PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Anniversary Run Food Thread

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Hello all:

As we did the year before, Hugh, aka Gatemonkey, and I will be handling the hot dog grilling duties. We will be providing the grills and accessories to grill, and the hot dogs.

We, and all others who will sign up to bring items for lunch, need an accurate count of how many people will be on this run. In the RSVP section, please state how many will be in your party. If we don't know how many are coming, Funrover and Winky might not get any big weiners and this will really displease them. Let's all avoid that. If you want to bring and grill your own meat, bring everything you need to do this. Hugh and I are bringing two grills just for hot dogs.

We need:

hot dog buns
paper plates
napkins
plastic utensils
chips
macaroni/potato salad WITH serving spoons
brownies/cookies/lard cakes
BYOB? I think this will work better.
almost forgot CONDIMENTS

Please sign up here for what you will bring and for how many. I know some of these items for 50 or more people can add up in cost so feel free to sign up for half and let others sign up for the other half. Given how many of us show up for this, we should have enough people volunteering to bring lunch that everyone will be taken care of.

-Stephanie and Hugh

Updates on sign-ups:
hot dog buns: Chris and Brody
5 bags chips: Mporter
RedRhino- at least 60 paper plates
DrOldUnit: paper towels AND choco-chip cookies
Winky: Ho-ho's or other such mixes of lard and sugar (save me one!)
Greenmachine: potato salad
Rusty- lots of miscellaneous goodies
DirtClaude: utensils, bottle each ketchup and mustard
Foxtrot: 30 brownies

Rusty
February 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Depending on the terrain to the "meeting/grilling" location (I've never been to Metberry Gulch) I was going to trailer a couple grills and food too, Ribs, chicken, wings and brats, my contribution. Plates, paper towels, cutlery, and condiments should fill 15-20 bellies or who ever just wants to eat, garbage bags too. I like food, I don't work in restaurants anymore (thank god) but it's what I do. "If" im able to bring a trailer I'll be coming with 2-3 others.

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Rusty, feel free and everyone needs to read your post that you are graciously bringing enough for 15 others, not every single person who shows up. We will deduct that number from the total people going?
Thanks

Smash
February 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wow that's a lot of food Rob! At this point I'm unfortunately not in much of a position to be helping out. Will probably just make sure Karla and I are fed (leftovers most likely) so to not encroach on the group food as I might not be able to contribute.

Mporter
February 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I can probably swing some chips and napkins/plates/etc.

Pathrat
February 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I can probably swing some chips and napkins/plates/etc.

Hi,
will you please be more specific and post how many of what items you will for sure be bringing? It will help others decide what to bring to augment your contribution.
Thanks

WINKY
February 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Funrover and Winky might not get any big weiners and this will really displease them. Let's all avoid that.

No lardcakes for you MISSY!..... no really if i go i will provide lardcakes. (although no one wanted any last time more for me!)

Wow that's a lot of food Rob! At this point I'm unfortunately not in much of a position to be helping out. Will probably just make sure Karla and I are fed (leftovers most likely) so to not encroach on the group food as I might not be able to contribute.

Ash, dont sweat this man, we are family here you are contributing just by showing up and being part of the group. I usually tell those that are modest to kindly shut up and enjoy it! (hugs!)

I might still bring some more stuff as well, figure i will give for a good cause for the group.

Pathrat
February 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
No lardcakes for you MISSY!..... no really if i go i will provide lardcakes. (although no one wanted any last time more for me!)

I don't know what is wrong with people. Sugar and lard = happy. If you brought Ho-Ho's, fights would break out over them. :lmao:

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Some of us didn't know you had the lardcakes until we got lost following Path's lead. As I remember the lost people did justice to what remained while we scratched our heads trying to figure out where we were. :lmao:

scout man
February 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
i dont know what we will be able to afford food wise, but I will make it up to everyone by providing a bunch of stuff for the giveaways... I just picked up a whole pile of 4x4 stuff today.

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
No lardcakes for you MISSY!

