PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour!

Skippy
March 9th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hello, thanks for letting me join this fine establishment! i have been a "long" time browser and finally decided to join you all.

I own a white 94 toyota pickup (ifs:D) that im tryin to build into a good starter truck.

Being a young'n at 17 im still a little weak on my skill ,but i hope to learn and improve. Maybe with so help from all of you...

hope to get some pics up soon.

scout man
March 9th, 2010, 08:42 PM
welcome aboard! no more stalking us in the shadows :D

JeffX
March 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Welcome!

Haku
March 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome.....always nice to see new members. Even better to have a long time lurker come out of the dark.

JH

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome.

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Welcome,
Glad to see your no longer lurking,
Now theres three? 17 year olds working on project trucks
;p

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Now theres three? 17 year olds working on project trucks

Just make sure they're done before you're married with kids. :D

Pathrat
March 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM

But why? They will have two incomes and kids to help with chores, and that means time and money for truck projects!

And welcome to FrontRange

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
But only if we get wives that are cool with that,

and then by the time the kids get old enough to help,
well,
that just takes too long.
D;

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the range!

From yet another 17 year old yota owner

foxtrot
March 9th, 2010, 10:19 PM
welcome! my current Girlfriend and probable wife loves wheelin', and its awesome. guess I'm lucky :) I don't know if I can deal with all you youngins :P

Skippy
March 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Put some pics in the garage! :thunb:

scout man
March 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM

Well, I am failing on the marriage part, but she has been informed that there will not be kids until I am content with the amount of money I have put into the scout. She understands, doesnt want them for at least 5 years anyways.

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Well, I am failing on the marriage part, but she has been informed that there will not be kids until I am content with the amount of money I have put into the scout. She understands, doesnt want them for at least 5 years anyways.

Nice marital agreement there!

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Put some pics in the garage!

Without a pronoun, that sounds like an imperative. (You've been grammared.:lmao:)

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 10:31 PM
there will not be kids until I am content with the amount of money I have put into the scout

So who's gonna work on your rig when you're too old to weld? (Ooh! Ooh! I got to make an old joke!) :D

Chris
March 9th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Geez, hijacking a thread is one thing but hijacking an intro thread?

Welcome Skippy, these guys aren't very disciplined. :tisktisk:

scout man
March 9th, 2010, 10:33 PM
So who's gonna work on your rig when you're too old to weld? (Ooh! Ooh! I got to make an old joke!) :D

well, Skippy here is only 17, and there are a few others around, I am sure these nice young men will pitch in when I am your age!

Mporter
Ok well ill try to lead them back on topic.

What are your plans? Body lift, lift kit, SAS, tires, sliders, bumpers???

Post up if you need any help, seeing as how you're in Golden, I can probably give a hand if/when you decide stuff to upgrade.

Rob
Geez, hijacking a thread is one thing but hijacking an intro thread?

But, Dad, Zatticus started it!

Sorry, Skippy. I'll go look at your pics now. Fully chastened. :redface:

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I did not,
Pathrat did.
Mentioning wives and whatnot,

And I'd be willing to give you a hand as well,
I'm tryina learn all I can here.
:D

btw, I was there when Your dad and Pete put on the sliders.
;p

Pathrat
March 9th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I did not, Pathrat did. Mentioning wives and whatnot,

this was so DrOldUnit!!!

Chris, we are just giving the new kid an accurate view of the fun, entertainment and information this great forum provides!

Haku
March 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Just like she understood the same thing about getting married;)?

JH

scout man
March 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I never claimed an understanding there, I just put my foot down and she had to deal with it!

BlackRubi
March 9th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for no longer being creepy!
Welcome!

Rusty
March 10th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks for no longer being creepy!
Welcome!

what he said, lmao

Brody
March 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hello, thanks for letting me join this fine establishment! i have been a "long" time browser and finally decided to join you all.

I own a white 94 toyota pickup (ifs:D) that im tryin to build into a good starter truck.

Being a young'n at 17 im still a little weak on my skill ,but i hope to learn and improve. Maybe with so help from all of you...

hope to get some pics up soon.

Ha....I know that truck! I just put sliders on it Sunday! Met your dad (Metalhed), too. (Please correct me if I am wrong....)

