PDA

View Full Version : Not really a trail resource but,,,,,

1freaky1
April 29th, 2010, 04:31 AM
So I now a lot of us on here like to search for the old mines here in our great state so I thought I would post up this link for you guys. It is the states archive listing of all the registered mines that are or was worked in Colorado.

http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/hmrfi/

latva0311
April 29th, 2010, 07:05 AM
cool link, if anyone ever wants to go up and look around for them i will tag along. i worked in a mine for 3 1/2 years it sucked and i told my self i would never go back in one but its different when you do it on your own time. i know that all of the mines that were on democrat hill by empire have been destroyed the national forest service. they caved them all in. have you ever been to the ghost town that over looks georgetown?

Chris
April 29th, 2010, 07:54 AM
have you ever been to the ghost town that over looks georgetown?

Would that be Waldorf? If so, yes it's my wife's favorite place to go. Maybe Saxon, another favorite for mines.

1freaky1
April 29th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Which ghost town are you talking about? there is like 8 of them but not many have stood the test of time and are just plain sites now. Yeah I love Waldorf too, that loose rock slide going up to the Santiago mines from Waldorf is fun too.