PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill - Easy Stock Run

Chris
October 31st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Yankee Hill Run for the Stockers

Info here: http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-11-8&e=140&c=1

Who's going to make it?

transplant87
November 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
im not all stock but im going and ill take pics and post them for the ppl that r scared to go. and i wil even post on how many times i get stuck:cool:

Rob
November 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
I got my fill of snow today on Bunce/Ironclads. :thunb:

Mporter
November 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM
I got my fill of snow today on Bunce/Ironclads. :thunb:

ditto

Pathrat
November 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM
I would like to go on a run with Kepi, but my idea of fun does not include getting stuck and spending more time getting unstuck than driving. I am not sure about this yet.

Rob
November 1st, 2009, 08:23 PM
I would like to go on a run with Kepi, but my idea of fun does not include getting stuck and spending more time getting unstuck than driving. I am not sure about this yet.

We were close to doing that today and all had a great time. :)

Mporter
November 2nd, 2009, 06:40 AM

Randy can walk you through charging batteries every 2 minutes after 30seconds of winching though!

Brody
November 2nd, 2009, 06:58 AM

And I thought that you wanted to learn more about recovery techniques....

Chris
November 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM

Pathrat is devoted to warm weather recovery. ;)

Smash
November 2nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Looks like good, warm weather this week, so there will probably be much less snow than folks are expecting. I will talk to Karla, but we don't have any plans that day, so if we can hitch a ride we are probably in!

WINKY
November 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
ill move this to another thread not to hijack this one.

anything reffering to my winch post here..

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68254#post68254

Kepi
November 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
I don't think I have been getting the email from the replies here. It sounds like Yankee Hill is not going to be a good run for stock vehicles and I don't want to spend a lot of time getting unstuck so I am wondering if anyone has an idea for an alternate run? Pathrat suggested Mt. Herman Rd. I found a trail run report from the 10/24/09, before the snow.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/report.php?id=695

This might be a better run than yankee hill.... any other suggestions?

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=158

Chris
November 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Go to your UserCP -> options and make sure you have it set to receive the email notifications.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Everyone thought there would be a lot of snow Saturday but there wasn't as much as they thought. I suspect the same may be true for Yankee Hill.

Smash
November 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Should be plenty of melting!

Funrover
November 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I don't think I have been getting the email from the replies here. It sounds like Yankee Hill is not going to be a good run for stock vehicles and I don't want to spend a lot of time getting unstuck so I am wondering if anyone has an idea for an alternate run? Pathrat suggested Mt. Herman Rd. I found a trail run report from the 10/24/09, before the snow.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/report.php?id=695

This might be a better run than yankee hill.... any other suggestions?

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=158

Mt Herman isn't worth it OR it's snowed in for the season. If the snow is gone Mt Herman is just a dirt road.

Pathrat
November 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM

I'll watch a video or something :D

Pathrat is devoted to warm weather recovery. ;)

You know I would rather shovel sand than snow!

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Mt Herman isn't worth it OR it's snowed in for the season. If the snow is gone Mt Herman is just a dirt road.

I had suggested that one as an alternate, thinking if it has snow, it would be a little more challenging than when dry, and it would not be difficult. Is that area done for the season?

What are some lower elevation alternatives to Yankee or are people leaning more towards not too much snow?

Doobie
November 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
that would be a perfect run for my... too bad Im still stuck in CA

Andrew
November 3rd, 2009, 07:09 AM
I'm probably going to be still working on moving stuff.

Funrover
November 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
I had suggested that one as an alternate, thinking if it has snow, it would be a little more challenging than when dry, and it would not be difficult. Is that area done for the season?

[/B]

I will ask Jon what the conditions on Herman are like.

Andrew
November 3rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Some video from Yankee Hill on the 1st:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90cnNFPLd6A

Medic-5150
November 3rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
If aanyone goes, make sure you got at least one winch!

Smash
November 3rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Haha now that's slippery!

