PDA

View Full Version : Moab May 13-16? Anyone interested?

Aaron
April 5th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I've never been but want to go. Having someone who has been would be nice...

Pathrat
April 5th, 2010, 09:06 PM
just in case you need this:

http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm

Chris
April 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Very nice, never saw that before. I don't think all those Miatas would cause any problems on the trails!

I wonder how comprehensive that is - Cruise Moab isn't listed, a couple 100 Yotas don't rate a mention?

Aaron
April 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM
So, Stephanie, Chris. What do ya think Moab in mid may? :)

Chris
April 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Sounds good but that's a long way away for me to commit.

Andrew
April 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I will be in Moab May 5th-9th Aaron.

scout man
April 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
i might be interested, but as always depending on work and funds. I really need to goet to moab sometime this year though. I have never been before.

Pathrat
April 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM
First week of June is when I like to go. I don't mind the heat, most clubs have had their things and I can go screw around without waiting in too many lines. Still, I like going anytime!

I have no idea when I will go next. Usually I have at least one trip in by now but the snow and $ put a stomp on that.

Chris- I suppose the Toyotas should add their event at the top of the calendar page.

Haku
April 5th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I can dig it. Two Moab trips in two months doesn't sound like a problem to me, so I'm gonna try and make this one too. Sorry Andrew, going twice in two weeks is a bit much for me at this point, so I can't make that 5-9th trip, but could probably pull the 13-16th time frame.

JH

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I will be in Moab May 5th-9th Aaron.

I wish I could go that weekend Andrew. Blast...

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM
So, looks like a strong maybe from Steve and Josh. A less strong maybe from Chris. Thats enough to do the run as long as we can get some commitments. I've never been there so I will need some help planning if this gets off the ground.

Haku
April 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Put it this way, if I don't have work that comes up during that time, I will definitely be there. Honestly, it only costs me a little bit more to do Moab for a week then it does to buy food and just stay home and maybe go wheeling one day that same week. The ups and downs of being a single dude. Freedom to do what I want but no one to split the costs with.

JH

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Woohoo. Its a run. I'll probably be leaving Thursday mid afternoon and show up about 9 or 10:00. I'll be there for wheeling Friday and Saturday. Perhaps some wheeling time Sunday and then the trip home. I'll see if I can find a camping spot somewhere down there. Sound good?

Haku
April 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Sounds good to me. I'd probably caravan along with you, makes it a bunch easier. What kind of camping do you want to do? BLM site? KOA? Completely secluded site? I'll have a look around for what you want to do while I'm there at the end of this month.

JH

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Here's the calendar item...

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=197&day=2010-5-13&c=1

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Sounds good to me. I'd probably caravan along with you, makes it a bunch easier. What kind of camping do you want to do? BLM site? KOA? Completely secluded site? I'll have a look around for what you want to do while I'm there at the end of this month.

JH

I like the security of knowing where my campsite will be but dont need a pool and cable :) Established Nat Forest or BLM campgrounds are good. If we have to, we can search for good campsites

Haku
April 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
No national forest, but there are plenty of BLM sites. Sandflats (where Hells Revenge and Fins n Things are) is an option. If you can deal with traffic noise and such, there are lots of camping spots along Highway 128 and the river. If you don't mind roughing it a bit more, there is always Area BFE too. No toilets or showers, but its a cool area. I'm sure there are other places that we can go too. I don't mind being a bit further off the beaten path, so I'm cool with whatever.

JH

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Sand flats looks nice but there are no reservations. Can you usually get a site there? I'm just thinking we are probably already looking at setting up at 10:00.

Haku
April 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM
No idea on whether you can find a spot there easily. The last time I went, the group I joined already had a KOA campsite so I just stayed there. Seemed pretty crowded that time last year in Sand Flats, but not so much that we couldn't find something. I like to drive in via that Highway 128, so its the kind of thing where we could just stop at those and stay there for a night if we find a spot at one, then either stay there for a the rest of the trip, or find something in the Sand Flats area in the morning. Area BFE is always open and should have plenty of space even if there is a big group there already, so its a good standby if we really can't find anywhere else. I'll scope out a few potential spots when I am there 22nd-27th.

JH

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks Josh. I am VERY exited... :2thumbup:

scout man
April 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I am a maybe, do dont count me in yet. There is a halfway decent chance work will pop up that weekend, as it has started to do so lately. If not, I need to make sure I can afford the gas and that the fiance is ok-enough with it. I will keep you posted, but will probably be a bit last minute for me.

Aaron
April 7th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Scoutman reduced from a strong maybe to a maybe :)

scout man
April 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Scoutman reduced from a strong maybe to a maybe :)

Yea... I am more comfortable with that :thunb:

Rob
April 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM
OK, if I can get the days off work, I'm in. I'll find out Monday.

Haku
April 15th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Just found out that my sisters graduation ceremony for her graduate degree is on the 15th of May. I'm psyched for her, but bummed that it might ruin this Moab trip for me. I'd feel pretty crappy not going to this, but might be able to make part of this trip anyways. I'll have to see what timing looks like.

JH