You talking to Ash here Winky? Surely not our new member MissyJ. ;)

Ash, dont sweat this man, we are family here you are contributing just by showing up and being part of the group. I usually tell those that are modest to kindly shut up and enjoy it! (hugs!)

Damn right!

Seriously if anyone's thinking about not coming because they can't afford to bring food put that behind you right now! :thunb:

Smash
February 16th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Haha, we'll be there either way! Hoping to help Rusty out with hauling stuff up. We won't be camping, and will be sans dogs (due to others bringing dogs, my lab x will just make trouble) so will have plenty of room.

WINKY
February 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
You talking to Ash here Winky? Surely not our new member MissyJ. ;)

I was referring to that lady called pathrat.... whoever she is... missy is my sarcastic catchall word instead of saying ma'am... :D

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM
As we get closer and have a good idea of how many to expect I think it would be a good idea to lay out what's still needed so we don't have everyone picking up dogs as they head down to Metberry. A quick count just done looks like 19 trucks & 33 people today. Hoping it doubles that!

Another way of putting this idea is to put Stephanie on task to tell us what's needed. IIRC she did a great job doing it last year saying stuff like "Chris, bring x bags of chips!" for the wishy-washy among us. :o

Red Rhino
February 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I will bring what ever is needed. Just let me know.

You can never have enough Food or Horsepower.

Bryan

Rusty
February 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
delete please

Pathrat
February 16th, 2010, 10:49 PM
delete clean up

Mporter
February 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Stephanie, I can reasonably assume that 1 average size bag of chips will feed about 4-5 people. So with approx. 33 people, I can probably bring like 5-6 or so bags of chips.

Tell me if this works for you all.

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
MPORTER- 5-6 bags chips
(thank you!)

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Another way of putting this idea is to put Stephanie on task to tell us what's needed. IIRC she did a great job doing it last year saying stuff like "Chris, bring x bags of chips!" for the wishy-washy among us.

Stephanie the Slave Driver :smokin:

Please see the first post for what we need. As people sign up for the run and what is being brought, I will keep track and tell everyone what is needed, and assign names if I need to. It doesn't look like we are close enough for an accurate count just yet.

to reiterate:

WE NEED buns, utensils, plates, sides, condiments, cookies and a roll of paper towels or 100ct pack of napkins!

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I will bring what ever is needed. Just let me know.

You can never have enough Food or Horsepower.

Bryan

How do you feel about paper plates?

Brody
February 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Well, if you really want to know, I think they taste like...well...paper.

We will bring something too. Just give us an idea. We could bring some egg cartons. While they still maintain a papery taste, they do have a slightly different texture to them....:D

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Well, if you really want to know, I think they taste like...well...paper.

We will bring something too. Just give us an idea. We could bring some egg cartons. While they still maintain a papery taste, they do have a slightly different texture to them....:D

You just need to bring a beating stick with a grip that fits my hand. :D

How about half the buns, like four packages of eight? Someone else can bring the other four packages

Brody
February 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM

How about half the buns, like four packages of eight? Someone else can bring the other four packages

Works for me. Are you talking hamburger or hot dog buns?

Would a 26" ASP work instead of a beating stick? It is a collapsible steel police baton and I have it with me all the time....Wait....you weren't considering using on ME were you??!!:eek:

Chris
February 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM

I'll bring a 5lber

I'll bring the other half - 4pkgs

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hot dog buns.

Check, Chris and Brody.

Beating stick

Check, multiple contributors :D

WINKY
February 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Stephanie, im bringing the lardcakes and ho's.... i mean ho-ho's

Mporter
February 17th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Im not sure how much plates and napkins and stuff we would need, but I can probably pick up a pack of either as well.

Brody
February 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hot dog buns.

Check, Chris and Brody.

Beating stick

Check, multiple contributors :D

Unhhhhhhhhhhhh....LaDawn saw this and wants a beating stick, too...She thought you had a great thing going...

Rob
February 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'll bring cookies! And a couple rolls of paper towels.

Any preference on cookies? (Speak up or I'll bring nothing but chocolate chip.)

