PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Big Red
December 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
So, I'm back in Co after a 5 year absense, man i missed this place! Good wheeling in Idaho, but not the same!!

Anyway, my name is mike, and i have been building my 86 chevy for about 12 years now, it's getting close!:rolleyes: Currently, i've done;
upgraded to 3/4 ton axles with 4:10's, rebuilt 350 (well, i'm on the third one now, blew the 305 the day i bought the truck!:() 3 speed with granny (sm465) 4" lift (springs in front with shackle flip/ longer springs in rear) suburban doors (power windows for the dog, 'ya know!) metro buckets :eek:, 37" toyo MT's, body trimmed to fit, etc.

Started to paint it this summer, but moved in mid paint so it looks a little funny, primer to black to red fade.... maybe winter camo until spring....:cool:

It's put together enough to drive, and i have current tags and insurance, so i'm still driving it, playing in snow, collecting firewood etc. Not a daily driver, but runs fine, needs shocks:o (and 4 link, 42's, lockers, frame boxed, winches........) Doing some snow wheeling tommorow if anyone is interested (switzerland trail area), and collecting fire wood!

So, about me, i am a construction contractor, i remodel houses and build stuff (garages ,decks, houses, sheds) for a living, looking for kitchen/ bath jobs for winter!! hahahaha I live up on top of Left-hand (Yes it's cool, but it's also COLD!) And work mostly in B-town. Single, no kids so i can have all the toys to myself!!!

I am a fair fabricator, and have some cool tools, and i'm just looking for some cool folks to go wheeling and maybe some wrenching?

Anyway, look forward to meeting you all, on the trail or online.....:thunb:

MC

Smash
December 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hey there!! Nice to have you. Sounds like a sweet truck! Gotta through some photos up.

Bunch of us are headed to CORE tomorrow, why not join us?

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-12-12&e=152&c=1

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=72021#post72021

Chris
December 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome to Front Range Mike, skip Switzerland and come to CORE tomorrow!

:welcome:

CR
December 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome!
Come to CORE!:D

WINKY
December 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Welcome back!

ShutUpHippie
December 11th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Welcome!

Surprised that no one has posted this one...
TTIWWOP

Let's see some pics of this rig!

brian pleasant
December 11th, 2009, 05:51 PM
come to core tomorrow

Rob
December 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Welcome aboard. :thunb:

Funrover
December 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome!

Hypoid
December 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome home!

KnuckleHead
December 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome back to Colorado and to the forum.......

Big Red
December 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
OK, I got some pics up, i'll add more as i can. Can't make CORE tommorow, but will make a point of being ready next time (?) Probably need trailer, WAY cheaper to use Dodge to pull then driving 70mph in chevy!:rolleyes:

Thinking about doing some mud racing this summer in South dakota, maybe some tuff truck (although that might make paint pointless!) races. Need more frame boxing/ repairs, but CORE looks like a good test track!:wrench:

BTW My dog IS big, but not as big as he looks in the pic! hahahahaaha
MC

Brody
December 12th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Now we have another contractor here! I do the same stuff..

PM Colomil as he does a lot of racing stuff with his Chevys..

Looking forward to meeting you at some point!

Mporter
December 13th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Welcome