Funrover
November 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Nice vid, looks like a slip n' slide

Brody
November 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
That is slippery! It really doesn't take much either. I was following Bren in his FJ80 on a trail and he was going through about 18-20" of snow, all locked up, no problem. He hit this itty bitty hill and all of a sudden starting sliding backwards, all four tires turning. I was a little too close and frantically stuck it in reverse to keep from getting hit. I managed to get out of the way, and watched as Bren slid about 30' down this tiny hill, all four tires turning the uphill direction , picking up speed the whole way and go sliding off into the ditch on the side.

We were both doing a WTF?!, got out and looked at the tracks. There was a solid sheet of blue ice under the snow from a run off higher up the road...Not much to do on ice without chains! I have gotten out of my rig on the ice on Duck Creek Trail when forward movement ceased and just walked around it, watching all four tires happily spinning. I was on a run with Dave Pritchett in his Jeep, and we were both locked front and rear. It was very interesting having to back about 2 miles down this trail to get turned around with lockers and no chains...

Andrew
November 3rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yup I try to find runs that are mostly downhill or level for snow.

Slaughterhouse was a blast in the snow, and had one uphill challenge if ran counter clockwise, but most everything else was going down. Of course if you get down you need to be sure you can get up again....or someone with a winch can.

WINKY
November 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
im getting vbar chains.

Pathrat
November 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm in, and after talking to Kepi, we are thinking from the Central City side is where to start.

Andrew
November 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM
That's the way I've always run it - from central city side.

transplant87
November 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
im in , i just hope my check comes in on time this week

Air Randy
November 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Kepi,

Steve Brady, Ricardo and myself are going on your run too. We all have FJ40's, Ricardo has a rear locker and is familiar with the trail if you need any assistance as a leader. Steve and I both have winches and our rigs are fairly well built in the event there are any recovery operations required.

Brody
November 4th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Glad that you are still among the living Randy!

Pathrat
November 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cool, I was hoping we would have some winch power on this run.

RicardoJM
November 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Kepi,

Steve Brady, Ricardo and myself are going on your run too. We all have FJ40's, Ricardo has a rear locker and is familiar with the trail if you need any assistance as a leader. Steve and I both have winches and our rigs are fairly well built in the event there are any recovery operations required.

I've been on the trail twice; the first time as a passenger at night and running from Rollinsville over to Central City. The second time was during the day in the Bronco running from Central City but with the snow depth, I only got up a short ways.

The run should be a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing how the FJ40 will do. Unlike Randy and Steve, my FJ40 is not lifted and running 31" tires. I do have a rear locker and will bring my chains along. I'll also provide any assistance I can to leading/gunning Kepi. :thunb:

FJBRADY
November 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Looking forward to it.

I recommend a mid to late morning start so the sun has time to melt/partially melt any ice that formed over night.

Kepi
November 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
yes, we are meeting at the cottage in at Colfax and Simms at 9:30 am. Also, there is a gas station on I-70 and Colfax that we can gas and coffee up at =) Since I have not been on this trail before I will not be leading! hehehe.. And thank for the winch power!! See you all Sunday morning, should be fun!

FJBRADY
November 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM
yes, we are meeting at the cottage in at Colfax and Simms at 9:30 am. Also, there is a gas station on I-70 and Colfax that we can gas and coffee up at =) Since I have not been on this trail before I will not be leading! hehehe.. And thank for the winch power!! See you all Sunday morning, should be fun!

Thanks, I realized the time after I posted. :confused:

This time of year an easy trail can go extreme real fast. Good thing about Yankee, as I remember, no off camber stuff and there is plenty of room between the trees. Should be a fun slippery time. :thunb:

Rob
November 4th, 2009, 01:49 PM
OK, I might be in. That would give us an even number of 40s. No locker and no winch, though, and only 31-inch tires. I need to see if one of the sets of cable chains I have will fit. I'd likely come in from the north side of Central City, though, so I'd have to meet you all in CC or at the trailhead.