Pathrat
February 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Looks good. Mporter- no need for napkins, DrUnit is bringing paper towels.

WINKY
February 17th, 2010, 10:19 PM
i like nothing but chocolate chip cookies!

Red Rhino
February 17th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Sounds good. I will do.

Thanks

Bryan

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Pathrat, what else do you need? I have a coin jar that needs to go to the bank. :)

Jackie
February 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I know in the RSVP I signed myself up as a STRONG maybe. But the only thing forseeable that could hold me back is the weather (which is probably true for a lot of people). So being an optomist... put me down for a pot of home-made chili and a couple pounds of shredded cheese to compliment the dogs. Be warned... my chili recipe is really good but it does have chili beans in it! If anyone wants to make a batch of "beanless chili" as an alternative, I'll be bringing a two burner camp stove and you can use one of the burners to heat it up! I'll also bring plastic bowls and spoons in case anyoneone wants it for more than just a topping

Pathrat
February 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Pathrat, what else do you need? I have a coin jar that needs to go to the bank. :)

Thank you. Look at the first post in this thread and pick something that suits you. :)

Pathrat
February 18th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Sounds good. I will do.

Thanks

Bryan

Can you bring 60 or do you want to bring 30 and I will ask someone to bring another 30?

Pathrat
February 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I know in the RSVP I signed myself up as a STRONG maybe. But the only thing forseeable that could hold me back is the weather (which is probably true for a lot of people). So being an optomist... put me down for a pot of home-made chili and a couple pounds of shredded cheese to compliment the dogs. Be warned... my chili recipe is really good but it does have chili beans in it! If anyone wants to make a batch of "beanless chili" as an alternative, I'll be bringing a two burner camp stove and you can use one of the burners to heat it up! I'll also bring plastic bowls and spoons in case anyoneone wants it for more than just a topping

Sounds pretty good!

Pathrat
February 18th, 2010, 10:18 PM
So far is see 40 people on the YES list.

It looks like we will need to have at least 60 dogs and buns if we have as many people as it looks like we will have. I am asking for 60 paper plates too. If you are volunteering to bring things, please let me know if you will be bringing items for all of our participants or if you want to bring half the quantity needed of whatever it is.

If anyone wants to help me keep track of the total number, please post up here. Thanks.

Smash
February 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
So we are good on napkins right? Didn't see that under the "update" section of the first post.

I will hit up costco, see what they have for sides in bulk. Will report back.

Pathrat
February 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM
So we are good on napkins right? Didn't see that under the "update" section of the first post.

I will hit up costco, see what they have for sides in bulk. Will report back.

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Rob
February 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks, I'll fix that.

You haven't updated the OP to show I'm bringing chocolate chip cookies, either. :rolleyes:

Pathrat
February 19th, 2010, 10:52 PM
You haven't updated the OP to show I'm bringing chocolate chip cookies, either. :rolleyes:

I just didn't believe you would come through with the goods.

(:lmao: KIDDING)

Rob
February 19th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I just didn't believe you would come through with the goods.

Heck, I already bought five bags, ate them all, then bought five more. We'll see how long they last.

Rusty
February 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
ok since recieving almost no reply about a trailer from multiple places and the fact I found out it's 3 hours away I'll be bringing less than planned. Put me down offically for potato salad (mustard blend not traditional american), chicken wings (enough), brats (enough) and buns for said brats. I might also be coming by myself which would mean more cargo room. I know the wings and brats are outside the "menu" set forth but will be avaliable to all.

Pathrat
February 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM
ok since recieving almost no reply about a trailer from multiple places and the fact I found out it's 3 hours away I'll be bringing less than planned. Put me down offically for potato salad (mustard blend not traditional american), chicken wings (enough), brats (enough) and buns for said brats. I might also be coming by myself which would mean more cargo room. I know the wings and brats are outside the "menu" set forth but will be avaliable to all.

Whatever you want to bring is fine, on the menu or off. "my menu" is what is required to provide for the entire group. Would you like me to put you down for potato salad for everyone or some quantity, like two cartons?
thanks

Chris
February 20th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I know the wings and brats are outside the "menu" set forth but will be avaliable to all.

