PDA

View Full Version : Nice video to check out!!!

1freaky1
February 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM
A lady acquaintance of mine does these videos when she is out wheeling in her stock cherokee. So take a look at what she has done videos of so far, they are mostly of old mining areas down in southern Colorado. She also does this wesite; http://coloradovibes.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5MytnF8PJY

I am thinking of possibly going down there in late july or early august if anyone is interested let me know and I will research the old mines in that area to check out.

Chris
February 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
I don't have the patience to watch 9:33 of video but I do like the idea of what she's doing. There are tons of mines in that area, Barb & I like to go a couple times a year so we'd be interested if folks want to spend time poking around rather than drive by saying "there's another mine."

SubaCool
February 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
I've seen a few of her videos, and while long, they provide some good info on the areas. We're hoping to go explore the San Juans this year in the Subie. Just gonna play it by ear, like we did last year, but there are a lot of trails down that way that are just begging to be driven/hiked.

scout man
February 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
i think that sounds fun, pending my work situtation. I may even be able to convince the fiance to come on this one, we both like poking around old mines, and she isnt much of one for hardcore wheeling.

Mporter
February 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM
I don't have the patience to watch 9:33 of video

X2!

AccordRanger
February 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
Sounds great ive always wanted to go down there!

KnuckleHead
February 21st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Skimmed the video, looks good and cool place to go check out.

MelloYello
February 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
I liked the vid. For me, this is a big part of why I 4-wheel... beautiful scenery. Thanks for the post. I will check out her other stuff.

CR
February 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I would love to do more mine exploring.
I've got a book from the early 70s called Colorado ghost towns and mining camps. Great info. Lots of neat mines around the gold hill area too.

Chris
February 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I think I have that one too CR, if it's the same one it gets real disappointing because what the show and describe has often vanished since printing. They show photos and when you get there it's just a pile of rubble or nothing at all.

Smash
February 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Mine exploring weekends are on our list to do this summer. 2 days + 1 night camping.

1freaky1
February 25th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah I really like to explore the old ghost towns and mines, since it is in my family history here in Colorado.

CR
February 25th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Even though sometimes there are nothing but piles of rubble, it is sure neat to read about how they used to be, and I sorta try to put myself in those times and imagine how it woulda been. Then sifting through the rubble I find myself wondering, now what do you suppose this piece of gear was installed on and how did it work?
I really wish I would've been around during those days. Colorado History Rocks.

Smash
February 25th, 2010, 10:18 AM
We'll definitely post up when we get some weekends picked out. We'll need help with route planning, and would be great to have some company!

CR
February 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm def. in for that Smash.

Smash
February 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Awesome!

Rob
February 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Even though sometimes there are nothing but piles of rubble, it is sure neat to read about how they used to be, and I sorta try to put myself in those times and imagine how it woulda been. Then sifting through the rubble I find myself wondering, now what do you suppose this piece of gear was installed on and how did it work?
I really wish I would've been around during those days. Colorado History Rocks.

You should check out Mosquito Pass. Jock and I walked around a crazy mine site there. You'd dig it.

1freaky1
February 26th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I enjoy doing the same thing and do a lot of research on the equipment and supplies they had back then. We ofter will find some of the smaller pieces of ore that did not get processed. Everyonce in a while I find a nice chunk too. Now all I need to do is figure out how to safely process the ore (gold, silver, copper) I have.

Rob
February 27th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Now all I need to do is figure out how to safely process the ore (gold, silver, copper) I have.

Safely is the key word. You don't want to be messing with arsenic and other nasty processing chemicals.

1freaky1
March 2nd, 2010, 06:02 AM
After I go thru the crushing process been thinking I need a crucible and melt it all down, makes me miss foundry work.