Chris
November 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I had to delete Kepi's posting on the calendar so I could re-post it with the RSVP feature working (I hope) so please RSVP for this run!

Smash
November 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Looks like Karla and I are out! You guys have fun!!

Chris
November 4th, 2009, 04:54 PM
So you can't read now Smash?

Roo
November 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Looks like Karla and I are out! You guys have fun!!

Are you already predicting another hangover?:lol:

Smash
November 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Lol, do I need to RSVP if I'm not going?

Roo - Ha. ha. ha. ha. HA. That is all I shall say. Naw, we're gonna take a day to the two of us as we have a full day planned Sunday.

Chris
November 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Lol, do I need to RSVP if I'm not going?

Yes please but on the "Test" rsvp, I need people to use it to see if it's going to stay working.

transplant87
November 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
OK, I might be in. That would give us an even number of 40s. No locker and no winch, though, and only 31-inch tires. I need to see if one of the sets of cable chains I have will fit. I'd likely come in from the north side of Central City, though, so I'd have to meet you all in CC or at the trailhead.
i dont think we will have any miss happs cause im running 33s so if there is any big drifts i might be able to knock them down, but i dont have a winch either:(

Smash
November 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Yes please but on the "Test" rsvp, I need people to use it to see if it's going to stay working.

Working! :thunb:

Pathrat
November 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
It is good that we have some more than stock rigs on this. This is a stock run so I hope that we don't run into enough snow to turn the couple of stock rigs back. I plan on bringing chains, no idea if I will need them.

I like that there aren't too many places with the trees close in on this trail

transplant87
November 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM
i dont have chains as of now but im workin on gettin some or makin ther myself:cool:

Chris
November 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
It is good that we have some more than stock rigs on this. This is a stock run so I hope that we don't run into enough snow to turn the couple of stock rigs back. I plan on bringing chains, no idea if I will need them.

Please RSVP! ;)

Rob
November 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Are you saying there are plenty of places to slide off the trail and keep going for a while? :eek:

Pathrat
November 4th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Are you saying there are plenty of places to slide off the trail and keep going for a while? :eek:

Why yes. I don't have any side or front body damage and was looking for an opportunity to sand and paint more things on my truck.
You weren't there when I slid off Eagle Rock. I was in such happy spirits for that adventure but was sad that I was violating the Stay the Trail rules.

(Good one Rob. :))

Rob
November 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I was in such happy spirits for that adventure but was sad that I was violating the Stay the Trail rules.

I think Stay the Trail applies only to rigs under control. I think there's some latitude for operator error. But only once per trail. (I need to reread the fine print.) :thunb:

Rob
November 4th, 2009, 10:51 PM
You weren't there when I slid off Eagle Rock.

Yep, I missed it. Got photos?

RicardoJM
November 5th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Kepi, at last nights monthly meeting (Rising Sun 4x4 Club) I was talking to a few people that indicated an interest in joining us on this run. I've posted up the meeting place details (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11281) on the club website. I clearly indicated our objective for this to be an easy stock and expressed the caveat that much depends upon how much melting has occurred this week.

I'll monitor the thread and post up here if anyone decides to join the run. :thunb:

Air Randy
November 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
i dont think we will have any miss happs cause im running 33s so if there is any big drifts i might be able to knock them down, but i dont have a winch either:(

Confucius say: Don't get too confident grasshoppa, I have seen rigs with chained up 40" tires get swallowed whole by drifts that didnt look like they were going to be a problem.

On the other hand, with the temps this week we may have only small drifts and tons of mud to contend with. Either way it should still be fun.

CR
November 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I will be there.
DrUnit, Maybe You and I can cruise up together and meet the rest of the group at CC, seeing as we are both coming from Longmont. Let me know where and what time you want to meet. I live close to the Hospital on the west side of town. Sounds like this one should be fun. I also have a winch, and am on 33's so no biggey if people get stuck.:2thumbs:

SubaCool
November 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Confucius say: Don't get too confident grasshoppa, I have seen rigs with chained up 40" tires get swallowed whole by drifts that didnt look like they were going to be a problem.