Wings should never be off any menu! Thanks Rob!

Rusty
February 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
For sure, just wanting to help people get full. Sould be a few flavors to try!

transplant87
February 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM
put me down for the tato salad and if i got some more money i might bring thin steaks

BlueMoonMobile
February 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hey Rusty, I don't have a grill I can fit in my FJ to bring but was thinkin about stuffed jalapenos. Would there be room on your grill for them?

Rusty
February 21st, 2010, 09:04 AM
thats a great idea! Im bringing all kinds of home made goodies to try some JALAPANOS' would be awesome

Fordguy77
February 21st, 2010, 12:17 PM
thats a great idea! Im bringing all kinds of home made goodies to try some JALAPANOS' would be awesome

have you ever had them ones that are wrapped in Bacon and bbq'd? there amazing

Pathrat
February 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
put me down for the tato salad and if i got some more money i might bring thin steaks

Great. Will you be bringing a grill if you are bringing meat?

Dirt Claude
February 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Doesn't look like utensils is covered yet? Put me down for forks, knives, and spoons.
I can bring some ketchup and mustard too.

Smash
February 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
I have 4 extra chairs I can bring along with a camping table. I do not have a grill. However, we will not be bringing the dogs, so I have plenty of room. I can bring someone else's grill up.

Pathrat
February 22nd, 2010, 07:30 PM
So, everyone just keep watching the first thread for updates.

We need more paper plates, relish, sides and chips. Something to note, please, is to put up how many of what thing you are bringing. Please say if you are bringing enough for everyone or you are bringing half or some concrete number. If you have already signed up to bring something, please PM me for how many people you are willing to provide for.

Two weeks before our run I will try to clean up the thread, see what we still need, and start picking volunteers if we need to.

Thanks,
The Bitchy Org Queen

Chris
February 22nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
The Bitchy Org Queen

Another username change! :eek:

ShutUpHippie
February 22nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
This run looks like a blast, I am working out my schedule now. Should be able to make it- a maybe as of today.

:fing: Rob

Rob
February 22nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Another username change!

What's the "Org" short for again? :D

WINKY
February 22nd, 2010, 09:17 PM

its ogre....

Chris
February 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM

its ogre....

Winky for the save!

scout man
February 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
its pronounced like you are reading the letter... O-R- G (pronounce orgy) :D

Pathrat
February 22nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
What's the "Org" short for again?

its ogre....

Winky for the save!

I think Winky for the Win! :lmao:

Pathrat
February 22nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
its pronounced like you are reading the letter... O-R- G (pronounce orgy) :D

I bet my husband would ask a few questions about that title!

transplant87
February 22nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
:D
yeah i guess i can squezze a grill into my big empty bed. the grill is a bigin'

scout man
February 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
I bet my husband would ask a few questions about that title!

I suspect he probably would.

Red Rhino
February 24th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Can you bring 60 or do you want to bring 30 and I will ask someone to bring another 30?

Sorry for the late response, I have been out of town. So, Yes I can bring 60 paper plates. If we need more just let me know.

Bryan

Haku
March 2nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Late response too.....but I think I might have to bring some Bacon Explosion!!!!....

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7252

Haven't tried it yet, but looks like something that would be amazingly yummy (and probably make you keel over after a plate of it).

JH

Rob
March 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
I like bacon and sausage, but that's just wrong on so many levels.

foxtrot
March 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
anyone getting drinks yet?

Smash
March 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
I believe this is bring your own drinks.

foxtrot
March 3rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
ok, just wanted to make sure, I'll bring brownies for 30 people. I am going to have me plus one more

Zatticus
March 3rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Anybody bringing a Charcoal grill?
Just curious, It tastes so much better.
and I may be able to bring some snack/desert type of food, I'll let you know within the next couple of days.
:)

Pathrat
March 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM
ok, just wanted to make sure, I'll bring brownies for 30 people. I am going to have me plus one more

I will put you on the list, thanks

Pathrat
March 4th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Anybody bringing a Charcoal grill?
Just curious, It tastes so much better.
and I may be able to bring some snack/desert type of food, I'll let you know within the next couple of days.

