PDA

View Full Version : My 'Go Green' 4x4 Dream Machine

Brody
December 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
These are all Reva 4x4s MkII, I believe. They are all based off the original Mamba APC design which started off as an APC on a Mog chassis.

The third picture may very well be an actual Mamba, but is pretty (and nicely ) modified. At any rate, these seem very representative of my sensitive, touchy feely nature...:D

Mporter
December 23rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hold on....i had to wipe some drool off my keyboard

WOW

greenramp
December 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
BAE Systems makes those. I used to work for them. used to be Olifant Manufacturing Company, then Land Systems OMC, which is now part of BAE Systems land systems. We refer to them as Systems rather than Vehicles.

Haku
December 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
The truck in the Third pic were featured rather heavily in the "Distric 9" sci fi action movie. They also had some sweet 4 door Toyota Pickups in that movie. Here is what they looked like in the movie....

http://balajoe27.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bscap0002.jpg

Pretty neat, but a crappy picture. Definitely a movie worth watching if you like Aliens, Bloody action movies, big fantasy guns, and offroad vehicles. Definitely cool rigs that look like they would rock offroad, or at least in the places where they fit.

JH

p.s. We are becoming more famous every day... Type in "District 9 Vehicles" into google, and Front Range is the first link :). -jh

Brody
December 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
I knew I had heard the name BAE before, but had to google it to find out. I remembered it in connection with the Second Chance armor stuff, which gets some pretty damn good reviews...or at least it did until the 6.8 came out. Didn't bother to read much else...

It also looks as though the Reva4x is now sitting on big Danas vs the portals...

Mporter
December 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I thought some of the cruiserheads would appreciate this one i stumbled across.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=382394&stc=1&d=1261784292

Chris
December 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I like the chrome Land Cruiser emblem still on the back!

Mporter
December 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
im sure thats how toyota designed land cruisers to be used.