On the other hand, with the temps this week we may have only small drifts and tons of mud to contend with. Either way it should still be fun.
+1 This was only about what, 40-50 feet wide?
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/43730/2265965650101960247S500x500Q85.jpg

SubaCool
November 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
If Lisa doesn't have to work, we might join the run too. If we do, we're taking it easy, and if for some reason the going gets hard, I am willing to turn around. Winching or being dragged doesn't count as wheeling (in my book), it's called recovery :lol::p

Mporter
November 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I wish I could go on this, but i'm headin up to Copper Mtn. for opening weekend :D

Chris
November 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'll monitor the thread and post up here if anyone decides to join the run. :thunb:

It looks like some RS people would like to wheel & come on this. Post the number of trucks in your RSVP comment section so everyone know the totals.

Chris
November 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I will be there.
DrUnit, Maybe You and I can cruise up together and meet the rest of the group at CC, seeing as we are both coming from Longmont. Let me know where and what time you want to meet. I live close to the Hospital on the west side of town. Sounds like this one should be fun. I also have a winch, and am on 33's so no biggey if people get stuck.:2thumbs:

Anyone not meeting at Kepi's designated spot should also post that in the comment section of the RSVP so people don't hang around waiting.

RicardoJM
November 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
It looks like some RS people would like to wheel & come on this. Post the number of trucks in your RSVP comment section so everyone know the totals.

I will update my RSVP comment as we go along. As of now, Subzali and Leinsered have indicated they will make it. Both of these guys are very experienced and great folks. :D

Chris
November 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I removed the poll which was a stop-gap way to determine who was going to make this run when the RSVP's failed. The RSVP is now working again so please use it: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-11-8&e=145&c=1

Brody
November 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Good to know about the RSVP even though I am out on this one due to lack of gas funds...

Oh well...hope to be on one coming up soon, though..

Pathrat
November 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I will be there.

Hi, here to help Deb with the run planning.

Seems like the open area where the cemeteries are would be a good meet spot. I would guess we should be there around 1030 or hopefully a bit earlier.

Pathrat
November 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Yep, I missed it. Got photos?

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5082&page=4

Pathrat
November 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Kepi, at last nights monthly meeting (Rising Sun 4x4 Club) I was talking to a few people that indicated an interest in joining us on this run. I've posted up the meeting place details (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11281) on the club website. I clearly indicated our objective for this to be an easy stock and expressed the caveat that much depends upon how much melting has occurred this week.

I will do my best to be there a few minutes early to be a recognizable someone from this group. Thanks for noting on your other thread that this is stocker-friendly. :)

RicardoJM
November 6th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I will do my best to be there a few minutes early to be a recognizable someone from this group. Thanks for noting on your other thread that this is stocker-friendly. :)

I am planning to hook up with the group at the Cottage Inn. I know Matt Miller is going to hook up with the group at the graveyard in Central City. From a logistics perspective, I am pretty sure he can give us a hand on that end as well. With 2 meter radio we should be in communication at all times.

Yes, we do want to keep with the stocker friendly objective of the run. It is a great opportunity for those that are less experienced to get some experience and it will also be nice to have the more experienced people to pass on what they have experienced - if that all makes sense:D.

BlackRubi
November 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Alright. After reading all of this....I'm in. I'll RSVP momentarily. No winch, but if I can con my wife into it somehow, I may run to 4 Wheel and look into it. I'm only on 31s, but locked front and rear. I haven't had to deal with too much snow (growing up in the south and all), but I did get to play in the area behind Buckley AFB a little this past snowfall. Hopefully, I won't be too much of a burden.

Brody
November 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Hopefully, I won't be too much of a burden.

