PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

RockyMtnHigh
March 25th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Since you closed your thread Chris I couldn't put my :2c: in. So I opened my own!

Maybe instead of assigning people the exclamation avatar you should use something like this.

It may give people more incentive to change it themselves! :lol:

Aaron
March 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Wow. Mary Kay goes MAD!

What the heck are those things on the roof?

Mporter
March 25th, 2010, 07:49 AM

Spiked hair brah!

Aaron
March 25th, 2010, 07:58 AM
How about this one?

Mporter
March 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Can I put a winch on it?

MelloYello
March 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I think that is a funny idea.

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Since you closed your thread Chris I couldn't put my :2c: in. So I opened my own!

Maybe instead of assigning people the exclamation avatar you should use something like this.

It may give people more incentive to change it themselves! :lol:

I had something like that but didn't want to scare people away! :eek:

RockyMtnHigh
March 25th, 2010, 10:36 AM

No clue, but even the diff is pink!!!!:(

SubaCool
March 25th, 2010, 12:17 PM
LOVE IT!! :D

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
LOVE IT!! :D

another member proves he hasn't read the rules. :(

RockyMtnHigh
March 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM

He's says he loves it, maybe it should be permanent! :lmao:

SubaCool
March 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Well, technically, I don't have a truck :redface:

.... fine, I'll stop rebelling :frown::p

Andrew
March 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Really....how many rules do we need here?

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
This is a simple one that makes sense. I can make more. ;)

SubaCool
March 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Why noooot????

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Because they are annoying. :lmao:

Zatticus
March 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Because they are annoying.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.
: )

WINKY
March 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
that is your opinion...lol

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 02:11 AM
How's this annoying??
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/723/20090621ph04.gif

Btw, I can make one for anybody that's interested (without the black bars). Just send me a PM.

Lysmachia
March 26th, 2010, 06:05 AM
I'm gonna side with Chris.... Even with a 4x4 gif, it's distracting. But that's just me.

.....OOOH! Look at the pretty kitty!

JeffX
March 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Are you saying 'fluffy' is annoying?

http://www.whitescarver.com/jeffscarver/Owned/catbeer.gif

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for siding with me Molly but that's not a pic of your truck I'm seeing as your avatar. :(

Red Rhino
March 26th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Umm good, a cat fattened up on beer is good eaten.
Very funny , Jeff.

Bryan

Lysmachia
March 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for siding with me Molly but that's not a pic of your truck I'm seeing as your avatar. :(

I use Jessica Rabbit as my avatar on all my forums (It started because I was a mod on several) People recognize me that way. Besides, what good is a non running truck I can't even drive? :D

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Besides, what good is a non running truck I can't even drive?
Hey, I don't even have a truck to drive!!! :p

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I use Jessica Rabbit as my avatar on all my forums (It started because I was a mod on several) People recognize me that way. Besides, what good is a non running truck I can't even drive? :D

As a mod you know what happens when you make an exception for one. ;)

Andrew
March 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM

What about the other 3 (2 if you cout a bicycle as a rig)?

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Jesse's bicycle is acceptable because he's 10 years old, vendors choosing to display their company are exempt because one of these days they'll be moved off of the registered users list.

Apparently a few people are stubborn but I'm persistent.

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 04:53 PM
What about the other 3 (2 if you cout a bicycle as a rig)?
Did you count yourself too? :p:p:p (I'm telling!! :p)

RockyMtnHigh
March 26th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Did you count yourself too? :p:p:p (I'm telling!! :p)

It's a picture of his rig I bet, just a really close up one! :lol:

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I know, I'm just picking on him ;)

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 06:29 PM

Showing off the best feature? :erm:

Andrew
March 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
It is my rig.

It's just kind of making a point. But my avatar is usually the rig anyway.

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not going to argue the validity and I'm not about to make additional rules. Most people use their truck already and it really helps connect people to rigs.

Simple enough concept and really not something that would strike me as creating an uprising.

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
an uprising.

And the hoi polloi take up their pitchforks and torches. :)

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
:eek:

RockyMtnHigh
March 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Oh, another opportunity to use:

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Oh, another opportunity to use
^^^ :thunb: ^^^

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM

You must have a quick key set up for that photo. :D

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM

You must have a quick key set up for that photo. :D

Lysmachia
March 26th, 2010, 11:20 PM

OOps, I didn't realize that the avatar had to be rig related. My bad. And as a mod on other forums I should have somehow read a rule some-where saying so... So avatar changed ;)

RockyMtnHigh
March 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I should have somehow read a rule some-where saying so...

Don't worry Molly it's a new one!

Chris is always changing stuff around. I think it has to do with being retired (notice I didn't say old), it's the modern day version of sitting on the porch and whittling wood, notice the colors of the forum, kind of the same colors as a chunk of wood. :lol:

Chris
March 27th, 2010, 05:44 AM
It's tough to fill all the hours in a day when you're not punching a time clock! :D

Being a bit Obessive-Complusive probably contributes too. :erm:

RockyMtnHigh
March 27th, 2010, 05:55 AM
It's tough to fill all the hours in a day when you're not punching a time clock!

