PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT LJ

DHYDR8D
May 31st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Well this long weekend let me get a lot done on my 2006 LJ Rubicon
12359.Bumper almost done.
12358 I made the shackle mounts interlock behind the front part of the bumper so if there is ever a weld failure the mount would have to pull through the 1/4" plate!
12362 Before
12361losing weight!
12360ROKMEN fenders! very high quality peices.

DHYDR8D
May 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
12367Perfect!
12378Different look.
12366homemade cold air intake $60.
12365hood cut that was nerve racking.
12364New shoes! and Tuxedo park turn signal lamps.

Pathrat
May 31st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Wow. Lotsa work, nice job

DHYDR8D
May 31st, 2010, 08:03 PM
1237035's with zero lift. Need to paint the hood
12369Need to wire the winch and turn signals
12368Next project weekend is a cage and rear tire holster.

I have the Rubicon Wheels,tires(20000 miles on them), yellow fenders, yellow hood, Rubicon fender flares. All for sale. PM me for information.

Mporter
May 31st, 2010, 09:49 PM
Very cool

Funrover
May 31st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Nice, looks like you were busy!

southpaws3
June 1st, 2010, 01:11 AM
great job (CUPCAKE)!!!!!!!!!!:D

Aaron
June 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Looks great. 2 questions...

Did you have to or are you planning on cutting the rear fenders for flex on the 35s?
Can you tell us (or just me) how you built the CAI?

Ok, one more... I have the need for 2 Moab wheels (the ones that typically came on the rubicon) for my trailer project but I assume you want to sell them as a set, right?

tonkatoy
June 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM
That thing looks sweet

Chris
June 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Good job John, looks like you got more done in a weekend than I would in a month or two. Time to wheel it!

DHYDR8D
June 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone, I am super stoked to get out in the dirt now.

OK, one more... I have the need for 2 Moab wheels (the ones that typically came on the rubicon) for my trailer project but I assume you want to sell them as a set, right?

Tell you what. I will sell just two of them because I need two for a future trailer project myself!

Did you have to or are you planning on cutting the rear fenders for flex on the 35s? Can you tell us (or just me) how you built the CAI?
I have not cut the rear yet because I am going to get some corners here sometime and will cut them then, right now it looks like it is going to be very close to rubbing, so we will see what happens.

I don't know what a CAI.

Aaron
June 1st, 2010, 04:33 PM
I don't know what a CAI.

Its your Cold Air Intake.

DHYDR8D
June 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Wow I am really dumb sometimes. I picked up a K&N filter Part Number 4990 at Pep boys right off the shelf. It had a 3" intake opening, I cut the stock intake tube, cleaned up the edges and put the K&N on. I have not done any thing with the PCV valve but plan on just tapping the tube throwing a small threaded pipe in it and hooking up the hose. Pep boys had a ton of cheap looking "tuner" filters there with 3" openings for 30 bucks. but for 60 bucks I went with the K&N. I think I will heat up the end of the Intake tube and give it a little flare on the end just to be sure the filter dosen't take a leap of faith.

DHYDR8D
June 1st, 2010, 04:52 PM
great job (CUPCAKE)!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you tEDddy bear!

Aaron
June 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Wow I am really dumb sometimes. I picked up a K&N filter Part Number 4990 at Pep boys right off the shelf. It had a 3" intake opening, I cut the stock intake tube, cleaned up the edges and put the K&N on. I have not done any thing with the PCV valve but plan on just tapping the tube throwing a small threaded pipe in it and hooking up the hose. Pep boys had a ton of cheap looking "tuner" filters there with 3" openings for 30 bucks. but for 60 bucks I went with the K&N. I think I will heat up the end of the Intake tube and give it a little flare on the end just to be sure the filter dosen't take a leap of faith.

Did you notice a difference? Performance-wise?

DHYDR8D
June 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Did you notice a difference? Performance-wise?

I have noticed that throttle response is way better and it sounds great!

gm4x4lover
June 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Sweet jeep, it looks like it has glasses on.

