PDA

View Full Version : AMSOIL - 10% FR discount!

ROKTAXI
February 18th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I'm a certified T-1 AMSOILl dealer.

For those not familiar with the AMSOIL products, let me send you a catalog to get things started.

If you have specific information you're looking for, I also have technical data available for motorcycle oil, air filtration, and many other applications.

Any quantity, any product 10% off the factory direct catalog price. Shipping costs and sales tax will be applied.

PM me for any questions you may have.

Looking forward to serving you! And when I get moved to Loveland, wheeling with you all!!

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Hey I didn't know that.

My Suburban has a huge dual oil filter setup in the engine bay. 2 big amsoil filters. Can you tell me more about the setup? I don't have a picture, but can try to get one later.

ROKTAXI
February 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM
That set up may be AMSOIL's Dual Remote Oil Filtration Kit. Do you have the stock filter location as well? If you have the stock filter location as well, you may have what's called a By-Pass filter system. If you can get me a picture or a filter # I can hopefully give more info.

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
No clue if the original filter is there, haven't looked. PO said he had it installed to replace the OEM filtration and that it "doesn't have to be changed for 100,000 miles." Doesn't sound right to me. I will get you some pics though!

ROKTAXI
February 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Generally speaking, you can go up to 3 times the OEM's recommended change intervals. That varies with the application and the year of the vehicle and the products used. Some AMSOIL products have a 25K mile / one year change interval. AMSOIL's By-Pass oil filtration system can go as long as 40K- 60K miles between filter changes, but that system still uses the stock oil filter location as well.

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, it's all a concern to me. I did change the oil when I got the truck and it looked pretty good. But, did not change those huge filters. Ideally I'd like to get them off completely and return to a regular spin on filter. Has a lot to do with the fact that a) they leak and b) they are mounted on the fender well which is tearing around the mount.

ROKTAXI
February 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
You may be right about going back to the stock setup. For normal applications, a single filter does just fine. Only for HD applications, mostly having to do with high annual mileage and dirt roads does the dual filter make sense. For those that want more than a single stock filter, the By-Pass system is a great way to go as that filter has a much longer change interval as I previously mentioned.

Medic-5150
February 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I'll be in touch. I need to change my tranny and t-case. No funds at the moment though.

Brody
February 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Ash...is this what you are looking at on your rig? The double filter, plus the bypass arrangement? Remind me when you are over here Saturday getting the rain gutter fixed to look at where the filter mount is tearing the body metal. I may be able to do a quick weld fix on it. Sent you a PM with my address, too.

RockyMtnHigh
February 18th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Sending you a PM with my address for a catalog.

Rob
February 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Marty, when are you moving to Loveland, so we don't have to pay shipping? :)

Smash
February 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Ash...is this what you are looking at on your rig? The double filter, plus the bypass arrangement? Remind me when you are over here Saturday getting the rain gutter fixed to look at where the filter mount is tearing the body metal. I may be able to do a quick weld fix on it. Sent you a PM with my address, too.

Yeah that's it. While we're working tomorrow I want to see if I can locate an OEM filter too, or if the PO replaced it with these.

Huge thanks for the quick fix on the fender well.

ROKTAXI
February 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Marty, when are you moving to Loveland, so we don't have to pay shipping? :)

Our house is up for sale, so as soon as it sells we're gone. But with this market it may take a while... maybe a year??

As for the shipping costs, the only way to offset it is by picking it up at an AMSOIL warehouse. However, by combining orders, the shipping costs can be greatly reduced. So whether it's shipped to you or me, there is no shipping cost difference. Maybe the way to do it is to have several orders shipped to one location and then split the shipping appropriately?? When you and others get ready to order I'll run it by them and see if that's workable.

RockyMtnHigh
February 25th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I got the catalog in the mail yesterday, not quite ready for the order yet, but I will be doing everything I mentioned in the PM to you including the zerk fittings, may as well get it all at once.

By the way, thanks Marty!

ROKTAXI
February 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Jock, just post up when you get ready. There may be others that want some as well. If shipping can be combined with some other orders, shipping costs can be reduced.

Red Rhino
February 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM

For those not familiar with the AMSOIL products, let me send you a catalog to get things started.

If you have specific information you're looking for, I also have technical data available for motorcycle oil, air filtration, and many other applications.

Any quantity, any product 10% off the factory direct catalog price. Shipping costs and sales tax will be applied.

Looking forward to serving you! And when I get moved to Loveland, wheeling with you all!!

I would like a catalog as well. I will send you a PM.

Thanks,

Bryan

ROKTAXI
March 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM

I now have a website to make it easier to look up products and be able to go directly to AMSOIL's website!
http://www.lubedealer.com/martyavalos

Chris
March 15th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Congratulations on the website Marty, I've added it to Friends of Front Range 4x4. :thunb: