PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday "Stocker" Run?

SubaCool
November 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Anybody up for a quick trip on Wednesday? I'm not much of a planner, and always have to rely on the :princess: schedule, but she's off and I'd like to get out in to the Mtns (<-we need a smiley for that). It'd also be nice to have some more company (never know when you need an extra hand or vehicle, plus the FUN! ;)). Apex area? Nederland-Estes area? Can do a 2-3 trail. Anybody? Bueller?

BlackRubi
November 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I might be up for it. I get off work at 5AM Wednesday morning, so whether or not I can make it depends on what time you want to meet up.

zak8tac
November 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I would love to go, I grew up on the trails in apex, unfortunately I have a m-f 8-5 job :-(

transplant87
November 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
i would like to go but i dont have the gas money, maybe i can be a rider if some1 is willing

transplant87
November 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I might be up for it. I get off work at 5AM Wednesday morning, so whether or not I can make it depends on what time you want to meet up.
we should make this a night run so more ppl can run the trail:thunb:

SubaCool
November 9th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Well, right now it depends on whether Lisa has the day off or not :mad: Her superiors like to change her schedule a lot, at the last moment the most :mad: (I should know later tonite). But, if she doesn't have to work and is up for a fun day, I was thinking of doing some exploring up around Apex. Start around 9, get up there at 10-ish (BlackRubi, would that work?) I just came across Russell Gulch (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=150) on td (how come I've never noticed it before?). Looks like an interesting trail. Or Yankee Hill (I've been in that area and have been wanting to run it all summer, just never got around to do it).

And no night run, too cold, and dark! (can't take good pictures) :p

SubaCool
November 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
:princess: is off on Wed! Let's go exploring :thunb:

BlackRubi
November 10th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I'll probably be a bit tired, but I could probably manage 10ish. I'll talk to the wife and see how she feels about it and if she has anything going on. If she's busy, I might see if I can sneak away for the day.

SubaCool
November 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Anybody interested in going, my cell # is (970)227-3550. Call or text me to let me know you can make it and we can set a meeting spot and time.

KnuckleHead
November 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
So is this run still go? I don't see anyone that has said yes for sure????? Where a meeting place and time is???

SubaCool
November 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
So is this run still go? I don't see anyone that has said yes for sure????? Where a meeting place and time is???
It is up on the calendar, but here's some info:
Meeting place - McDonald's in Idaho Springs
Meeting time - 10AM
I'm planning on doing Yankee Hill. Start in Idaho Springs, go up Oh My God road to Russell Gulch (town), take a "shortcut" to Bald Mountain rd, up to Yankee Hill and down Cumberland Gulch to Alice. If enough time, might attempt Chinns Lake. I've got a gps all ready to go.

Who wants to join, please call or text me before 9am (after 6am please ;)) as I probably won't have good cell coverage once out of Denver.

Brody
November 11th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Wish I could go, but I have a deck job to finish...

Mporter
November 11th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Got school from 9-11 :mad:

Patrolman
November 11th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have a meeting from 12-3. Being unemployed is more work than being employed ever was. There are no more "days off".

SubaCool
November 11th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Excuses, excuses :D I'll be waiting at the McDonald's/gas station in IS til 10:15am if anybody wants to join up. If not, no biggie. Just please somebody come rescue us if we don't report back in a day or two ;)

SubaCool
November 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM
We're back, hold the rescue party!! Solo, but it was awesome, we've had lotsa fun! Trail report coming up in a few... :thunb: