PDA

View Full Version : National Park FREE DAYS!!!!

1freaky1
June 3rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
This coming weekend the 5th & 6th are free days for all our National Parks!:D

Aaron
June 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
I do love our national parks...

But now a days, when I hear "free day", my brain translates it into " day where it is ridiculously crowded with a bunch of people who are rude and don't watch their kids". Every time I go to a free day, as soon as I get in the car, my first words are typically

"I'd rather pay"

That being said, I haven't done a free day at a national park so perhaps it would be better than being in the confines of the zoo or museum...

MelloYello
June 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
dido

Smash
June 3rd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up! A lot of times I'll take the opportunity to go up over trail ridge or something, especially cause since I moved down here from Loveland I haven't been buying a year pass. This year however, gonna be riding in and around Sedalia, so will miss it.

Panzerknacker
June 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
dido

Isn't she a pop singer?

Yeah I would rather pay and avoid the crowds.

BlackRubi
June 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by MelloYello dido Isn't she a pop singer?
I thought the same thing! :D

Volcom
June 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
We camped on Medano & ran Blanca last year during one of the free weekends. It wasn't that bad. It was nice not having to pay to get back into the park and back up to camp on Medano. The crowds were normal for that time of the year.

Roo
June 4th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up but with out of town guests here we are headed to Estes & RMNP for some show and tell this weekend. I would guess they make this free weekend because the weekend after Memorial day is traditionally slow. I will update everyone how it goes.

SubaCool
June 5th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I'd like to take the family up to RMNP tomorrow and then maybe run Bunce (or vise verse). It depends on how Lisa feels but that's what we'll be most likely doing tomorrow.

SubaCool
June 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Actually, on a second thought, I'd like to try North Supply Creek. We'll see how much time we'll have. Anybody wanna join? (Not on a calendar because it's not decided on yet. I go where the car takes me :p)

1freaky1
June 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
They actually have 4 or 5 weekends that are free I just don't remember all the dates for them.

Roo
June 8th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Well, we went to RMNP on Sat. and it didn't seem very crowded but we got a late start. We got there about 1:30 and had a picnic lunch, saw lots of mule deer and elk. Then headed up to hike to Alberta Falls. Definitely a great experience to hike there during the spring runoff! Lots of water! Then we headed to Bear Lake and were surprised to see the north side of the trail around the lake still covered in snow. There were signs that said the hike to dream, nymph, and emerald were icy and snow covered so we opted to just settle for the walk around bear lake. It was a great day and our Chicago visitors loved it! We then headed back down to Estes to eat dinner at the Dunraven Inn and saw two monster bull elk just outside the restau12547r12546a12545n12544t12543.12542

Rob
June 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
What's that coatrack doing outside the restaurant?!?

Nice pics.