Ce Va! Welcome to the forum. You have a very nice truck there, BTW, super clean and looking good. Anything you need help with...questions, etc...please ask and someone will answer them. Good to see some more young blood on the forum to balance out the old blood at the other end!

BTW, my heap started out as a 94 extended cab....Really like the white on white look with the rearand front tube bumpers also painted white. It really makes it look clean...

You are welcome to stop by any time and take a look at my heap to see what I have done to it. I think you are only about 15 minutes away. Give a call 303-507-3066 or PM me. I need to double check the welds I did on the driver's side in the near dark anyway..

1freaky1
March 10th, 2010, 07:29 AM
But why? They will have two incomes and kids to help with chores, and that means time and money for truck projects!

Welcome and Stephanie are you dreaming again?

Smash
March 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Lol, welcome Skippy! You gonna come on the anniversary run next weekend?

Metalhed
March 10th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Skippy nice to meet you finally. I see you truck in my driveway everyday and have yet to meet you.
gotta go
Late
your Dad, Metalhed

Get a job

Mporter
March 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Get a job

subtle

Funrover
March 10th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Welcome!

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Get a job
If only it were that easy.

Brody
March 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
subtle

Younger people (and many other people as well) do not understand the word subtle. I only understand it as I am about as subtle as a sackful of bricks upside the head...

Haku
March 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
If only it were that easy.

Ain't that the truth.

JH

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
do not understand the word subtle

Sub-tle:[suht-l]
–adjective,-tler, -tlest.
1.thin, tenuous, or rarefied, as a fluid or an odor.

2.fine or delicate in meaning or intent; difficult to perceive or understand: subtle irony.

3.delicate or faint and mysterious: a subtle smile.

4.requiring mental acuteness, penetration, or discernment: a subtle philosophy.

5.characterized by mental acuteness or penetration: a subtle understanding.

6.cunning, wily, or crafty: a subtle liar.

7.insidious in operation: subtle poison.

8.skillful, clever, or ingenious: a subtle painter.

Fordguy77
March 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Welcome To The Group, I have not a clue as to how to work on a yota, but know my way around a car for the most part, need a hand let me know, i am not far away.

Mporter
March 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Here comes a nice chastising... "you youngsters and your smart ass comments!!!"

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
lol,
imma youngster
not an oldster.

:D

Fordguy77
March 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Younger people (and many other people as well) do not understand the word subtle. I only understand it as I am about as subtle as a sackful of bricks upside the head...
thats very subtle till ya wake up!

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Skippy nice to meet you finally. I see you truck in my driveway everyday and have yet to meet you.
gotta go
Late
your Dad, Metalhed

Get a job

This sounds exactly like my dad when I was that age. In fact, since I am unemployed now, this still sounds like my dad!

Fordguy77
March 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
This sounds exactly like my dad when I was that age. In fact, since I am unemployed now, this still sounds like my dad!

mine was get a job or get out of the house. sounds like ya got lucky!

MelloYello
March 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Welcome!

Skippy
March 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Ha....I know that truck! I just put sliders on it Sunday! Met your dad (Metalhed), too. (Please correct me if I am wrong....)

Ce Va! Welcome to the forum. You have a very nice truck there, BTW, super clean and looking good. Anything you need help with...questions, etc...please ask and someone will answer them. Good to see some more young blood on the forum to balance out the old blood at the other end!

BTW, my heap started out as a 94 extended cab....Really like the white on white look with the rearand front tube bumpers also painted white. It really makes it look clean...

You are welcome to stop by any time and take a look at my heap to see what I have done to it. I think you are only about 15 minutes away. Give a call 303-507-3066 or PM me. I need to double check the welds I did on the driver's side in the near dark anyway..

Metalhed ? never heard of him:confused: jk

Je vais tres bien. Well, back to english, thanks for putting those on for me they look GREAT!

KnuckleHead
March 10th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome aboard....

Pathrat
March 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Must have momentarily slipped into an alternate universe :rolleyes:

Pathrat
March 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM
gotta go
Late
your Dad, Metalhed

Get a job

last line was PRICELESS! :lmao:

Rob
March 10th, 2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks for stepping in. I didn't want to burst her bubble.

Brody
March 11th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Must have momentarily slipped into an alternate universe :rolleyes:

Took a wrong turn on the astral plane is more like it....

Warrlord
March 12th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Welcome aboard