PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Rock - Sunday April 11

foxtrot
March 17th, 2010, 10:45 PM
anyone up for eagle rock on the 11th? never ran it before and now I have a rig capable of it

JeffX
March 18th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Do you have chains? How many trails have you run with this rig? This trail, at this time of year, will expose the weaknesses of any rig or driver. The off-camber section is probably a sheet of ice right now. There's actually been some good snow up there this month. That said, if it's 70 degrees for the next 3 1/2 weeks, it might be fine.

I might be able to make it.

A quote from 2/21 (http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=163192):

Yeah, great group, although not having a winch, slowed the rest of the group down (sorry guys), but it's not likely you'll get thru there without a winch right now. Maybe with chains. Had a blast wheeling and meeting you guys!

Max and I ended up rescuing that stock FJ. He wanted to turn around and decided it would be easier on the far side of the creek. Maybe it was, but coming back over the ice bridge, he fell thru and was going no where! Out came Max's winch and we got him out of there. Not a couple more miles down the road, a guy flagged us down and said he was stuck in DEEP powder in his exploder. Just another guy just looking for somewhere to turn around, but made a bad decision to drive off the Old Stage a 1/4 mile to do so and got himself stuck. Again, Max to the rescue and we got him headed back down the main road.

As we approached the Broadmoor, there was a xterra that made a nose dive down into the ditch. He was nearly vertical, but a tow truck was on the scene so we made our way down the mountain.

All-in-all a great day and I look forward to doing it again. I am spent! Good night!

J.D.

Red Rhino
March 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I would love to go. I have never run Eagle Rock. We can keep a watch on the snow. I love a challenge and I have a Winch.

Bryan

foxtrot
March 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
that sounds good, what time do you guys want to meet at the home depot?

foxtrot
March 19th, 2010, 11:34 PM
sounds good, shall I put it on the calendar?

Volcom
March 21st, 2010, 12:20 AM
I ran it last year on 3/21 and it was mostly clear. My main wheeling club I run with is running Eagle Rock on the 27th, I'll let you know what they run into that day.