You guys gotta get over this attitude! Josh was worried that we were upset because he got stuck a bit and so was Randy on the Bunce/Ironclads run. Not a problem....especially on a winter run! I don't think anyone was upset with anyone else, and no one expects a winter/snow run to be uneventful or fast...Nor does anyone go on winter runs not expecting to do a little shoveling, winching, towing or....worst of all...waiting...I mean no one likes being the dude buried to the frame rails for hours (me and LaDawn on Pole Hill winter of last year...yeah...let me see if I can get through this..uh hunh..) but it happens...and Randy felt bad the last run, but again...no big deal and everyone had fun.

It is a group deal and so far we haven't had to leave anyone in the boonies with a handful of Twinkies and a ratty matchbook

Andrew
November 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
And to add on - going with a group is good. A vehicle may have to be left until it can be retreived later - but a person won't get left behind and stuck somewhere overnight!

transplant87
November 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Alright. After reading all of this....I'm in. I'll RSVP momentarily. No winch, but if I can con my wife into it somehow, I may run to 4 Wheel and look into it. I'm only on 31s, but locked front and rear. I haven't had to deal with too much snow (growing up in the south and all), but I did get to play in the area behind Buckley AFB a little this past snowfall. Hopefully, I won't be too much of a burden.
dont worry ill hook a chain to u so if u get stuck ill just pull u right out

BlackRubi
November 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I'm not too worried about getting stuck. It's going to happen. I just don't want to be the guy that's constantly stuck.

Air Randy
November 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I think you'll find your rig is much more capable than you think. You'll do fine.

Rob
November 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I'm not too worried about getting stuck. It's going to happen. I just don't want to be the guy that's constantly stuck.

That'll be me. I'm bringing the 40: no locker, no winch, 31s. Should be fun. If I get stuck more than twice, I'll turn around. :thunb:

transplant87
November 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
ill probably be the 1 getting stuck cause the only have 33s and nothing else:D

Brody
November 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know...everyone I know never seems to have any problems getting stuck no matter what they have.....Not to worry...

BlackRubi
November 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
:(:(:(
Nevermind...I was thinking that the run was tomorrow and not on Sunday. I'll have to reverse my RSVP. I have church Sunday morning (and with my crazy schedule, I can only go to church every other Sunday...max.) I was REALLY wanting to go. If it were a little later on Sunday it would be different. No worries. Have fun everyone!!!
I'll be posting another run soon. If I can't make this one, I'm wanting to have a run for my birthday.

Air Randy
November 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I never get stuck :lol:

All righty then, we know who our new point man is when the first drift looms into view. Write this one down.....................:2thumbs:

Pathrat
November 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
My boy gave me his illness, which totally bites. I have to back out.

Brody
November 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Yes, we can turn this one into a "how to use dual lockers, big tires, and throttle to get shockingly stuck on a snow run" seminar :D

Yeah and if I were able to come, we could both get solidly stuck and it would take everybody else all day to get us out!

My boy gave me his illness, which totally bites. I have to back out.

Sorry to hear that Stephanie! I hope you feel better!

Rob
November 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I will be there.
DrUnit, Maybe You and I can cruise up together and meet the rest of the group at CC, seeing as we are both coming from Longmont. Let me know where and what time you want to meet. I live close to the Hospital on the west side of town.

Sorry, C.R., I missed this post earlier. Sounds good. I live just a couple blocks due south of the hospital on Frontier Drive. I'll pm the address if you want to swing by and we can cruise up together.

transplant87
November 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
well i got chains super cheap so i pull ppl out if they get stuck

BlackRubi
November 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
well i got chains super cheap so i pull ppl out if they get stuck
Where did you get your chains?

transplant87
November 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
i got them from a guy up the street for 10$ and the fit perfect:thunb:

FJBRADY
November 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I never get stuck :lol:

Ohhhhh reallllllly

CR
November 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry, C.R., I missed this post earlier. Sounds good. I live just a couple blocks due south of the hospital on Frontier Drive. I'll pm the address if you want to swing by and we can cruise up together.
Wow we are neighbors! I live on hunter ct. I have to run down to the legecy apartments to pick up my friend and I will probably need to gas up and coffee up. Do you want to meet at the diamond shamrock in front of target? What time works for you?

