PDA

View Full Version : Air Resources Close To Trails

Brody
January 3rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
This is a total bootleg from COTTORA. If anyone is involved with COTTORA, please thank RedRunnertc for starting this thread and providing the basic information and for the other COTTORA people for the contributions on the COTTORA site (http://www.tacomaterritory.com)

From RedRunnertc:

I have found that the best places for air are gas stations with car washes. They must store at REALLY high pressure for the car wash, because they fill at least as fast as CO2. They also seem to be free usually.

Boulder Carnage:
The Philips 66 in Gunbarrel (63rd ave and Hwy 119). On the side of the carwash.

Moab:
The Chevron at the end of town, almost out by Moab 4x4 Outpost. Around the back on the carwash.

Slaughterhouse/Guanella Pass/RedCone
The Conoco in Bailey around the back on the wall between the station and the carwash.

From stagecoachco, also on the COTTORA froum:

Steamboat:

Ski Haus gas station (near Safeway, corner of Pine Grove Rd and Hwy 40). Around the on the side.

From Eric Ross, fjcruiser, again on the COTTORA site:

Grand Junction:

Diamond Shamrock (?) south side of Horizon Drive, west of I-70. Air hose is on the left side of the building.

Ouray:

South end of town on west side of the highway, I think it's an old Phillips 66, air at the pumps.

Aspen:

Main Street Gas at the intersection of Main Street and Aspen Street, air hose on left side of garage. Only compressing during business hours, but usually some left in the tank after hours.

Basalt:

Phillips 66 at Two Rivers and Midland, air hose on south side of the building, but not always charged after hours.

Carbondale:

Phillips 66 on Hwy 133 south of Main St on the east side of the highway... I forget where the hose is!

Remember that Eric is one of the main driving forces behind Wheelers For The Wounded, too!

From spindleshanks, COTTORA:

Kelly Flats/Sevenmile:

Near the exit to Kelly Flats and the entrance to Seven Mile:
The little B&B/restaurant/bar/convenience store in Rustic, at the bottom of the hill on Hwy 14, has air for $1. But it's not a coin op setup; it's a shop-sized professional compressor out back, and they'll give you all the air you want if you're polite.

Idaho Springs:

The gas station in Idaho Springs has shop air for free. I think it's the Sinclair shop, the farther North of the two gas stations that are right in the downtown area. It's a small, two-bay auto repair facility with a gas station attached. The guy who runs the place leaves an air hose sticking out of a hole in the garage door, for anybody to use. I've filled up there well into the evening.
I always offer the dude a couple of bucks, and he always refuses it. Then I buy a snack or some windshield washer fluid from him just to say thanks.

From avsfreak1234, COTTORA:

Estes Park:

The Shell on Highway 7 in Estes has free Air.

Buena Vista:

Gunsmoke Travel Plaza (The Towing Company next door)

Add to this list if you know of other valid air sources. Please do not post chat, thanks or otherwise clutter up this resource.

SCRubicon
January 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Idaho Springs:

The Shell station right next to that Sinclair in Idaho Springs has quick air. The machine says it costs a quarter, but even when I didn't have a quarter in the change holder to drop in it still worked. I think it's the honor system. And they are open a little later.

Lysmachia
January 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Actually that is a total bootleg from ME, from RedRunnerTC (Who is Troy, my SO) ;) Please add your info to this list!!! - so I can repopulate my CoTTORA thread with it!

There is an old Conoco in the middle of the main drag in Idaho springs on the north side that also has free air. Hard to see the air hose but it is back there.

There was one of the 3 gas stations (not the 2 closest to I-70) that DID have free air in George Town about a year ago, Not sure if it still does.

Pathrat
January 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
MOAB: Add the gas station at the intersection of 191 (route south to Moab from I-70) and 313 (turn off to Canyonlands), about 15 miles north of town. It is a camping/store/gas station spot and while the air isn't free it is there. It isn't too far from Poison Spider, Gemini, Klondike, etc.

AccordRanger
January 21st, 2010, 08:30 AM
Sugarloaf, Switzerland, Pennsylvania Gulch: The Circle K on Canyon and 15th. Its on the South side of the building. Note: this site is only sometimes free. You will have about a 50/50 chance f getting free air. Listed here anyway as another source.

Lysmachia
May 7th, 2010, 12:55 AM
The new Kum n Go in Idaho Springs has free air. Exit 240.

Chris
May 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Texaco on Main St in Moab

ROKTAXI
May 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Texaco on Main St in Moab

Chevron (behind and on the side of the store) and the Shell station south of town.

Lysmachia
May 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Moab:
The Chevron at the end of town, almost out by Moab 4x4 Outpost. Around the back on the carwash.

Is that the same Chevron? IIRC The air hose is only behind the carwash, I never saw one attached to the store.