PDA

View Full Version : Just a cool photo

Chris
June 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Looks like fun. :eek:

Rob
June 1st, 2010, 08:43 PM
Holy mother of pearl! Any idea where that is?

southpaws3
June 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
h1ll yeah that is the killer highway in south America ...i know that is the wrong area but there is more deaths on this 1highway than total airplane deaths worldwide all per year ,, national geographic did a documentary on this road ------or it is just a yellow discovery on a really little road taking a awesome trip to somewhere not in this country:lol:

Pathrat
June 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
Holy mother of pearl! Any idea where that is?

Nowhere I want to be when it is raining and there is another vehicle within 100 miles of me.

?south america

Rob
June 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM
Is that the one featured on the Top Gear episode where the guys took a 40, a Range Rover and a Sammie across Bolivia? I think it's posted on here somewhere.

Edit: Found it: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?8397-for-the-rover-suzuki-and-land-cruiser-lovers&highlight=Top+Gear

BlackRubi
June 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Sooooo many deaths on that road each year!

Chris
June 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
I guess I'll have to watch that one of these days.

Rob
June 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM
I guess I'll have to watch that one of these days.

I did. It was worth it. The 40 should have made it to the end of the trail, but the knucklehead driving it apparently forgot how to operate the e-brake. Operator, not vehicle, error.

Mporter
June 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
I did. It was worth it. The 40 should have made it to the end of the trail, but the knucklehead driving it apparently forgot how to operate the e-brake. Operator, no vehicle, error.

I honestly think they did that for cinematic effect.....you can never really tell if they do it on purpose though.

Roostercruiser
June 1st, 2010, 10:55 PM
They built another hiway to bypass the hiway od death but for the couple of small villages on yhe other side of yhe mountain thei hwve no choice but to take that rd. And half the deaths r all bus crashes.

SubaCool
June 2nd, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yungas Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungas_Road), or as more commonly referred to as El Camino de la Muerte, in Bolivia. Youtube is full of videos about it. I'd love to go there someday, looks fun (and beautiful).