PDA

View Full Version : Monstaliner

Mporter
January 7th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Has anyone ever used this on their rigs?

I noticed an ad for it when researching things on yotatech and thought it looked good. But I don't know how it holds up or if anyone here has ever used it. Search has failed me and most of google searches on it just brings up more product specs and people with trucks putting it on their bed.

I have been messing with the idea to use some bedliner on the exterior of my 62, along some of the body lines.

Any help or comments would be great.

Here is the link to the website: Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner (http://www.monstaliner.com/)

Brody
January 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Well, it partly depends on how much you want to spend. For the price they are getting for this stuff, you could almost take your rig somewhere and have it professionally Rhynolined. I have not heard anything about it.

FYI, I used the very cheap Dura Bak stuff you can get at Checkers or any of the other cheapo places on the bed of my rig. It cost me about $50 for a gallon, went on easily enough with a brush and roller(about 1/8" thick) and is still there...and very hard to grind off to get to bare metal. This was 6 years ago that I did this. Before I built it up to the point where it is now and still used it as a pick up, I was hauling broken concrete, construction metal and debris, wood, scaffolding etc in it. This stuff is stout. I gallon covered the bed and sides of a standard 6' bed.

I don't think that you have to spend 4 times as much to get a good protective coating.

Mporter
January 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah it "looks" like a good product, kinda pricey. But i honestly think id rather stay with something i've seen/heard of other people using, not something I can hardly pull up info on.

Brody
January 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Every 'review' I found for it essentially was copied text from the MonstaLiner site. Just like you, I couldn't find anything reported by anyone who has actually used the product in any way, shape, or form and I tried a bunch of different search criteria, too.

I would stick to something either someone suggested or I could find good reviews on.

Mporter
January 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Every 'review' I found for it essentially was copied text from the MonstaLiner site. Just like you, I couldn't find anything reported by anyone who has actually used the product in any way, shape, or form and I tried a bunch of different search criteria, too.

I would stick to something either someone suggested or I could find good reviews on.

Not to mention the Monstaliner kit is for a truck bed with 2 gallons of stuff and i might not need that much...not to mention you would be buying things from them that already are in your house. I.e. rubber gloves, paint roller, stirring sticks (free, just go to lowes), etc.