PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Wiring

sunk
February 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Im looking for a little side work. Ive been working on vehicle electronics for 5 years...2 way radio installation, lighting for emergency vehicles, sirens, custom console work. Anyone needing help with wiring...troubleshooting or installation? Give me a call 3032049822

Chris
February 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Troubleshooting? I have a weird electrical issue but it's so intermittent I doubt it's findable.

Funrover
February 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Not right now, but Roland will need help. I may call you for my camper!

Smash
February 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I'll be looking you up whenever I get the funds to add lights, some more cig lights on the interior, fuse block, etc. All this will be after bumpers from Brody, so it's gonna be a bit.

sunk
February 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Intermittent problems are the worst. What happens? If you can, try to reproduce it (if you are not worried about burning down your rig) and try to remember what specifically(sp) happens...my experience is that there is bad grounding somewhere.

Troubleshooting? I have a weird electrical issue but it's so intermittent I doubt it's findable.

Chris
February 9th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it happens occassionally when I have the heat on and it blinks the power off to my radio and clock. Nothing critical, just annoying.

1freaky1
February 10th, 2010, 07:16 AM
That sounds more like it is just you Chris blinking on and off!

Chris
February 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM
:lmao:

Brody
February 10th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Shoot me a PM about how much it would be or if we can swap fab stuff for wiring in a piggy back Split Second ECU on my 3.4L Yota. ECU is a ***** to get to, directions are pretty clear. Probably 8 wires. You need to be good at reading wiring schematics upside down...:D

Let me know if you are interested. I suck at this stuff....

sunk
February 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Chris, Do you have problems when you are running your winch?

Chris
February 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I haven't in the past but haven't used it for a long time either. Next week I'll be pulling the dash to tidy things up and see if I can find anything obvious. I also have to redo some battery connections so I'll see if any of that makes a difference.

sunk
February 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I haven't in the past but haven't used it for a long time either. Next week I'll be pulling the dash to tidy things up and see if I can find anything obvious. I also have to redo some battery connections so I'll see if any of that makes a difference.
Look for loose connections, smashed wires, and bad grounds...

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'll be doing that again. After discussions with some other owners of these trucks and examining the wiring diagram I've found that it may be related to a bad ground on my dome light which also has issues and share the same circuit. It's worth checking and maybe I'll get lucky.

scout man
February 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Man, all you people having problems with dome lights taking out other systems. Good thing my dome light dissapeared years ago :D

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'll take recurring dome light problems over recurring DS problems any day!

scout man
February 16th, 2010, 10:01 AM
hey now, it has been a completely different drive shaft problem each time !! :D

Rob
February 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I've found that it may be related to a bad ground on my dome light

So how's your transmission?

sunk
April 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
I am still looking for side work....

Zatticus
April 23rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
I don't need any now, but I will need help when I get Subs and interior lighting.
Switches are good.
;)

I'll be sure to contact you about it.
:thunb:

Chris
April 23rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
So how's your transmission?

:confused: It seems I lost track of this thread. My tranny is fine, I've fixed my wiring and everything is working as it should. One thing that may be left only shows up when using my heater so I'll pretend it's fixed until shown otherwise next winter. ;)