February 14th, 2010, 07:40 AM
This is a repost of a video shot 5/19/09 on Eagle Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIne73SfdlM

JeffX
February 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Sweet! I can't wait to get up there!

Haku
February 14th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Looks a bit different when its not covered in snow. I'll have to get up and try that one when it dries out.

JH

Funrover
February 15th, 2010, 07:11 AM
That was a fun day!

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:06 PM
That was a fun day!

Really?

Funrover
February 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Well I had fun. I know you got a bit scared LOL

Smash
February 15th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Sweet video, but not something I'll be attempting!

Funrover
February 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet video, but not something I'll be attempting!

You could do it. GM4X4LOVER has taken his burb up it!

Pathrat
February 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Come on Steph it was easy. You did great.

I like you Jamie :)

But :lmao: I was a big baby! thanks :)

MelloYello
February 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
wow. that looks like a lot of fun. What would you say is the minimum rig requirements for that trail?
I have open diffs and 31" tires.

Smash
February 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
You could do it. GM4X4LOVER has taken his burb up it!

Yeah and from what I hear he's one heck of a driver!!

Haku
February 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
wow. that looks like a lot of fun. What would you say is the minimum rig requirements for that trail?

In dry conditions you would make it no problem I think. Might need a small tug on a few spots, but thats around what Aaron and Jamie have on their rigs (Jamie has at least one locker, but similar sized tires as I recall). Mud, or even worse/better snow, and its hard for anyone to make it up some of the sections. I have 35's and dual lockers, and I tried about 10-15 times to get up one section before calling it quits in the snow.

JH

Haku
February 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah and from what I hear he's one heck of a driver!!

He's a good driver, but that isn't why he made it up that in his burb. You are honestly inflating these runs in your head dude. Your rig is fully capable of that, and you are close to getting there yourself. The big hill on Eagle Rock is like a slightly chunkier version of that hill that we all tried on one of the spurs on Ironclads over the weekend, with an obstacle that needs some articulation to get over at the top. Plenty of room for your rig too as far as I could tell.

JH

Smash
February 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Give me some more time to get some more trails under my belt and I'll get more adventurous. With as tight as my budget it, it pays to be careful and not break stuff. Hopefully by this fall I'll have the experience, time and extra cash to go have some fun in Moab. Looking forward to a good season between biking and wheeling to learn from you guys.

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Didn't I teach you anything at CORE, Ash? :D

Smash
February 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
LOL.

You made my jaw drop for sure, and taught me I don't want to go down that steep again! :lol:

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
But you did fine! I didn't check your pants but you were smiling!

JeffX
February 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I went up there with a Pathy (locked) on 32s last year. He got over everything. The biggest risk with the XJ is the Dana 30/35 combo. they tend to snap on Eagle Rock. That makes for a long day.

EDIT:

Conditions vary significantly on this trail. A couple of years ago, in late summer, there was a Rubi on 35s winching up a particularly steep and loose spot where a boulder was in the way. It was gone next time I ran it.

Anybody have pics of the Burb going through the tight spot in the trees? That's some skillz....

Funrover
February 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM

I am completely open also. I had run it on 32's before. You can make it. You may have to take a different route at a few of the optional areas but you can do it

Funrover
February 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I went up there with a Pathy (locked) on 32s last year. He got over everything. The biggest risk with the XJ is the Dana 30/35 combo. they tend to snap on Eagle Rock. That makes for a long day.

EDIT:

Conditions vary significantly on this trail. A couple of years ago, in late summer, there was a Rubi on 35s winching up a particularly steep and loose spot where a boulder was in the way. It was gone next time I ran it.

Anybody have pics of the Burb going through the tight spot in the trees? That's some skillz....

Never seen a Jeep snap parts on that trail personally. I will look for the pics, I have some somewhere