PDA

View Full Version : anyone up for a run this tues 8/11?

cfr
January 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone interested in running Johnny Park Road on Sunday? ni0h on Co4x4 did it last weekend (post 15),

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=161282

Would meet in Lyons around 9am.

Haku
January 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I would be interested, but my rig is gonna be parked for a while. Just an FYI, its listed as "closed" on the Forest Service site, so call to confirm on that one if you are gonna go up there. Smash is probably camping up there tomorrow night, so you might see if he wants to go.

JH

cfr
January 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Too late to call the FS office (they closed at 4:30). I've got a "free day" from the wife so I'm going somewhere. If this is closed, Bunce/Ironclads would be the backup.

Rob
January 16th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Let me think about it. I might need to get out Sunday. But JP is out, and so is Pole Hill. I'm guessing they closed them because it's been warmer, the snow's melting and the trails are getting muddy.

Brody
January 16th, 2010, 06:25 AM
If you get enough people interested in this, start a 'planned trail run' thread and also put it on the calendar. Thanks.

Rob
January 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I'm out. I went with CR, the other Longmont Rob, Ash and Adam today to Bunce/Ironclads. It got steep and slick quickly. I ended up backing down a couple hundred yards to let Rob and Ash back down. Only CR tried to finish the loop but got denied and scraped up the pretty orange finish on his stinger. Fun day, though, just short on wheelin'.

We ran into a couple rangers. One told us that Johnny Park and Pole Hill are seasonal closures. JP maybe, but I thought PH was closed only when it was impassible or too muddy. Hmm.

cfr
January 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Understood. I checked the spur (118A) on Johnny Park today and the gate was closed. I still have a "free day" pass from my wife so I'm going somewhere. Anyone else interested in something?

Rob
January 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Ash and Adam are camping on Ironclads tonight and might be doing some light wheeling tomorrow. If you take Bunce to the Ironclads turnoff, they're up in flat area with the rock spurs scattered about.