PDA

View Full Version : Winch Pulley Physics Discussion

Brody
February 13th, 2010, 05:54 AM
OH MY, THIS THREAD SEEMS TO BE MISSING??!!

Well, no s**t, boys and girls. You want to turn a discussion into into an argument that went where this thread headed, don't expect to see it up here for long. I moved the whole thread over to other forums where it seemed more at home...:D:D:D

I though that this thread would offer additional information. Information, incidentally, already included in most of the winching recovery links, and provide an entertaining discussions on pulley physics. Not true, it seems.....and I thought that I was the one that usually needs the "doesn't play well with others" T shirt....

Keep it nice or don't post..Also don't threaten...or tell people that they "shouldn't post" ...That kind of stuff doesn't fly on the Front Range site..and happens to be one of the many reasons people come over to this site from other forums...We happen to be a friendlier forum than a lot of others..Let's keep it that way. If you can't, there are plenty of other forums where bad 'know it all' attitudes, arguments, and generally being unfriendly to other forum members are SOP. Take it there and keep it there. Don't start that stuff on this forum.

Chris
February 13th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Don't start that stuff on this forum.

I hadn't caught up and read any of this thread to know what happened but agree 100% with Pete. Anyone interested in arguing for the sake of arguing, talking out of their @ss, telling people they shouldn't post, etc can go to other forums where this is considered appropriate. I have no qualms deleting anyone that doesn't understand and respect this.

I have "reputation" ratings turned off because there's never been a need to use them because everyone's been cool and there's never been a need. I don't want to have to change that because it's easier to simply delete people who are argumentative, etc. If any of this cr@p repeats itself I may turn on reputation ratings and start deleting people who others find to be providing negative value to these forums.

Click the "Forum Rules" link towards the bottom of the page and read it.