DHYDR8D
March 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Well I guess it is time to up date my never ending project. The past few months I have been collecting parts to make the thing want to drive down the road and not scare other drivers around me. I installed a Rokmen tummy tuck skid plate that gave me two inches of extra belly clearance, thanks to the 1 1/4" body lift and the 1" motor mount lift. While the belly pan was removed I installed a Novak cable linkage for the t-case (PAIN in the ASS). After all that was tightened up I moved on to installing the massive, top of the line, Rokmen control arms all the way around, while installing those I welded on some JKS front control arm skid plates. Yes I know they are upside down I liked the way they fit this way rather than flipped over. Then came the JKS Rear track-bar and the Currie Anti-rock sway-bar. All this took about 14 hours between two days. I was able to get it all done and test it out on the rocks at the Anniversary run. I have to tell you Jeep guys if you have a death wobble problem all this will cure it. I am not sure but if I had to guess I would say the sway-bar and the control arms made the thing handle like a sports car!! The tight steering is back no wheel shake at all even at 85 MPH. Oh yeah then I traded some work to get my half doors painted Yellow. I can't paint the front end due to the wife liking the honey bee look. Some sharp eyes might even notice a different rear "stinger" and a few missing bars from the stock roll bar. I think it makes it look more like a truck. And yes it is Black and Yellow and Blue for a reason. Thanks to Rokmen, Currie, Novak, and JKS.

Next project is a cage

Jeepfreak
March 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Wow! Everything you did is great, that gives me lots of ideas for my 05 Rubi.

LostFedExMan
March 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
You are the only reason I'm starting to like LJ's. Haha, never really have been a fan of them, but yours is freaking awesome! I love the 'truck' look for Jeeps.

glacierpaul
April 16th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Love your Jeep John!! Wait, love your Jeeps!! John's Willy's pick-up is pretty sweet too! Upper right in the last pic. Thanks again John for your awesome work on my bumper!!!!!!!!!!

Brody
April 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
That is looking very nice!

DHYDR8D
August 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Well It is time for a cage. Painted it blue today, more pics to come. Enjoy

DHYDR8D
March 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Got my Jeep back after four months of being at the body shop after a guy ran a red light and clipped my front bumper.

Got a brand new frame from Jeep, new poison spyder fenders, new AEV highline hood, and a zeon 10-S winch, the bill came to over $23, 000! haha.

Just picked up a set of 17" flat black steel wheels with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern from the performance wheel and tire auction for $39! Manual hubs here I come, with true dana 44 outers and better brakes, and 37's or maybe 40's if I truss and sleeve the front end.

Gonna be a great summer

Rick
March 13th, 2014, 06:12 PM
thats great John!!!!:thumb:

javaman34
March 13th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Very cool, except for the getting hit part.

Java
March 14th, 2014, 07:24 AM
:thumb: Looks great! Love the highline & fenders!!

glacierpaul
March 18th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Sweet John!! Glad You Finally Got Your JEEP Back, And Upgraded! Bout Time To Wheel :)

DHYDR8D
March 20th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Sweet John!! Glad You Finally Got Your JEEP Back, And Upgraded! Bout Time To Wheel :)

Can't wait Paul, hope to see you on the trail ths summer...my boy will ready to wheel around June I suspect his neck muscles will be strong enough by then. But I'm thinking metbury is gonna be a nice day trip.

glacierpaul
March 22nd, 2014, 05:37 AM
If I Haven't Told You Yet, Congrats On Your Boy! That Is Awesome John! How You Like Being A Dad?

DHYDR8D
March 22nd, 2014, 06:38 PM
If I Haven't Told You Yet, Congrats On Your Boy! That Is Awesome John! How You Like Being A Dad?

I'll get back to you on that in about ten years...haha. Joking aside its the best feeling I have ever had. "Elation" is the only word I can think of to describe my feelings.

southpaws3
March 24th, 2014, 06:17 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1