Get them shoulders working and I will help you fill those hours with some time on the water fishing!:thunb:

Chris
March 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I'm working on them Jock, started PT this week in an attempt to put surgery off until I'm old. ;)

Lysmachia
March 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm working on them Jock, started PT this week in an attempt to put surgery off until I'm old. ;)

Rotator Cuff?

Pathrat
March 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Chris is always changing stuff around. I think it has to do with being retired (notice I didn't say old), it's the modern day version of sitting on the porch and whittling wood, notice the colors of the forum, kind of the same colors as a chunk of wood.

Love this! :lmao:

Chris
March 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Rotator Cuff?

Yep, rotator cuff partial layer tear, impingement, bursitis, arthritis in both shoulders. In other words, almost 60 years of wear & tear. :erm:

Lysmachia
March 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My dad had both of his done. I guess it's normal..... I hope you heal well!!!

1freaky1
March 29th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I can relate to that injury all too well Chris, I have the same thing in my right shoulder to include a cyst right smak in the middle of the socket, which is pushing the upper arm bone out of the socket.

Chris
March 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Since someone who will go un-named reminded me I'm as old as most of your fathers I'll offer some fatherly advice. :lmao:

Don't let these kind of things limit your movement as I have the last 10 or so years because the result is muscle atrophy that makes it worse. I'm in the process of rebuilding my strength thus shoulder stability and it sucks.

RockyMtnHigh
March 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Since someone who will go un-named reminded me I'm as old as most of your fathers I'll offer some fatherly advice.

Whaaa? I just said retired! :lol:

Chris
March 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Aha! Now I know another member that jumps to the end of a thread! :erm:

Rob
March 29th, 2010, 11:09 PM
In other words, almost 60 years of wear & tear. :erm:
Dang, I have only 52 years of wear and tear and my shoulders hurt when I just think about moving them. Then on Sunday, my left kneecap took on my air compressor, mano a mano, and the compressor won. Later I bumped that knee on a cabinet door handle in the kitchen and almost passed out. Someone needs to take a tool safety course.

scout man
March 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I just hope I can still move enough to function when I am your guys age. I am still young, and my body hurts like hell and has taken some serious wear. At this rate I will be in a wheelchair by the time I am 50. Then again, things like flipping head first of my bike onto pavement today doesnt really help my chances either. The fiance has always said she is going to build me a padded room, and I think that could be pretty sweet!! :D

Rob
March 29th, 2010, 11:21 PM
You just build up a tolerance to pain, Steve. That's the trick to getting old. And stay away from surgeons. Ask Chris. Surgeons are trained to cut. So to them, the solution to every problem starts with a scalpel. ;)

Chris
March 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Yep, I'm a doctor shopper! They say it's time to cut and I'm gone!

Right on with the tolerance, my orthopedist says she's never met someone with the pain tolerance I have.

I'll have to compile a list of not-cut-happy docs for the younger folks to refer to in the future. ;)

Hulk
March 30th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Yep, rotator cuff partial layer tear, impingement, bursitis, arthritis in both shoulders. In other words, almost 60 years of wear & tear. :erm:

Wow. Scary stuff. I messed up my right shoulder about a month ago and it's still not recovered. I'm now on a beer and ibuprofen recovery regimen.

I made an educated guess than my normal "Hulk" forum icon (that I use on about a half dozen forums) got deleted because it wasn't my truck. I created a new forum icon, uploaded it, then saw this thread. :rolleyes:

RockyMtnHigh
March 30th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Yep, I'm a doctor shopper! They say it's time to cut and I'm gone!

I don't generally like to discuss people's beliefs on medical procedures, unless it poses a immediate health risk. Something of this nature which doesn't, I have to agree with you on, cutting should be the last resort. If my general practitioner had his way about 10 years ago, I would have had my 3 lower vertebrae fused as well as I believe 4 in my neck. I went and saw a doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and through a series manipulations I was good to go again or at least better than I would have been with a fusion. I have a buddy who has his neck fused and and cannot turn around and look at anything unless he turns his whole body. Some doctors seem to be a little too quick to prescribe pain meds and cut when it's not really needed.

Chris
March 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Yep, I'd have 2 lumbar and 1 sacro discs fused as well. Trouble is that it doesn't always fix the problem and can result in unfixable pain as I know happened to a few people I know, one was neck fusion and he's miserable and a pain med addict now.

I'm too young for that. ;)

Pathrat
March 30th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I did get the neck fusion and it helped immensely. This was after a year of putting up with an impinged nerve that couldn't be fixed without surgically removing the piece of disc that was squishing it. I was probably ruining my liver with all the ibuprofin.

HOWEVER, I do not want my knees cut on. My knee doc fixed me with a single shot and took the what is best for me and my situation approach. I have exposure to a lot of surgeons on a daily basis, and thus I recommend:

Dr Ted Parks of Western Orthopaedics in Denver. Great guy, built his own car, talented painter, excellent physician.

MissyJ
March 31st, 2010, 12:16 AM
OMG!! I would SOOOOO drive the pink hummer!!! lol