I am not bringing charcoal. Kind of easier to cook 60+ hot dogs on the propane camp grills we are bringing. :)

We probably need more chips

Zatticus
March 4th, 2010, 09:59 PM
D;

Oh well,
A grill is still a grill.
Even without the beautiful Charcoal and/or woodfire taste

I'll see about getting a few bags.
Anybody have a preference on kinds of chips?

Chris
March 4th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Thread Closed: Please click here: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?8824-2010-Anniversary-Run-Part-II-final-cut!

tonkatoy
March 23rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
I will bring 2 coolers of drinks and some mics food

WINKY
March 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
using a charcoal grill takes a bit of time to get hot, last run we did we all were starving by the time we found a suitable spot to eat at. No time to wait for charcoal :) good idea though and yes they do taste better

Mporter
March 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
No time to wait for charcoal good idea though and yes they do taste better

But I sell propane and propane accessories.

BlueMoonMobile
March 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM
using a charcoal grill takes a bit of time to get hot, last run we did we all were starving by the time we found a suitable spot to eat at. No time to wait for charcoal good idea though and yes they do taste better

I'm going up early to help set up so Charcoal isn't a problem for me really. I like charcoal better too so the jalapenos will be bacon rapped and ready. I did the run this weekend so I can take a few minutes out of my play to get some quality grub ready for hungry trail junkies;)... if you like bacon jalapenos of course....

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Re: 2nd Annual Anniversary Run March 27th - Part I

Schedule:
Meet. Greet and hang out.
Raffle.
Lunch/cookout.
Trails.
FYI, here is how the raffle is going to work:

I am going to put together drawing buckets for Jeep, Toyota, full size pick up, and general.

The Jeep bucket with be for people with a TJ as that what the Nemesis sliders fit. (These are about $500 sliders, BTW, and are state of the art)

The Toyota bucket will be for people with Toyotas as stuff in here will fit nothing else.

The full size pick up will be for the single new tail gate replacement net I have that will fit nothing else.

These drawings will be held first. People who win something from these drawings will be eliminated from the 'General' drawing in order to allow more people to win goodies.

The general drawing with be for everyone else and for people who didn't win stuff from the previous drawings. This general drawing will include all items, gift certificates, and services from vendors and what other members have contributed to the raffle. The majority of these items and services will work or be useful to anyone, no matter make or model.

At the end of this round of drawings, if there are items left over, which I doubt, we will have another one.

The raffle will be held before the lunch/cookout to allow time for people to run the trails or do whatever else they want to do.

Please make sure that I have all these items that you are bringing where I have set up so that I can deal with stuff in a simple manner without undue confusion.

I am going to repeat this as I feel it needs repeating:

Rigs with first aid supplies and people with the knowledge of how to use them will be marked with PINK flagging tape. See me as I will have a roll.

PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF ANY OTHER PEOPLE RUNNING THE TRAIL! If you decide to run the trail, do it in small groups of 8-10 rigs maximum and always let other groups by.

Where we are going to be gathering, PLEASE PARK OFF THE ACTUAL TRAIL SO AS TO ALLOW FOR OTHER GROUPS TO GET
BY.

PROPERLY DISPOSE OF ALL YOUR WASTE: Trash goes into trash bags. Toilet paper goes into trash bags. Human waste gets buried and covered up. Most people, having spent time outside, already know this. People who don't know this, need to. If you, or your kids, leave toilet paper behind trees, DO NOT expect a really friendly reminder to pick it up. Almost all of us clean up trail trash and have seen areas where large groups have gathered with toilet paper behind every tree or rock. Believe me, this is not going to happen on a FR run.http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/smilies/biggrin.gif (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

In other words, be considerate of anyone else that is running the trail tomorrow and because we have such a large group, allow them the right of way..uphill or down. We are the ones taking up the real estate here, so let's not get people upset with our actions.