleviate all of that. I would have all that I like about the Rubicon, more cargo space, she would grow to like it for those reasons, and I wouldn't have to sell my kidneys and appendages to buy it.

I also thought this was a thread about the ladies of ill repute.

Rob
June 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM

You have to have a dirty mind to maintain a clean forum. :)

Chris
June 3rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
:lmao: Me? :lmao:

Rob
June 3rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
:lmao: Me? :lmao:

No, the two other Chrises. ;)

Chris
June 3rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
No, the two other Chrises. ;)

Thought so. :rolleyes:

Brody
June 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Too bad that manufacturer's don't do this.

When I bought the 2006 Tundra for a work truck, I got the baseline work package: funk stereo, funk speakers, rubber mats. Hell, it was a construction work truck. Who needed all the other yuppified crap? That can stay in the DD that you spend more time in.

A dedicated, non DD, trail rig should be pretty much the same deal and, ideally, you should be able to buy them off the factory floor like that.....for considerably less, too.

JeepersCreepers
June 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'd buy one. nuf said. Hope jeep starts making them. :cool:

Roostercruiser
June 7th, 2010, 01:48 AM
At least jeep still gets it. Suburbans now are a far cry from what they once were. I dont tven think they make a atrip down hurb anymore .

cfr
June 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I saw the J7 Stripper in person at Easter Jeep Safari. While I wouldn't personally buy the stripped down version, I see why others are interested in it.

Here's one thing to remember... As 4-wheelers while we're all excited about the off-road capability of the Rubicon (and even the X, which I own), but Jeep has identified a target demographic,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBrvLE0BD8

There's a reason why they added leather seats for the 2010 model year.

Aaron
June 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I saw the J7 Stripper in person at Easter Jeep Safari. While I wouldn't personally buy the stripped down version, I see why others are interested in it.

Here's one thing to remember... As 4-wheelers while we're all excited about the off-road capability of the Rubicon (and even the X, which I own), but Jeep has identified a target demographic,

There's a reason why they added leather seats for the 2010 model year.

At least put them on a dirt road... Jeez

Aaron
June 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I emailed Jeep and told them to build it. Its now only a matter of time :)