BlackRubi
November 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Greenmachine94, I can't PM you because you have it disabled.

WINKY
November 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
You guys gotta get over this attitude! Josh was worried that we were upset because he got stuck a bit and so was Randy on the Bunce/Ironclads run. Not a problem....especially on a winter run! I don't think anyone was upset with anyone else, and no one expects a winter/snow run to be uneventful or fast...Nor does anyone go on winter runs not expecting to do a little shoveling, winching, towing or....worst of all...waiting...I mean no one likes being the dude buried to the frame rails for hours (me and LaDawn on Pole Hill winter of last year...yeah...let me see if I can get through this..uh hunh..) but it happens...and Randy felt bad the last run, but again...no big deal and everyone had fun.

It is a group deal and so far we haven't had to leave anyone in the boonies with a handful of Twinkies and a ratty matchbook

i mainly didnt want to break or burn out anything, that was my main concern. If i had good batteries then, i would have winched up that stuff and not feel bad bout it. It was smarts call not to push too hard and break.

other than that, i dont feel bad for being slow or getting stuck, its part of offroading. :thunb:

transplant87
November 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Greenmachine94, I can't PM you because you have it disabled.
nevermimd, i was going to ask u if u wanted to meet up for this run but ur not going

BlackRubi
November 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
nevermimd, i was going to ask u if u wanted to meet up for this run but ur not going
I really wish I was. That does sound like a good idea, though. Whenever we go on the same run, we could meet up. Chris lives near us, also.

Rob
November 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wow we are neighbors! I live on hunter ct. I have to run down to the legecy apartments to pick up my friend and I will probably need to gas up and coffee up. Do you want to meet at the diamond shamrock in front of target? What time works for you?

It's about an hour and a half to Central City, either way we go, and I prefer the Boulder to Ned to CC route. I don't want to take the 40 on I-70 if I can avoid it. At least not until I get new steering rods installed.

So how about we meet at 8:45? That should put us in CC between 10:15 and 10:30. I'll be in the olive brown FJ40.

transplant87
November 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
i live on colfax and airport

Brody
November 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
You, Happy and Chris are all very close to each other..

transplant87
November 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
me and happy live 50 feet away from eachother

white collar redneck dad
November 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
OK RSVP thread says 945 on colfax -- this says 845 --- what time should we plan on meeting at the cemetary? By the way....what is the name of the cemetary in Central City that yall are meeting at?

RicardoJM
November 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
OK RSVP thread says 945 on colfax -- this says 845 --- what time should we plan on meeting at the cemetary? By the way....what is the name of the cemetary in Central City that yall are meeting at?

The group leaving Cottage Inn at 12101 W Colfax Ave (Colfax & Simms) will meet at 9:30 and be on the road shortly there after. We are expecting to get to the cemetery at around 10:30. I'm sorry, but I don't know the name of the cemetery. As I recall there is pretty much one road heading out of town and the graveyard is hard to miss. The parking area is big enough that is also stands out. The graveyard is on the left hand side of the road as you leave town.

white collar redneck dad
November 8th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the reply.

My GPS is fried!!! I sent it to Garmin in Kansas to get a replacement. I should have a new one to upload all my trips by around Nov 23rd ish... Until then, I have to navigate the old fashion way now--with map quest!!:lol:

What road do I take from hwy 119 in Central City to get to the cementary?

The group leaving Cottage Inn at 12101 W Colfax Ave (Colfax & Simms) will meet at 9:30 and be on the road shortly there after. We are expecting to get to the cemetery at around 10:30. I'm sorry, but I don't know the name of the cemetery. As I recall there is pretty much one road heading out of town and the graveyard is hard to miss. The parking area is big enough that is also stands out. The graveyard is on the left hand side of the road as you leave town.