PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to Wheel? April 17th and 24th

Aaron
April 5th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hey all,

I'm showing nothing on my calendar and on FR4x4 calendar for the 17th and 24th. As much as I like talking on this forum, I really want to get out there with the Jeep over the next few weeks. So, where do we all want to go. I like easy-moderate trails to have fun with. I'm thinking Yankee Hill, Lefthand Canyon, China Wall again? Any other suggestions. I don't mind putting it up on the calendar. I just need some more experienced folks to tell me whats open and what fun.

Thoughts?

Mporter
April 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I'd love to get out as well, but I can't on saturdays.

Aaron
April 5th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Pavement sucks. I want some dirt and rocks and mud.

Saturdays work best for us cause we are Mon-Friday folks. Sundays are nice days to get all the crap done I didnt get done when I was wheelin..

Mporter
April 5th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I hear ya. I go to school full time (high school :rolleyes:) M-F, 7-2 and then I work Tuesday/Thursday 5-10 and Saturday 9-3.

DKDunn04
April 5th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I would probably be able to swing something on the 17th.

Chris
April 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I should be able to make a run around then too.

1freaky1
April 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Wishin I could but Saturdays are out for me unless it is a trail closer to home since I have to work that night, unfortunately for the next month I need to stick around town cause my granddaughter will coming into this world here real soon.

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
So, there are 3 of us for a 17th run. Where to? Looks like the boys had a good time on Lefthand Canyon? Thoughts? Anyone who can lead this thing? I've never been there.

Toadman26
April 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Me and my brother might run china wall that Sat......

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Just did that at the anniversary run but I'm game. I just want to get out there... Any other votes?

cfr
April 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Any recent trail reports from the Ft Collins area? E.g., Sevenmile Creek or Kelly Flats?

Rob
April 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I might be in if it's Left Hand. China Wall's too far for me to do again this soon after the anniversary run.

Aaron
April 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I've never done lefthand canyon. Would love to try it out.

AccordRanger
April 6th, 2010, 10:23 PM
If its lefthand i would love to ride along if anyone has a seat.

DKDunn04
April 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I would like to give Lefthand a try, never been there.

Aaron
April 7th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Ok. Since we did China Wall a couple of weeks ago, lets do Lefthand Canyon on the 17th. Has anyone done it before? I'd rather not lead this thing...

Aaron
April 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
If its lefthand i would love to ride along if anyone has a seat.

I'll have 4 in my already crowded Jeep. I'm sure someone would love to give you a ride.

Aaron
April 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Its on the calendar. I used the same info that the gang used last week when they went. 9:00 meeting time at the trailhead. Sound good? I am fully willing to change it if there is a better place to meet.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=199&day=2010-4-17

DKDunn04
April 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I will probably have an extra seat in the XJ.

dustytrader
April 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm game for the 17th as well! Ready for some trails

Rob
April 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Ok. Since we did China Wall a couple of weeks ago, lets do Lefthand Canyon on the 17th. Has anyone done it before? I'd rather not lead this thing...

I'm still a strong maybe and I've been there a few times.

But you can also stop by the Boulder Ranger District Office (It's at 2140 Yarmouth in Boulder) and get a map (not the MVUM map, but a small map the district put out with the help of the Longmont club). They also have one for Bunce/T-33/Ironclads.

It's not a difficult trail system to figure out, but a map helps. You can also check out the MVUM online.

dustytrader
April 12th, 2010, 07:44 PM
9:30 to 10:00AM would work better for me since I am 1 1/2 hours away from trail....getting a 3 year old ready isn't always easy on a Saturday morning...lol.. If everyone else wants a 9AM meet, I will do my best to get there on time. We need a few more to RSVP...missed the anniversary run so need to meet some people

Jackie
April 12th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I might be open the 17th. I've never done Left Hand, so be honest with me... I know my Jeep can do it...but I'm not a very experienced off-roader yet. I'll also have my 5yo in tow, so nothing dangerous please. (And I'll have an open seat if anyone cares to ride along). Any snow or rain or extreme cold and I'm out.

Aaron
April 13th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I've never been on the trail but it is rated a 4/5 on traildamage which means that there might be some unavoidable obstacles, however the hardest ones should be avoidable. While reading about the last run there, it looks like you can't get to the hardest stuff on the trail because of snow so it might be a bit less than the 4/5 it is rated. I'll let others comment.

Aaron
April 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Oh, and you probably want to ask your question on the following thread.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?9327-Lefthand-Canyon-on-April-17

dustytrader
April 15th, 2010, 06:39 AM
will do my best to be there at 9am

Brody
April 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Not to worry about LHC in a stocker. There are many, many stock rigs running this trail all the time. Big Mother Hill and another trail (Fireman's Hill, maybe?) are the only 'real' obstacles on the main trail and these are actually offshoots of that and can easily be avoided. There are some other spur roads in the area that offer some harder stuff, but the 4/5 rating from traildamage seems a bit stiff to me.

But....that is in my rig and I have never really 'run' LHC as a trail destination, merely as a way to get in or out of Carnage Boulder when that was open or in the winter when the trail is considerably harder. Can't say I really noticed anything other than Big Mother or Fireman's as presenting any difficulties..

Chris
April 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I'd love to get out as well, but I can't on saturdays.

I might be open the 17th. I've never done Left Hand, so be honest with me... I know my Jeep can do it...but I'm not a very experienced off-roader yet. I'll also have my 5yo in tow, so nothing dangerous please. (And I'll have an open seat if anyone cares to ride along). Any snow or rain or extreme cold and I'm out.

Not to worry about LHC in a stocker. There are many, many stock rigs running this trail all the time. Big Mother Hill and another trail (Fireman's Hill, maybe?) are the only 'real' obstacles on the main trail and these are actually offshoots of that and can easily be avoided.

Matt & Jackie - I didn't see any RSVP for this so hope you both can make it on Sunday: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?9415-Lefthand-Canyon-2-Sunday-April-18th&p=99178